7/9/2017 - The Great Deflation!

Alex

I haven't bought credits in over a year because he refuses to fix the game and the problems surrounding it. He doesn't know how to admin a game and when all these other nation sims come out this year/next year he's going to lose his player base. Only reason he has it now is because Cyber is inactive and outdated and NS sucks. Hades is making a game, so is Yosodog. Along with Steps to War, Pixel Nations and Bibby's game this one will become irrelevant.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Holy hell Commerce got nerfed hard.

Not really. Ressource production got nerfed hard. Needing 4-5 more improvements to have max commerce is a joke vs the amount of improvements one now needs for proper ressource production and the amount of pollution that incurs. It means those of us reliant on commerce for income produce far less, but we also don't rely on production for income, so most o our income should be intact. Those on lower levels though, who now flat out produce less per slot...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, greeling said:

Was daily upkeep for commerce buildings decreased?

I'm guessing probably, considering my upkeep jumped up a smidge when I checked my revenue.

d0r0WcS.gif

3 hours ago, Alex said:

small drop in your incomes

Lol you cut my revenue in half, not small :P 

Love how everybody was wanting a heads up when it was announced on Facebook weeks ago 

Edited by Trajan

Roman Empire

1 hour ago, LeotheGreat said:

Lilac Veritas, Sketchy, Don Juan, Placentica, Azaghul, Roquentin, Oblige, WISD0MTREE

This is who he talked to, and to be fair to them Alex said they almost all said not to do it. Which begs the question why he did it.

12 minutes ago, Akiyama Mio said:

Not really. Ressource production got nerfed hard. Needing 4-5 more improvements to have max commerce is a joke vs the amount of improvements one now needs for proper ressource production and the amount of pollution that incurs. It means those of us reliant on commerce for income produce far less, but we also don't rely on production for income, so most o our income should be intact. Those on lower levels though, who now flat out produce less per slot...

As I said previously, this'll hurt newer nations and lower tiers more. It's easier to reorganise as a larger nation.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Don Juan said:

As I said previously, this'll hurt newer nations and lower tiers more. It's easier to reorganise as a larger nation.

You say that, but do you know how much time it took me to rearrange improvements in over 20 cities?

• Upvote 1

Ahh this is good. My high infra and minimal resource build is laughing all the way to the bank. Farming is next to useless now with the amount of slots needed, but wew lad. This is gr8 m8. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Fronin said:

a good way to increase prices is to remove cash costs for purchasing military units

How? Ships and soldiers aside, a unit's main cost stems from the resources it requires for it's production, not not from the unit's price itself.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

1 minute ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

How? Ships and soldiers aside, a unit's main cost stems from the resources it requires for it's production, not not from the unit's price itself.

Very much this. I made note my military only cost a couple million to build and half a million a day to maintain but to build that military if I didn't make any of the resources myself it would cost 12 million (at the then market prices) for just the resources.

• Upvote 1

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

6 minutes ago, Rache Olderen said:

Very much this. I made note my military only cost a couple million to build and half a million a day to maintain but to build that military if I didn't make any of the resources myself it would cost 12 million (at the then market prices) for just the resources.

Lel and this is why my build up of troops and paranoia paid off. 

Orbis belongs to the doomsday preppers.

Just now, Felkey said:

Because sheepy gets off on our salt

The more I stay in this game the more I am convinced that is the sole purpose of this game. Well played Sheepy, well played.

• Upvote 1

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

26 minutes ago, Shifty Stranger said:

Farming is next to useless now with the amount of slots needed, but wew lad. This is gr8 m8. 

How can that be the case though? Since demand for food is constant (more or less) if fewer people are selling food then prices will rise, making food far more profitable to produce, and thus drawing more people into food production.

Just now, Blackatron said:

How can that be the case though? Since demand for food is constant (more or less) if fewer people are selling food then prices will rise, making food far more profitable to produce, and thus drawing more people into food production.

The way I see it: 

>Too many slots
>not much food
>nuclear fallout next war
>need project

So because of this, I find it easier to make something else. I just bought 30 million worth of food. I'm going to clear the market and stockpile.

My current build is designed to militarized to max in 3 days and with max airforce. A nuclear stockpile of 25 and 15 da struggle nukes. Uranium enrichment in case of a prolonged conflict where I lose power, I still have a tradeable resource. That allows me to continue exporting. Extra free slots to use to build power plants to protect my nation from having power shut down.

It could be worse - it could have been a military mechanic 'update' :P

As it stands I don't think this is too bad - it changes setups a lot and perhaps changes how some people play which could always be interesting.

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

I said in the February update about inflation issues that would arise from it and Alex didn't listen to me then. So now, when the consequences come to stare him right in the face, he makes another (swear words are censored now, really?!!) "messed" up update. Like the gif says, some men just like to watch the world burn. Thank god for Steps To War. Alex, you've gone senile, just saying. :P

https://discord.gg/4V2Znzd

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/reverse-the-update.html

Edited by Torin Tbomb
I don't need one, stick it.

c3f8031bb7dcf8f7ca992a489bc5946fe1522456"When the enemy is loosing, does he cower? You bet your ass he does."

• Jax locked this topic