#SexismEndsNow

Kynlo

This post is totally off the wall.  It's from a article Orbis News posted.  And it seemingly did it's job.  It's got people talking.  We thank you for your support ?

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

936.jpg

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Thank you for this post, Kynlo. I think we are really shedding some light on the issue of sexism around the world. A message needs to be sent that, if you perpetuate sexist ideas, you cannot play this game.

I also agree with the people in the public chat earlier who were proposing we enact a ban on players from Arab countries. It's unacceptable that they support governments that kill homosexuals and won't even let women drive cars. Banning them from PnW won't do too much overall, but the more things we manage to ban them from for supporting sexist notions, maybe we can be the start of something bigger. President Trump already initiated an anti-sexism movement against Arab governments with his travel ban, but it's up to us to ensure that his efforts don't go to waste.

Women should not be belittled; that's like making fun of the disabled kids at your school. Just because people are beneath you does not give you the right to mock them.

Edited by Grimz
  • Upvote 2

Guest Karl VII
1 hour ago, Gabranth said:

YHqcyf3.jpg

We here at IG Final Solutions® also believe in the marked identification of those right-wing rapscallions who dare to disrespect women. Not to mention the gays, or the Muslims (after all, "a religion that believed in spreading the faith by the sword and in subjugating all nations to that faith. Such a creed was perfectly suited to the German temperament." - Uncle Adolf). Yes, we do believe in the notion that those who would disrespect the faith, the homosexuals or women (Allah bless them) should be shunned. 

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sometimes i get the feeling that some people just take every opportunity they get to write a rant about Islam, even if it doesn't really make sense in the thread and is super untopical... And just on the side, quoting Adolf Hitler to give your rant more credibility is a really good idea since we all know that old Adolf was pretty much right with everything he said and his views on race and religion were totally on point and it's not like he was a crazy madman

1 hour ago, Grimz said:

Thank you for this post, Kynlo. I think we are really shedding some light on the issue of sexism around the world. A message needs to be sent that, if you perpetuate sexist ideas, you cannot play this game.

I also agree with the people in the public chat earlier who were proposing we enact a ban on players from Arab countries. It's unacceptable that they support governments that kill homosexuals and won't even let women drive cars. Banning them from PnW won't do too much overall, but the more things we manage to ban them from for supporting sexist notions, maybe we can be the start of something bigger. President Trump already initiated an anti-sexism movement against Arab governments with his travel ban, but it's up to us to ensure that his efforts don't go to waste.

Women should not be belittled; that's like making fun of the disabled kids at your school. Just because people are beneath you does not give you the right to mock them.

Wow. Because everyone from an arab country is sexist? You know most of the arab countries are dictatorships in which the "average joe" has no way of influencing politics and dissidents are thrown into jail or executed? Assuming everyone from an arab country is automatically sexist is pretty racist.

Edited by Karl VII

26 minutes ago, Grimz said:

I see a bright future for you my friend.

XLL3z4T.gif

37 minutes ago, Karl VII said:

Wow. Because everyone from an arab country is sexist? You know most of the arab countries are dictatorships in which the "average joe" has no way of influencing politics and dissidents are thrown into jail or executed? Assuming everyone from an arab country is automatically sexist is pretty racist.

If you pay taxes to a government that kills homosexuals, rarely prosecutes rape against women, and voids women of basic human rights, you are part of the problem. How is it equal that, in the United States, we will take a stand and say things like "white people who don't speak out against Nazis are part of the problem," but when other cultures commit similar atrocities, we turn a blind eye? You're calling me "racist," but you're basically saying that we shouldn't call out the same atrocities in other cultures that we'd call out in our own because they don't know any better. I would definitely call that implication racist, or prejudiced at the very least. If I may, I suggest you read a very popular play known as "Death and the King's Horseman," as it tackles this very issue. It portrays the British colonizers of a region in Nigeria as extremely sexist, but at the same time, portrays an equal amount of sexism from the Nigerians as well. It's intended to make you realize that, if you are willing to call something out in your own culture, you should be willing to call something out in another culture; otherwise, you think of them as lesser and that they simply don't know any better.

Even during the height of slavery in the United States, you could find anti-slavery works constantly being published by white people in the US, and many white people died fighting the institution of slavery. We have plenty of Muslim women immigrating to the US and advocating for reform of Arabic regions and the Islamic religion itself, but people like you brush them off and say "you shouldnt question their beliefs," because you have this weird notion in your head that they somehow don't have the ability to reason, or are somehow so lesser than us that they can't rise against horrible practices done by their government. 

An example I would like to make is Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Muslim woman who immigrated to the US and has been a vocal advocate for reforming the religion ever since. Brandeis University invited her to accept an honorary degree for her work on women's rights in the Muslim world, but guess what happened? People like you protested and said she didn't have a right to criticize Muslims or the Arabic world, and the University revoked her invitation. Even though vocal criticism of other religions, such as Christianity, and criticism of regions perpetuating harmful religious practices, such as England under Catholicism before the Reformation, have turned out for the better, you believe for some reason that these people are so weak and sensitive they should not be criticized in the same way we'd criticize our own people or practices. You, are part of the problem.

Edited by Grimz
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Grimz said:

If you pay taxes to a government that kills homosexuals, rarely prosecutes rape against women, and voids women of basic human rights, you are part of the problem. How is it equal that, in the United States, we will take a stand and say things like "white people who don't speak out against Nazis are part of the problem," but when other cultures commit similar atrocities, we turn a blind eye? You're calling me "racist," but you're basically saying that we shouldn't call out the same atrocities in other cultures that we'd call out in our own because they don't know any better. I would definitely call that implication racist, or prejudiced at the very least.

Even during the height of slavery in the United States, you could find anti-slavery works constantly being published by white people in the US, and many white people died fighting the institution of slavery. We have plenty of Muslim women immigrating to the US and advocating for reform of Arabic regions and the Islamic religion itself, but people like you brush them off and say "you shouldnt question their beliefs," because you have this weird notion in your head that they somehow don't have the ability to reason, or are somehow so lesser than us that they can't rise against horrible practices done by their government. 

An example I would like to make is Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Muslim woman who immigrated to the US and has been a vocal advocate for reforming the religion ever since. Brandeis University invited her to accept an honorary degree for her work on women's rights in the Muslim world, but guess what happened? People like you protested and said she didn't have a right to criticize Muslims or the Arabic world, and the University revoked her invitation. Even though vocal criticism of other religions, such as Christianity, and criticism of regions perpetuating harmful religious practices, such as England under Catholicism before the Reformation, have turned out for the better, you believe for some reason that these people are so weak and sensitive they should not be criticized in the same way we'd criticize our own people or practices. You, are part of the problem.

Idk if should agree or follow you.  You got a masters degree me thinks.  Like you're serious.  I've learned from this thank you.  (No sarcasm I'm seriously thankful for this insight)  

• Upvote 1

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

1 hour ago, Grimz said:

If you pay taxes to a government that kills homosexuals, rarely prosecutes rape against women, and voids women of basic human rights, you are part of the problem.

because we all have a say in whether we pay taxes or not. that's like saying if an american pays taxes they support trump

Guest Karl VII
1 hour ago, Grimz said:

If you pay taxes to a government that kills homosexuals, rarely prosecutes rape against women, and voids women of basic human rights, you are part of the problem. How is it equal that, in the United States, we will take a stand and say things like "white people who don't speak out against Nazis are part of the problem," but when other cultures commit similar atrocities, we turn a blind eye? You're calling me "racist," but you're basically saying that we shouldn't call out the same atrocities in other cultures that we'd call out in our own because they don't know any better. I would definitely call that implication racist, or prejudiced at the very least. If I may, I suggest you read a very popular play known as "Death and the King's Horseman," as it tackles this very issue. It portrays the British colonizers of a region in Nigeria as extremely sexist, but at the same time, portrays an equal amount of sexism from the Nigerians as well. It's intended to make you realize that, if you are willing to call something out in your own culture, you should be willing to call something out in another culture; otherwise, you think of them as lesser and that they simply don't know any better.Even during the height of slavery in the United States, you could find anti-slavery works constantly being published by white people in the US, and many white people died fighting the institution of slavery.

I never said that people should turn a blind eye to atrocities commited in other cultures or shouldn't call it out, but that is not what you were doing. What you were saying was: "these arab countries have sexist laws, so everyone in these countries is sexist, so we should ban all of the players from there" which is just plain stupidity and yeah, it is pretty racist. You are not looking at the individual person, you are just looking at which country the player is from and without even knowing him you judge the person based on that. Maybe the guy was part of the arab spring where young people risked their lives to try and change their countries? How would you know? But that is apparently not important for you, all that counts is his (or her) origin. And yeah in the US a lot of people stand up for what is right, but they don't have to fear that they could be thrown into jail, executed and/or tortured because of their support of women rights. Aaand yeah in the US white people died fighting against slavery in the civil war, but those people were soldiers not civilians. It was more like a war between two countries than some kind of revolution and comparing these two things makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, Grimz said:

We have plenty of Muslim women immigrating to the US and advocating for reform of Arabic regions and the Islamic religion itself, but people like you brush them off and say "you shouldnt question their beliefs," because you have this weird notion in your head that they somehow don't have the ability to reason, or are somehow so lesser than us that they can't rise against horrible practices done by their government. 

All of what you are saying here has literally nothing to do with my argument, i never said anything about "you shouldn't question their beliefs," or in any way implied that I was against muslim women speaking about changing islam? You are just creating a strawman to make my argument sound worse and then say I am part of the problem, which is pretty ironic, considering that behavior like yours (creating a strawman to twist my original argument into something completly different that i never said or implied) pretty much ruined political discussions in america, which is one of the biggest problems in Americas society today.

This is what i said:

1 hour ago, Karl VII said:

Here, educate yourself about how to properly argue:

Edited by Karl VII

27 minutes ago, Hope said:

because we all have a say in whether we pay taxes or not. that's like saying if an american pays taxes they support trump

Good job ignoring the vast majority of my argument. You've managed to perform logic chopping and present a false equivalence all in one sentence! If you'd bothered to read the rest of what I said, you would realize that people *do* have a say in what happens with their governments. And your bit about Trump is a hilariously false equivalence because you've misconstrued "government" with "person in government." Also, Trump does not throw gays off of buildings or tell women they can't drive. Food for thought. 

19 minutes ago, Karl VII said:

I never said that people should turn a blind eye to atrocities commited in other cultures or shouldn't call it out, but that is not what you were doing. What you were saying was: "these arab countries have sexist laws, so everyone in these countries is sexist, so we should ban all of the players from there" which is just plain stupidity and yeah, it is pretty racist. You are not looking at the individual person, you are just looking at which country the player is from and without even knowing him you judge the person based on that. Maybe the guy was part of the arab spring where young people risked their lives to try and change their countries? How would you know? But that is apparently not important for you, all that counts is his (or her) origin. And yeah in the US a lot of people stand up for what is right, but they don't have to fear that they could be thrown into jail, executed and/or tortured because of their support of women rights. Aaand yeah in the US white people died fighting against slavery in the civil war, but those people were soldiers not civilians. It was more like a war between two countries than some kind of revolution and comparing these two things makes no sense at all.

All of what you are saying here has literally nothing to do with my argument, i never said anything about "you shouldn't question their beliefs," or in any way implied that I was against muslim women speaking about changing islam? You are just creating a strawman to make my argument sounds worse and then say I am part of the problem, which is pretty ironic, considering that behavior like yours (creating a strawman to twist my original argument into something completly different that i never said or implied) pretty much ruined political discussions in america, which is one of the biggest problems in Americas society today.

If those people were not sexist, they would not continue living in a country run by a sexist government. It's as simple as that. And here you go again, implying that Arabs get some sort of free pass because they could be thrown in jail for standing up for what's right. Guess what happened when the British government tried to milk the US colonies dry without giving them much in return? A revolution that many laid down their lives for. Guess what happened to Martin Luther King for standing up for racial equality? Thrown in jail, murdered. Guess what happened to the many whites who were NOT trained soldiers, simply local militia, who decided they wanted to fight for what was right? Wounded. Killed. Guess what happened to people like John Brown, very religious people who wanted to see the end of slavery? Murdered by the government or tortured by slaveowners. Guess what happened to god damn Galileo for telling the church it was wrong about the Earth being the center of the universe? Arrested and outcast. And guess what happened to members of Antifa who showed up to protest against the Nazis in Charlottesville? One got hit by a car and murdered, others badly wounded. People in the US lay down their lives every single day for what they believe in, so the question is, why don't you apply the same expectations to other cultures? Because you believe they're less capable.

You are thinking of Arabs as these poor, helpless people who are simply incapable of taking a stand for themselves, and that is why I made all of those points. I did not strawman you; I challenged your very belief system because it is based on the notion that Arab people are somehow incapable of taking the same stands that we've seen all throughout history, that they get some sort of free pass for supporting sexism and outright murder. Strawmanning involves creating an argument the other person didn't make and then refuting that, but you see, you made every point I argued against indirectly. Your belief that the Arab people are incapable of challenging their government stems from the fact you believe they're weak or don't know any better, and I demonstrated why that believe system is very wrong. Once again, you are the problem.

Edited by Grimz

10 minutes ago, Grimz said:

Good job ignoring the vast majority of my argument. You've managed to perform logic chopping and present a false equivalence all in one sentence! If you'd bothered to read the rest of what I said, you would realize that people *do* have a say in what happens with their governments. And your bit about Trump is a hilariously false equivalence because you've misconstrued "government" with "person in government." Also, Trump does not throw gays off of buildings or tell women they can't drive. Food for thought. 

i mean, people really dont have much of a say in their governments. the government has never represented us, it has always represented the corrupt politician in charge, even more so in dictatorships and monarchy's in charge in the middle east. i mean, explain what a liberal could do to have a say in the goings on in saudi arabia or anywhere else for that matter. i think youre aware anybody who speaks out against islam as a religion is putting their life, and their family's life, at stake due to islamic extremism and violence

edit: i hope youre aware that moving isnt nearly as easy as you think. you know that whole migrant crisis going on, where many people are starving and dying during their travels? many dont want to take that risk. middle eastern countries that even are accepting migrants are accepting few. hell, the US is accepting less than 100k iirc. and if youre saying life isnt incredibly difficult for the millions that went to europe, youre ignorant

Edited by Hope

Just now, Hope said:

i mean, people really dont have much of a say in their governments. the government has never represented us, it has always represented the corrupt politician in charge, even more so in dictatorships and monarchy's in charge in the middle east. i mean, explain what a liberal could do to have a say in the goings on in saudi arabia or anywhere else for that matter. i think youre aware anybody who speaks out against islam as a religion is putting their life, and their family's life, at stake due to islamic extremism and violence

French Revolution. American Revolution. Haitian Revolution. Spain. Portugal. China under Mao Zedong's vision of Communism. I could go on. All throughout history people have taken a stand when things became too wrong. It is prejudiced to believe that Arab people are less capable of doing so, or are somehow not able to realize what their government is doing is wrong. As I mentioned in my original post, there are plenty of people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali who advocate for the reform of Islam and Arab governments, but are shut down from discussion by people in the US, because people here think things like "oh they cant change anything," "oh they're raised in that environment they dont know any better." Even though change through self sacrifice has happened all throughout history, for some reason people don't see it as possible when it comes to the Muslim world.

Guest Karl VII
29 minutes ago, Grimz said:

If those people were not sexist, they would not continue living in a country run by a sexist government. It's as simple as that. And here you go again, implying that Arabs get some sort of free pass because they could be thrown in jail for standing up for what's right. Guess what happened when the British government tried to milk the US colonies dry without giving them much in return? A revolution that many laid down their lives for. Guess what happened to Martin Luther King for standing up for racial equality? Thrown in jail, murdered. Guess what happened to the many whites who were NOT trained soldiers, simply local militia, who decided they wanted to fight for what was right? Wounded. Killed. Guess what happened to god damn Galileo for telling the church it was wrong about the Earth being the center of the universe? Arrested and outcast. You are thinking of Arabs as these poor, helpless people who are simply incapable of taking a stand for themselves, and that is why I made all of those points. I did not strawman you; I challenged your very belief system because it is based on the notion that Arab people are somehow incapable of taking the same stands that we've seen all throughout history, that they get some sort of free pass for supporting sexism and outright murder. 

"If those people were not sexist, they would not continue living in a country run by a sexist government" Yeah, why aren't they moving to Canada for example? Idk....

And you are creating a strawman again and I am not gonna just let that slip (again).

I never said that arabs are incapable of taking the same stands  that we've seen all throughout history, that they get some sort of free pass for supporting sexism and outright murder, nor did i imply any of that.

There are a lot of people in the middle east figthing against sexism, a lot of the younger population risked their lives trying to change their political system and society ("arab spring") and got supressed VIOLENTLY. I even said that in my argument, apparently you cannot discuss and read because I said what i am going to say here before. You are somehow pretending that there are no people in those arab countries risking their lives for what is right, but there are quite a lot of them and many have/had to pay a hefty price for that.You are just judging them all on their countries agenda that wasn't even decided by them in the first place. Also kinda ironic that you take Galileo as an example here, because Galileo actually backed down facing death because he wasn't willing to die for his discovery. Saying that everyone who isn't willing to put his life at major risk to fight injustice is a willing supporter of those injustices and should be held accountable for them is just major bullshit. Also your "all arab ban" would punish women from these countries too, punishing them for being supressed which is pretty !@#$ed up.

Btw I am not gonna reply to your bullshit again, I am not gonna keep on wasting my time discussing with someone like you on the internet.

Edited by Karl VII

1 minute ago, Grimz said:

French Revolution. American Revolution. Haitian Revolution. Spain. Portugal. China under Mao Zedong's vision of Communism. I could go on. All throughout history people have taken a stand when things became too wrong. It is prejudiced to believe that Arab people are less capable of doing so, or are somehow not able to realize what their government is doing is wrong. As I mentioned in my original post, there are plenty of people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali who advocate for the reform of Islam and Arab governments, but are shut down from discussion by people in the US, because people here think things like "oh they cant change anything," "oh they're raised in that environment they dont know any better." Even though change through self sacrifice has happened all throughout history, for some reason people don't see it as possible when it comes to the Muslim world.

They have taken a stand Arab Spring cough cough so this idea that they sit around on their ass all day is unfounded

A power struggle continued after the immediate response to the Arab Spring. While leadership changed and regimes were held accountable, power vacuums opened across the Arab world. Ultimately it came down to a contentious battle between a consolidation of power by religious elites and the growing support for democracy in many Muslim-majority states.The early hopes that these popular movements would end corruption, increase political participation, and bring about greater economic equity quickly collapsed in the wake of the counterrevolutionary moves of the deep state in Egypt, the regional and international interventions in Bahrain and Yemen, and the destructive civil wars in Syria and Libya.

One could also claim that the U.S.'s attempts at creating puppet states, and it's unwillingness to really take a hard stance against countries like Saudi Arabia is a reason that there hasn't been large social change, along with of course Islam and it's more extreme followers.

Change is definitely occurring, and it will be interesting to see what happens with the younger generation there.

BUT, to your point about Ayan. There are plenty of people who want to speak out against Islam, but are afraid for their lives because of the repercussions many face when doing so. Their biggest detractors are MUSLIMS who do not tolerate those who oftentimes speak out against their religion. The list is plentiful of those who have died speaking out against their former religion and it's Draconian beliefs. 

40 minutes ago, Karl VII said:

"If those people were not sexist, they would not continue living in a country run by a sexist government" Yeah, why aren't they moving to Canada for example? Idk....

And you are creating a strawman again and I am not gonna just let that slip (again).

I never said that arabs are incapable of taking the same stands that we've seen all throughout history, that they get some sort of free pass for supporting sexism and outright murder.

There are a lot of people in the middle east figthing against sexism, a lot of the younger population risked their lives trying to change their political system and society ("arab spring") and got supressed VIOLENTLY. I even said that in my argument, apparently it's not only that you can not properly discuss, you apparently can not read either because this is what i said before. You are somehow pretending that there are no people in those countries risking their lives for what is right and you are just judging them all on their countries agenda that wasn't even decided by them in the first place. Also kinda ironic that you take Galileo as an example here, because Galileo actually backed down facing death because he wasn't willing to die for his discovery. Saying that everyone who isn't willing to put his life at major risk to fight injustice is a willing supporter of those injustices and should be held accountable for them is just major bullshit. Btw I am not gonna reply to your bullshit again, I am not gonna keep on wasting my time discussing with someone like you on the internet.

You said that Arabs cannot be held responsible for the actions of their government. That is giving them a free pass. All throughout history, people have taken responsibility for the actions of their government and risen up against it. But here you are, saying that these people are very special and should not be held to the same standard that we've created for ourselves and other populations. You are correct about the events of the Arab Spring, but guess what happened at the end? People backed down. Kinda ironic that you take the Arab Spring as an example here, because the protesters who survived actually backed down facing death because they weren't willing to die to stop the atrocities of their government.

Sure, you can call not willing to die to fight injustice "bullshit," but the world would be a very different place if many more people believed what you do. Imagine if people like MLK believed that risking one's life or freedom for justice was "bullshit." Your belief is not the norm sorry to say. Also, funny how you whine about strawmanning, which I never did, yet you're spewing ad-hominem attacks at me throughout your response. So not only do you have a double standard for Arabs, but you also have a double standard for yourself. Good to know.

Also, I like how you see my latest argument, realize you can't refute it, and then edit your last post to say "I'm not gonna keep arguing with you" to make it look like that was your intention all along. If you don't want to admit you're prejudiced, that's fine. But just know that by constantly making excuses for people, you're only covering up the problem. You're not solving it.

Edited by Grimz

10 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

I sincerely hope that is not pointed at me. If you look at all of my posts, I accuse individual people of demonizing men based on certain quotes. For example, "Try using a brain not a Cock." 

I actually appreciate someone stating this. It's kind of rare to see these days. 

I'm only stating it is wrong because it would be very easy to attach a screenshot of examples and explain why you believe the screenshots are sexist, yet nobody in this thread has provided a single example. 

My post was aimed at many people, as I am unsure if you are in the Lord public chat, these sentiments have been echoed throughout yesterday.  

Honestly, when you remove the whole aim of my original post, it's nice to see just how toxic some of the PnW community is.  

It beggars belief, it really does.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kynlo said:

Honestly, when you remove the whole aim of my original post, it's nice to see just how toxic some of the PnW community is.  

Let me introduce you to the internet...

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Let me introduce you to the internet...

Just because "this is the internet" or "this happens all the time", does that make it bad to point out that it shouldn't be happening, or to try to highlight it when it does happen so a community may try to at least lessen the amount of times it happens?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Kynlo said:

Just because "this is the internet" or "this happens all the time", does that make it bad to point out that it shouldn't be happening, or to try to highlight it when it does happen so a community may try to at least lessen the amount of times it happens?

With this thread you made it happen more.

w3hUyFC.gif

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.