Hello Orbis, a friendly message from Hippo of Mensa HQ

Buorhann

I'm sorry, but this is game, logging in at least once a day shouldn't be problem. If they only play it when you guys need them, then they are not real players. I'll just make statment here that any nation over 10 days activity is free raid target for anyone who can get them. If you need to call them to get on they might as well delete. It's not my responsibilty to keep your members active or to use Vacation Mode whick exists to cover prolonged inactivity. Regardless. We are reasonable people. I might contact you AFTER I hit them and then we can negotiate terms. I like Orfeas' idea, I'll look more into it. And yeah roll us, as if we have enough shit to get rolled, or def slots to fill. If anythign I feel at ease when my def sltos are filled, no suprises then.

Like I told you as I told others, your opinion on how we run our alliance does not matter to us.  This is our community, not yours.  There is no bargain here.  At all.  You touch any Mensa member, whether they're in applicant status or not, we'll return the favor.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I thought Mensa holds its members to an extremely high standard? Why don't you just kick your inactives if you're so worried about people raiding them?

We do, when they tell us they've quit.  Most times people take a break from the game to preserve their sanity, or until we request them to get on.

This isn't a time demanding game, nor is it a game that demands you log in every day.  It's very casual.  We have other stuff we're doing.  We hold our members to a high standard in regards to war, which is really the only exciting thing about this game...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Its much more yes but the "s" at the end of alliances implies its more then just Arrgh.

Yeah, there's more people/alliances than just Arrgh and Roz Wei asking to hit our inactives.  Looking through my PMs, there's members around 9 different alliances wanting to hit our inactives.

Like I said, while I appreciate them asking beforehand - we just never allowed it to happen.  This is a policy we've set.  DragonK, however, is a special case apparently.  He likes to declare, hit, then ask.  Even after I told him No, repeatedly.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Its always fun to read other people's justification for raiding members in your alliance.  Hey raiders, any alliance worth a damn will never give you permission to attack their members.

Pretty much. The attempts to justify these kinds of raids are almost as hilariously lame as that one time MoonMan tried.

Speaking of which, still accurate:

Granted, I've never been a fan of almost all cases of raiding in the first place. I still love war, however, so if you give me any decent reason to attack you, you can be sure as hell that I'm going to happily take advantage of it. ^_^

• Upvote 3
xzhPlEh.png?1

We do, when they tell us they've quit.  Most times people take a break from the game to preserve their sanity, or until we request them to get on.

This isn't a time demanding game, nor is it a game that demands you log in every day.  It's very casual.  We have other stuff we're doing.  We hold our members to a high standard in regards to war, which is really the only exciting thing about this game...

If you like a game it shouldn't be problem to log in once every day. BUt that's not case here, it's 10 or more days. That just shows how much they don't care. And talking about sanity. This game is utterly boring, has terrible admin, every time you get used to it it changes drastically, and RNG hates me on personal level. I raid people to keep my sanity, reached that point where I contempalte quitting it or just not logging in, but unfortunantley I can't afford to do either of those. So I'm gonna be doing the only thing that gives me happines in thsi game, and that is the thrill of war, excitment of loot, and pride in stast on leaderboard. I have to pay couple of hundred of milions a week to keep boostign my stast so be it, quite cheap actually.

tvPWtuA.gif

We don't have a reason to log in unless there's a war coming up. Most of the "inactives" (myself included) -- simply have no reason to log in for weeks at a time ingame.

Well now you do considering your alliance doesn't get taxes from you. That is, unless you don't care about your own alliance.

If you like a game it shouldn't be problem to log in once every day. BUt that's not case here, it's 10 or more days. That just shows how much they don't care. And talking about sanity. This game is utterly boring, has terrible admin, every time you get used to it it changes drastically, and RNG hates me on personal level. I raid people to keep my sanity, reached that point where I contempalte quitting it or just not logging in, but unfortunantley I can't afford to do either of those. So I'm gonna be doing the only thing that gives me happines in thsi game, and that is the thrill of war, excitment of loot, and pride in stast on leaderboard. I have to pay couple of hundred of milions a week to keep boostign my stast so be it, quite cheap actually.

The point remains that your opinion on how an alliance should be ran or how often a member should login is of very little consequence to Mensa, or indeed any other alliance. Raiding has its consequences, and you can't argue them away by trying to tell someone you're doing them a favor really. That shit doesn't fly.

• Upvote 4

gkt70Td.png

Well now you do considering your alliance doesn't get taxes from you. That is, unless you don't care about your own alliance.

Taxes aren't the end-all, be-all of this game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But it is in fact the primary way to grow an alliance's warchest and bank in order to offer loans and aid to your members.

Like it's really not that hard to avoid going grey.

My phone logs me in if i even open my browser for a different website. Im inactive as !@#$ but ive gotten 50k/day for who knows how long
  • Upvote 1

The point remains that your opinion on how an alliance should be ran or how often a member should login is of very little consequence to Mensa, or indeed any other alliance. Raiding has its consequences, and you can't argue them away by trying to tell someone you're doing them a favor really. That shit doesn't fly.

And their and your opinion on who I can and can't raid is of little consiquence to me. Amd yeah keeping their activity up is doing them a favour but that's just a sideeffect I give 0 shits about. Point is you're jsut mad cause I'm raidign your guy and there is nothing you can do about it :D

tvPWtuA.gif

And their and your opinion on who I can and can't raid is of little consiquence to me. Amd yeah keeping their activity up is doing them a favour but that's just a sideeffect I give 0 shits about. Point is you're jsut mad cause I'm raidign your guy and there is nothing you can do about it :D

Continue to poke the hornet's nest. You won't come out of this very happy, Why would you continue to raid their inactives if they say they're going to ruin you if you do?

This is hilarious to read.

Mensa do not want their inactives raided.

Others raid inactives.

Debating abut raiding inactives.

Definition of inactives.

People arguing with raiders about raiding inactives.

I enjoy watching the drool running down people's chins.

• Upvote 1

But it is in fact the primary way to grow an alliance's warchest and bank in order to offer loans and aid to your members.

Like it's really not that hard to avoid going grey.

As the leader of an alliance that charges 0 taxes you would be surprised at how easy it is to consistently give out 100 million dollar + loans.

This isn't just about Arrgh, although DragonK has seen fit to piss off Mensa.

Currently I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt due to respectful times both of our alliances had.  Even during peace talks, Mensa reps were often at the forefront of allowing Arrgh to get off with a white peace whenever they wanted it.  Never had an issue with Arrgh, until their Grand Admiral decided to make his actions here.

• Downvote 1

To be fair there are quite a number of Mensa inactives which you can trust will become active when you hit them which is why during the war I avoided certain people.

This is probably the most perceptive statement made about Mensa.

• Downvote 1

Very reasonable stance from you Mensa. I don't understand how being an applicant or inactive makes people think it will be ok to hit your aa. Let this announcement be a clarification for those who thought otherwise. 

• Upvote 2

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

Ughh why do I have to post here

DragonK if I manage to catch you when your slots open up I'll be glad to have a repeat of our little scuffle. I rather enjoyed destroying infra for free every 6 hours.

Edit: Nevermind, someone zero mil'd you and dropped you too far out my range. So sad ;_;

Edited by ArcKnox
  • Upvote 1

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

hmm tempting

Do it. Part of Aargh's appeal and why you've succeeded at times is your whole 'lovable scamp' vibe. With this dragon fella that's been replaced by a 'bloody annoying toddler' vibe instead. Except he's not a toddler and it's OK to smack him in the teeth.

Well I guess I owe an explanation, at least. Started new job recently and I needed a stress relif. That's what games are for. No better way to relvie stress than pwn some n00bs. Still Arrgh, as alliance based on raiding and plundering, I can't see how people can't understand that raiding is what we do, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. It's reason Arrgh exists and reason people join it. THey want to raid and have fun. I'm going at lengths here to limit freedom of these people to only raid your inactivesa and aplicants whic are no the noncontributing members that all good alliances try to get rid off. (eyeing you hades and your list of applicants). Other thing is I'm tired of bs in this game and way game has been going for past 6 months. I tired in every way to coexist with mensa, t$, tkr, BK and rest of TKR sphere. And what do I get out of it? Rolled for no reason. Well !@#$. Then I'm going to stop being curteous and nice. Taht DragonK is dead, you guys killed him and won the gmae, GG. Now there is just the basic raider I was when I joined this game left. And that's the reason I joined it. And that's the only remaining fun in this game I have. So no. Courteously !@#$ of.I am going to raid and there is nothig you can do to stop me, except for actually loging in and outbuying me. The moment I quit raidig is the moment I quit this game. And I'm not quitting, at least not yet. Still if you guys are willing to negotiate the temrs of my raid, you're free to do so. I might give you a cut or give you a alliance bank loot back, or maybe both. I'm not unresonable.

tvPWtuA.gif

Any reasonable AA wants to do 2 things with in-actives: keep theirs safe as long as possible in small hopes that those people will come back and start playing again, 7 days of not logging in doesn't necessary mean a person has given up playing, he/she might just be on holiday, not able to log in for other reasons or having busy schedule IRL for some time, coming back from such stuff to find nation totally rolled over will not keep them interested in playing. The other things that any reasonable AA will want to do with other in-actives is to allow their members to raid the ones that can be raided with 0 or minimal consequences either  to get new players exp in war or just profit and growth reasons. 

Mensa is doing the right thing by saying any raid on any Mensa members is valid CB. No point in AA if you can't protect your members.

• Upvote 1