GC needs to be buffed.

Ryleh

So, air control halves the values of tanks, while ground control only decreased the value/number of planes by 33%?

GC should be increased to at least 50%, to make it on par with AC. 

• Upvote 1

I approve :lol: 

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Yes, but air superiority doesn't affect a soldier's strength.

(although the current system that allows planes to hit ground units but not vice versa seems quite silly, i dislike your reasoning for changing it).

Edited by Vlad m'lad

i thought max air was the dominant strategy, isn't that why many alliances have max air in peacetime?

As I was fighting wars with t$, the first thing they did to counter was regain air control... which makes sense.

If you control air, you basically control all other aspects of the fight besides missiles and nukes.

• Upvote 1

Each of us bears his own Hell - Virgil

What happened to not screwing with the war system?

Having max ground is still believed to be the dominant strategy, so most of the community thinks ground is fine as it is.

It's not the dominant strategy at all.

On several levels. 

Fighting wars with weird city counts are what happens when the other person does only planes and you have a large ground. It's really not fair or good for the game :P

i thought max air was the dominant strategy, isn't that why many alliances have max air in peacetime?

As I was fighting wars with t$, the first thing they did to counter was regain air control... which makes sense.

If you control air, you basically control all other aspects of the fight besides missiles and nukes.

People have max air in 'cause it's a cheaper and more effective defense than having lower levels of militarization in all categories.

Also, only t$ keeps max air in peacetime. The week leading up to the war wasn't really "peace".

trying to secure air control first != ground control and ground forces being useless

Air control is all t$ could do at the time.

It's not the dominant strategy at all.

On several levels. 

Fighting wars with weird city counts are what happens when the other person does only planes and you have a large ground. It's really not fair or good for the game :P

You know what rekts the only planes strategy?

Ground control.

You know how you can get ground control?

Not waiting for max plane nations to down-declare.

If an alliance with only planes gets blitzed at an irregular time (not update), they're &#33;@#&#036;ed.

[insert quote here]

People have max air in 'cause it's a cheaper and more effective defense than having lower levels of militarization in all categories.

Also, only t$ keeps max air in peacetime. The week leading up to the war wasn't really "peace".

trying to secure air control first != ground control and ground forces being useless

Air control is all t$ could do at the time.

You know what rekts the only planes strategy?

Ground control.

You know how you can get ground control?

Not waiting for max plane nations to down-declare.

If an alliance with only planes gets blitzed at an irregular time (not update), they're !@#$ed.

I don't think Ryleh was saying that ground control was necessarily uesless but he was instead trying to point to a possible imbalance. I think the fact that many alliances keep max planes is evidence that it is the predominant area of war that is focused on. It's flexibility, and in your case low cost, and a host of other reasons show air to be possibly the cornerstones of all wars present and future. 

Each of us bears his own Hell - Virgil

I don't think Ryleh was saying that ground control was necessarily uesless but he was instead trying to point to a possible imbalance. I think the fact that many alliances keep max planes is evidence that it is the predominant area of war that is focused on. It's flexibility, and in your case low cost, and a host of other reasons show air to be possibly the cornerstones of all wars present and future. 

I don't think I was saying that planes are not the cornerstone of all wars. That's precicely why ground control and ground units matter in the first place--they can kill planes!

Making ground control affect planes more doesn't fix the problem of planes being OP. To do that, you would need to allow nations to not have their entire army and navy bombed away in a day.

It's not a bad change,though. It kills the max planes strategy (which I think is kinda cool and stuff) and forces everyone to build their nations for war the same way. Is that more balanced? Sure.

Also, I guess it might allow for some wars to lead off with ground attacks (with the intent of securing air later, of course) since 6 MAPs is just enough for 2 attacks.

It's a shame Sheepy buffed/nerfed tanks so planes kill them better than tanks and soldiers...

[insert quote here]

Not it doesn't. Adjust your strategy, treat planes like a precious resource, don't overextend targets and this is less of a problem.

Air doesn't need to be nerfed, it should be the dominant unit to avoid turning the war system into a silly game of rock paper scissors.

Only adjustment it really needs is a score adjustment, which sheepy said was a good idea but the never followed through on it.

XLL3z4T.gif

Not it doesn't. Adjust your strategy, treat planes like a precious resource, don't overextend targets and this is less of a problem.

Air doesn't need to be nerfed, it should be the dominant unit to avoid turning the war system into a silly game of rock paper scissors.

Only adjustment it really needs is a score adjustment, which sheepy said was a good idea but the never followed through on it.

So soldiers, tanks and ships are all paper and planes are a rifle? :P

The problem is moreso that wars are decided too quickly since planes die really fast and there's no good recovery mechanism. (1/6 buy per day)

It's hard to come back from a losing war, even when your allies are beating your opponent's face in.

Also, a RPS system probably works in this game since you're limited on individual units, as opposed to your military as a whole.

I agree that keeping things the same is probably the best solution, however. The mechanics are pretty terribad, but we've been fine with them for over 2 years already and knowing Sheepy, he'll probably screw up more than he fixes anyways.

Edited by Them

[insert quote here]

First of all I think we should leave the war mechanics alone tbh there are enough changes and not even a single changed solve the solution rather increased it time to time. 

Now jets are not even an issue if your military planning is good. Like you are saying about 1/6 th buying per day thing build a PB project in that case also it never happened to me that all my planes are destroyed in 1 day like atmost it reached 800-900 starting with 1500 or so. Now we need to understand when all those things happens with planes i.e. all the jets are gone pretty soon, when you are a 10 city nation and you try to go for a 18 city nation in your blitz then this is bound to happen, Just because opposition using the plane strategy properly and destroying more units and your side is loosing more infra and units that doesn't make planes bad. Like planes have downside as well it takes most MAP for planes to reduce same amount of resistance ( with 12 MAP plane can reduce 36 resistance , ground reduce 40 resistance , ships reduce 42 resistance) I can't recall anyone complaining about this issue. Also ships destroys a lot more of infra than planes as well. 

So it is totally choice of military commander of an alliance how he/she will create a proper strategy , just because we came up with a perfect strategy and prevented 438 people to roll 68 guys that doesn't means war system is bad. 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

I like it as it is. Planes are OP and it works well. Ground is just one way to get at planes, but you sacrifice some ground. Honestly if people think t$ planes strategy is the best, they should all do it and see what happens.