[Suggestion] Organic Roleplay Section

Not helping.

I know, but the man's criticisms apply to him just as much as the people he's criticizing.

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

We're not multis. We've just known each other for a long time now and we RP national stuff together, using concepts we've fleshed out over the years. We like finding new places to interact with. Where one of us goes to do so, at least some of us follow. This is why after Schwieger and Sacred Lights appeared here, we were convinced to follow suit.

We're not here to disturb you guys, or troll you, or whatever else. We just like finding new sites to RP on, and the reason we're asking for a new subforum to show our stuff to you guys is because we've been at this for nearly a decade-- some of us longer than that-- and we're all too familiar with the sort of stuff we've seen here, and just how... non-conductive it can be. We genuinely believe what we have to offer can help make this site better in terms of storytelling, because from everything we've done, we know it improves RP skill. It certainly improved mine.

If you don't want to see this, that's perfectly fine. That's your right. But we don't really care about in-game stats and prefer to use common sense to tell stories. And personally I hate having to grow in-game numbers, I got sick of it after MySpace Nations, where I started. Sometimes our numbers get a bit ridiculous but if we feel someone in our group is doing something stupid we call them out on it and get them to tone things down. Anyway, my point is we're not really trying to force anything, this idea is meant for people that want to try out how we do things.

Look, I know we came in and got off on the wrong foot with you guys (well some of us did). But we're not bad guys at all, and we want to show you this, if you'll give us the chance. I'm in the middle of making a summit for the Kressnians to meet people, if you guys are interested.

Edited by Oncaro
  • Upvote 3

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.

Yeah exactly what the others have said, if I RP'd my NationStates nation in the RP; people would shoo me away cause I have like 20 billion people and regularly top their leader-boards. (top 100 in world for no tax once)

As has been said, I do use NationStates RP, however as has also been said, they create their own little cliques, I RPed in Equinox, 000 A World Power, Europeia, Greater Dienstand, etc. They all have their own world, and we use NationStates forums to play it (usually with CLOSED tag) You can RP your nation but the stats are irrelevant.

I have my nation in this game (Calondia), and I have a story, I want to RP that, I don't really care about in-game stats (I can use NatRP for that like I did Poland). I just agree with a more organic RP where the rules are less intimidating and posts are more productive.

I don't want to turn this RP into something new, I just agree with a new subforum for people who want to RP here in a different way.

Edited by Mayor
  • Upvote 3

Before this thread gets locked lol,

Don't squabble over #MAKENATRPGREATAGAIN or #Evillary, your ideas are good but maybe worded in a different way, I mean everything can improve but we need to take baby steps

It's alright clan multi I forgive you :P;)

• Upvote 2

Before this thread gets locked lol,

Don't squabble over #MAKENATRPGREATAGAIN or #Evillary, your ideas are good but maybe worded in a different way, I mean everything can improve but we need to take baby steps

It's alright clan multi I forgive you :P;)

I doubt it will be locked, since a Mod told us to make it.

Speaking of Moderation, and having Multiple accounts being a bannable offense, any Mod that wants to look into these accusations is welcomed to be added to our FB chat group.

Anyways, back on topic, for the skeptics of this approach to RP, a thread's in the works to showcase this approach to the forums. Stay tuned.

• Upvote 2

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

Okay, proposition:

If you're going to have a war, first get the other nation's consent. They don't have to join the war if they don't want to because this is NatRP not in game where they actually have to fight. But after you get their consent, send them a private message and give them lots of information about your nation RP and have them give you lots of their RP information. This will make it realistic.

Then, do what the Evenstar-Dutch Calendonian War did and agree on a set amount of troops in each city. You can set up a certain amount of outposts or forts or such. You can then agree to certain rules, like perhaps "Okay, if you have a shield around your cities, we can still break it but we lose twenty percent of our attacking force from your forces before we break the shield." You can also have turns or something. I suppose you could even just make the entire war a board game, and then slowly play out the events. (AtWar P&W NatRP map would be awesome). But the point is you should have some kind of set of rules in the beginning, and then you can use calculations, agreements, battle sim, etc.

I don't think a new Organic Roleplay Section would really get much attention--the other National Affairs subforums don't get much attention, and I don't think the case would be different. However, I think if you want Organic Roleplay, you can do that by yourself. And if you want to do it in a war, simply figuring out some sort of rules beforehand, so if you disagree on numbers or shields or whatever you can stop the war before you ruin your reputation--which I think you have already ruined your reputation as an RPer to several people--and if you do agree on numbers and shields or whatever, you can make it more fun yet still keeping it fair and realistic.

• Upvote 1

This is very small

going on what Meonesia said.

Wars are planned out exception if Evenstar DoW on France in-game and he can either RP it with me or just RP his victorious etc.... Going onto wars, the thing that makes RP great is taking losses as seen when the French literally retreated from Iberia back to Amsterdam. Whilst EVenstar disastrous plan invasion of Ireland was very hard with the Superior Navy whilst Caledonia could not beat the air superior Evenstar (Rock Paper Sisccors) 

and not everything has to be In-Game if your in it for the RP then thats fine, most of us I hope at least lol will also us even numbers ex. If I can have 150,000 troops I am not gonna make you only have 4,000. End of the day, your ideas as pointed before are nice ideas. But they are drastic changes and would require a lot more than most can do. We are all open to suggestions, but it isn't right for you to come 1 day, get angry over a post and then decided we do everything wrong. Not saying that is what you said, but that is what it can easily be interpreted too. 

sig.gif

Okay, proposition:

If you're going to have a war, first get the other nation's consent. They don't have to join the war if they don't want to because this is NatRP not in game where they actually have to fight. But after you get their consent, send them a private message and give them lots of information about your nation RP and have them give you lots of their RP information. This will make it realistic.

Then, do what the Evenstar-Dutch Calendonian War did and agree on a set amount of troops in each city. You can set up a certain amount of outposts or forts or such. You can then agree to certain rules, like perhaps "Okay, if you have a shield around your cities, we can still break it but we lose twenty percent of our attacking force from your forces before we break the shield." You can also have turns or something. I suppose you could even just make the entire war a board game, and then slowly play out the events. (AtWar P&W NatRP map would be awesome). But the point is you should have some kind of set of rules in the beginning, and then you can use calculations, agreements, battle sim, etc.

I don't think a new Organic Roleplay Section would really get much attention--the other National Affairs subforums don't get much attention, and I don't think the case would be different. However, I think if you want Organic Roleplay, you can do that by yourself. And if you want to do it in a war, simply figuring out some sort of rules beforehand, so if you disagree on numbers or shields or whatever you can stop the war before you ruin your reputation--which I think you have already ruined your reputation as an RPer to several people--and if you do agree on numbers and shields or whatever, you can make it more fun yet still keeping it fair and realistic.

Most of this either misses the point of the proposition entirely or suggests a continuation of the status quo. Removing rules completely is not what was suggested here - what was suggested was fine-tuning RP to more accurately reflect the way nations would react IC. If I may be so bold, to use the Tonina as an example, their actions were completely consistent with their IC culture - even up to the point where they responded with considerable force to the Britannians. With the current setup, it becomes exceedingly difficult to accurately RP with them and to maintain IC consistency. Even currently the Toninan RPer is still working out ways around the fact that IC, all that has happened would have led to a war (and they indeed are poised to begin such a war), but OOC restrictions are preventing it, effectively freezing his RP in stasis.

The rest is rather implied. For me personally, if anyone has looked at my weebly (linked in my signature under "factbook") it is pretty clear the numbers and techbase that the nation uses. I wouldn't really agree to predetermined numbers for set battles and engagements anymore than the Toninan RPer wishes for OOC to dictate IC policy. I've already fleshed out the weapon systems and fleet counts and ground rosters for the VRZ (navy) and ZJR (army), and they would, logically with IC considerations taken into account, be deployed where they need to be.

going on what Meonesia said.

Wars are planned out exception if Evenstar DoW on France in-game and he can either RP it with me or just RP his victorious etc.... Going onto wars, the thing that makes RP great is taking losses as seen when the French literally retreated from Iberia back to Amsterdam. Whilst EVenstar disastrous plan invasion of Ireland was very hard with the Superior Navy whilst Caledonia could not beat the air superior Evenstar (Rock Paper Sisccors) 

and not everything has to be In-Game if your in it for the RP then thats fine, most of us I hope at least lol will also us even numbers ex. If I can have 150,000 troops I am not gonna make you only have 4,000. End of the day, your ideas as pointed before are nice ideas. But they are drastic changes and would require a lot more than most can do. We are all open to suggestions, but it isn't right for you to come 1 day, get angry over a post and then decided we do everything wrong. Not saying that is what you said, but that is what it can easily be interpreted too. 

Some of this is addressed above. However, as has been stated before IC RPside nation â‰  Gameside nation. I could likely go on at great lengths about wars in which there was no prior planning and battles took their natural course; the Battle of New Skardu between Nalydya and Serdaristan saw some ten thousand Pordish warships face off against a similarly sized foe - they ended up victorious courtesy the large size of the battlewagons and rather ingenious useage of FTLi and rift cruisers. On another occasion twenty thousand HSF warships (the predecessor to the current navy, the VRZ) were destroyed in the orbitals of Earth before an allied force arrived to push out the opposition. A different engagement saw the Jewel of the Pacific (floating city) destroyed by elements of a faction called the JSOC, killing millions of Pords aboard; The First Battle of Tale (largely fought in response to the Jewel's loss) pitted High Hunter Cholkük and some ten thousand superkapital ships against a force nearly forty their number and they pulled out ahead. None of this was scripted or agreed upon beforehand - it was all organic and decided right then and there based on IC considerations.

But of course you are very likely correct - it may well be beyond the capability of many here. I know I've spent weeks at a time researching various topics for technologies and discussing tactics and strategies at length over voice chat and Facebook; for how extensive the current weebly is, it is no where near full nor holds all of the smaller details about things - and, amusingly enough, isn't the only one. I tend to remake my weebly every few years to give them a fresh look and to ease the transition of new information. This current one has been around since mid-2012.

As has been stated above, we are not here to impose a new set of rules on the entire forums. What we are suggesting is the addition of a new subforums for people who desire to engage in this sort of roleplay and for those people who might like to experiment with it. These changes are perhaps drastic (at least compared to the current state of affairs) however with the addition of such a subforums it would be much easier to ease people into it. I will have to disagree with Meonesia on this point - there are plenty of people who would use such a subforums; there are perhaps a dozen right now as we speak, and this number will only grow in the future.

Edited by Schwieger
  • Upvote 4
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

Most of this either misses the point of the proposition entirely or suggests a continuation of the status quo. Removing rules completely is not what was suggested here - what was suggested was fine-tuning RP to more accurately reflect the way nations would react IC. If I may be so bold, to use the Tonina as an example, their actions were completely consistent with their IC culture - even up to the point where they responded with considerable force to the Britannians. With the current setup, it becomes exceedingly difficult to accurately RP with them and to maintain IC consistency. Even currently the Toninan RPer is still working out ways around the fact that IC, all that has happened would have led to a war (and they indeed are poised to begin such a war), but OOC restrictions are preventing it, effectively freezing his RP in stasis.

The rest is rather implied. For me personally, if anyone has looked at my weebly (linked in my signature under "factbook") it is pretty clear the numbers and techbase that the nation uses. I wouldn't really agree to predetermined numbers for set battles and engagements anymore than the Toninan RPer wishes for OOC to dictate IC policy. I've already fleshed out the weapon systems and fleet counts and ground rosters for the VRZ (navy) and ZJR (army), and they would, logically with IC considerations taken into account, be deployed where they need to be.

Some of this is addressed above. However, as has been stated before IC RPside nation â‰  Gameside nation. I could likely go on at great lengths about wars in which there was no prior planning and battles took their natural course; the Battle of New Skardu between Nalydya and Serdaristan saw some ten thousand Pordish warships face off against a similarly sized foe - they ended up victorious courtesy the large size of the battlewagons and rather ingenious useage of FTLi and rift cruisers. On another occasion twenty thousand HSF warships (the predecessor to the current navy, the VRZ) were destroyed in the orbitals of Earth before an allied force arrived to push out the opposition. A different engagement saw the Jewel of the Pacific (floating city) destroyed by elements of a faction called the JSOC, killing millions of Pords aboard; The First Battle of Tale (largely fought in response to the Jewel's loss) pitted High Hunter Cholkük and some ten thousand superkapital ships against a force nearly forty their number and they pulled out ahead. None of this was scripted or agreed upon beforehand - it was all organic and decided right then and there based on IC considerations.

But of course you are very likely correct - it may well be beyond the capability of many here. I know I've spent weeks at a time researching various topics for technologies and discussing tactics and strategies at length over voice chat and Facebook; for how extensive the current weebly is, it is no where near full nor holds all of the smaller details about things - and, amusingly enough, isn't the only one. I tend to remake my weebly every few years to give them a fresh look and to ease the transition of new information. This current one has been around since mid-2012.

As has been stated above, we are not here to impose a new set of rules on the entire forums. What we are suggesting is the addition of a new subforums for people who desire to engage in this sort of roleplay and for those people who might like to experiment with it. These changes are perhaps drastic (at least compared to the current state of affairs) however with the addition of such a subforums it would be much easier to ease people into it. I will have to disagree with Meonesia on this point - there are plenty of people who would use such a subforums; there are perhaps a dozen right now as we speak, and this number will only grow in the future.

I am supporting a continuation of the status quo... until you showed up it worked fine, so you find a way for it to work with yourself as well.

If you don't want to use preset numbers than by all means don't... it's really your choice.

Also, you said that In-game is not the same as IC roleplay. You can make that somewhat true if you want to, but again it's really the RPers choice on whether they want to have their roleplay match their game. I will say that most of my RP is based off my in game nation, though not all of it. If you want to know about roleplay really welly modelling their in game nation and vise versa, talk to Thalmor.

And yes, you may disagree with me. And there are people who look at the subforums. However I don't think you need an entirely new subforums; rather, set the rules for your own roleplay. You don't need a new subforum just to have "organic" roleplay... just work it out among yourselves.

Plus, I honestly don't think the moderators are going to spend time creating and moderating an entire new subforum. They could... I don't really know if they actually would though.

Edited by Meonesian Government

This is very small

I am supporting a continuation of the status quo... until you showed up it worked fine, so you find a way for it to work with yourself as well.

If you don't want to use preset numbers than by all means don't... it's really your choice.

Also, you said that In-game is not the same as IC roleplay. You can make that somewhat true if you want to, but again it's really the RPers choice on whether they want to have their roleplay match their game. I will say that most of my RP is based off my in game nation, though not all of it. If you want to know about roleplay really welly modelling their in game nation and vise versa, talk to Thalmor.

And yes, you may disagree with me. And there are people who look at the subforums. However I don't think you need an entirely new subforums; rather, set the rules for your own roleplay. You don't need a new subforum just to have "organic" roleplay... just work it out among yourselves.

Plus, I honestly don't think the moderators are going to spend time creating and moderating an entire new subforum. They could... I don't really know if they actually would though.

To be fair, this kind of system would not likely take up much of the Moderators time, as it lends itself to a certain degree of community self moderation.

Unless OOC harassment, or other non-RP rules are broken, it won't require Mods being invovled.

As for just using it as a Thread's House-Rules, so to speak, as if "by joining this thread you're agreeing to Organic RP", that is a likely turn of events for future threads.

• Upvote 2

I mean, I don't see the problem with setting up a new subforum which would not be considered "canon" or "official" in the regular NatRP forums but I do see a few problems with this suggestion.

Obviously, activity is one. NatRP barely has any members inside. creating a new subforum for this has a high chance of failing and not being used besides the ones who support it. Which is about 4 players(is it more? Not sure,) Also, there will be the same whining as before we set up NatRP rules. The reason we have the "You have to have consent to war someone that isn't in-game" rule is due to the constant reports we received and complaints. 

Even if you make an application form that states that doesn't apply to those subforums will not stop our report center being bombarded with reports. Nobody likes to wake up one day and find out someone RPed they destroyed your nation overnight, and etc. There has to be at least some form of consent before doing something, or at the very minimum, restrictions in place to ensure nobody destroys or takes land from someone that isn't realistic. 

One thing I do agree is the "You can't create new tech overnight." rule. I have seen a few RP posts where one goes from a barely modern tech level to space tech in one day, which isn't realistic in any form, and if i could get majority vote to add that to the official NatRP rules, i would. 

Apologize for bad grammar, I lost my glasses and its hard to read what i'm typing. 

• Upvote 3
tumblr_nrkmfbUz9q1uomx7lo1_400.gif
Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

I mean, I don't see the problem with setting up a new subforum which would not be considered "canon" or "official" in the regular NatRP forums but I do see a few problems with this suggestion.

Obviously, activity is one. NatRP barely has any members inside. creating a new subforum for this has a high chance of failing and not being used besides the ones who support it. Which is about 4 players(is it more? Not sure,) Also, there will be the same whining as before we set up NatRP rules. The reason we have the "You have to have consent to war someone that isn't in-game" rule is due to the constant reports we received and complaints. 

Even if you make an application form that states that doesn't apply to those subforums will not stop our report center being bombarded with reports. Nobody likes to wake up one day and find out someone RPed they destroyed your nation overnight, and etc. There has to be at least some form of consent before doing something, or at the very minimum, restrictions in place to ensure nobody destroys or takes land from someone that isn't realistic. 

One thing I do agree is the "You can't create new tech overnight." rule. I have seen a few RP posts where one goes from a barely modern tech level to space tech in one day, which isn't realistic in any form, and if i could get majority vote to add that to the official NatRP rules, i would. 

Apologize for bad grammar, I lost my glasses and its hard to read what i'm typing. 

Completely understandable, but also taken into consideration with the ruleset. Obviously people should not be posting about conquering another's nation overnight and attempting to enforce these claims; such things go against the spirit of Organic RP (no realistic progression and it's a major breach in etiquette). Not necessarily requiring consent does not actually equate to "I take over your land and kill all your manz..." Quite the opposite, in fact. It implies that the individuals are open to and eager to participate in unscripted national roleplay. At the end of the day the point of roleplay is to have a back and forth and when that does not happen, well, RP falls apart. Naturally, I would be surprised if anyone behaving in such a manner is even following the Organic RP ruleset to begin with. Someone coming into an Organic RP subsection and posting about conquering someone's nation (without actually RPing out a conflict with that individual) will be just as much in the wrong as someone doing that very same thing in the main NatRP section. The ruleset just doesn't allow for it.

Edited by Schwieger
  • Upvote 4
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

I like the idea of adding a Thread house Rules, to make sure no one backs out and messes up the entire RP; that would be terrible and be cause to just stop RP altogether.

Although there is not many people to use new subforum, less clutter would also be great I think, but so long as one option where a nation participating cannot be immune from war would be great, it provides risk and makes things interesting and suspenseful. You never know whats going to happen.

• Upvote 3

Hey new guys. 

I'm Four - Moderator for PW Forums and these guys can tell you that I put a lot of my energy here into this specific sub-forum of Nat RP. In fact, a few months back Nat RP was even more disconnected and in even worse disarray than it is today. I won't lie, there is a lot that needs to change to make the Nat RP community better - we have lost some great RP'ers. Even with rules and even with direction, there is always going to be a disconnect especially when one group is used to RP'ing a certain way and then change over to a new RP community - like you new guys have.

Lucky for you, I like change.

The problem with change is it can't be implemented over night. This is obvious. I would prefer to make small changes towards the progression of the "big picture" in order to keep everyone on the same page. Another key thing to remember is that this specific RP is within the realm of the Nations we own in this game. So, there is a specific line we cannot cross. (which brings into question the call for the new RP community not associated with in-game nations...). 

My suggestions right off the bat would be to change the forums a bit.

If I'm understanding correctly, you guys would want an IC RP forum and then an OOC RP forum that would allow OOC discussions to be had in regards to the IC RP going on?

In addition:

1. Crack down on god modding, sometimes it gets out of hand. 
  2. Crack down on "over night" technology/advancements. 
  3. Enforcing the rules of the forum harder to encourage quality RP. 

Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Hey new guys. 

I'm Four - Moderator for PW Forums and these guys can tell you that I put a lot of my energy here into this specific sub-forum of Nat RP. In fact, a few months back Nat RP was even more disconnected and in even worse disarray than it is today. I won't lie, there is a lot that needs to change to make the Nat RP community better - we have lost some great RP'ers. Even with rules and even with direction, there is always going to be a disconnect especially when one group is used to RP'ing a certain way and then change over to a new RP community - like you new guys have.

Lucky for you, I like change.

The problem with change is it can't be implemented over night. This is obvious. I would prefer to make small changes towards the progression of the "big picture" in order to keep everyone on the same page. Another key thing to remember is that this specific RP is within the realm of the Nations we own in this game. So, there is a specific line we cannot cross. (which brings into question the call for the new RP community not associated with in-game nations...). 

My suggestions right off the bat would be to change the forums a bit.

If I'm understanding correctly, you guys would want an IC RP forum and then an OOC RP forum that would allow OOC discussions to be had in regards to the IC RP going on?

In addition:

1. Crack down on god modding, sometimes it gets out of hand. 
  2. Crack down on "over night" technology/advancements. 
  3. Enforcing the rules of the forum harder to encourage quality RP. 

Thoughts?

Not exactly what we mean. When it comes to the OOC threads that would accompany IC ones, that is less a locational thing, and more of just removing clutter. It can be all in the same subsection. More of, we're asking for a subsection where IC development is the emphasis.

You are very much correct on change being slow, which is why there will be an alternate timeline RP comming up where the Pords(Schwieger) and the Mri will be invading Toninan Mexico. The thread will progress in the Organic Format and showcase it.

This thread here's all well and good, but we should show you guys what we mean as well.

_

As for the suggestions:

1) Critical for any RP forum to thrive.

2) Critical for IC progression, and thus for the RP to increase in quality.

3) Depends on the rules, I think... I mean, we lost San Florence for not having his in game nation.. And the "only War with consent" rule has my nation in a weird spot IC...

I think I'm really going to have to resort to this realm having some anomaly where hostile attempts get stuck in a timeloop at random. Thus IC still being at a state of war, so to speak, but not able to attack Britannia because of these timeloop anomalies..

Some of the forum rules are kinda counter productive as far as RPing goes. They might have the mods get fewer complaints, but honestly, the RP community won't be able to grow properly with too much coddling. This is in my experience anyways. A system where actions have no consequences hinders RP. The struggle is how one learns.

It's when the pressure is on that people tend to have the chance to step up on a level not seen before. *My 2 Cents*

Edited by The Sacred Lights
  • Upvote 2

-snip-

I understand where you're coming from, so there is absolutely no reason to continue to repeat yourself. 

Moderation and Rules will always remain - so you can wipe that one off your plate. I am one of the most lenient moderators, especially for RP. I personally look over this forum on my own to ensure it continues to engage the RP Community. 

You are free to continue to post your massive posts with the same information just rearranged, but what it boils down to is this is how the RP of this community is run. Sure, it could be different where you are from - but this is how we do things. We get a long, fun is had, and it is an enjoyable place to be...we aren't going to change simply because you're saying your way is better. Sorry.

As far as the changes, we will discuss them with the community like we do - and we will implement those changes together. 

Thank You.

• Upvote 1

I understand where you're coming from, so there is absolutely no reason to continue to repeat yourself. 

Moderation and Rules will always remain - so you can wipe that one off your plate. I am one of the most lenient moderators, especially for RP. I personally look over this forum on my own to ensure it continues to engage the RP Community. 

You are free to continue to post your massive posts with the same information just rearranged, but what it boils down to is this is how the RP of this community is run. Sure, it could be different where you are from - but this is how we do things. We get a long, fun is had, and it is an enjoyable place to be...we aren't going to change simply because you're saying your way is better. Sorry.

As far as the changes, we will discuss them with the community like we do - and we will implement those changes together. 

Thank You.

Apologies, I was merely attempting to address your points and clear up any confusion.

Thank You.

I do think the thread house rules is something that should be seriously considered. In NS the person who creates the thread (the RP) usually creates the rules and I think it is a great way to limit the kind of players who are more casual from a more serious RP. Just my 2 cents.

Having huge threads and then "Great Read" by someone else after kind of ruins immersion a bit (even though they were awesome to read and enjoy the post :) ), if I think and RP is great I will personal message that person to say how great it was.

I mean in House Rules, you could say no replies beside people who are going to participate in the drama, organic RP where by participating you agree to not complain to mods unless you have a good reason, and not going to war if some player was aggressive in their RP and insinuated as much (war) they should not be allowed to just back out and should be avoided.

You could also put themes like WWII RP, don't post unless you want to RP as WWII nation, etc etc. I think this could be really good.

Edited by Mayor

I do think the thread house rules is something that should be seriously considered. In NS the person who creates the thread (the RP) usually creates the rules and I think it is a great way to limit the kind of players who are more casual from a more serious RP. Just my 2 cents.

Having huge threads and then "Great Read" by someone else after kind of ruins immersion a bit (even though they were awesome to read and enjoy the post :) ), if I think and RP is great I will personal message that person to say how great it was.

I mean in House Rules, you could say no replies beside people who are going to participate in the drama, organic RP where by participating you agree to not complain to mods unless you have a good reason, and not going to war if some player was aggressive in their RP and insinuated as much (war) they should not be allowed to just back out and should be avoided.

You could also put themes like WWII RP, don't post unless you want to RP as WWII nation, etc etc. I think this could be really good.

Don't get me wrong - rules need to be edited, but the way Alex set up this forum is to be strict towards in-game nations and roleplaying within those means. If a new subforum for "out of game" RP could be created a new set of rules would obviously be needed/used.

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong - rules need to be edited, but the way Alex set up this forum is to be strict towards in-game nations and roleplaying within those means. If a new subforum for "out of game" RP could be created a new set of rules would obviously be needed/used.

What about changing the unpopular In-Depth Roleplay to "Free-Role Play", where people can RP anything not strictly tied to their nation?

People may say "Go back to NS" But I have friends here and would like to RP with them here as well, I have put many hours of my life to developing friendships in this game, where I have neglected NS, and mostly just sign in so my nation don't delete.

I do get what your saying, there needs to be rules and I agree with that, but in Free RP people could create their own basic RP rules, but some overarching rules like "No insults", No spam, no trolling etc, but allow people to create their own RP and gauge interest in it.

Anyways obviously if the idea isn't popular the status quo is preferable but we already have one unused subforum, which in my opinion could just be replaced with "Free/Organic RP" since there are huge posts in Nat RP anyways and it is imho redundant. In the Free RP people could still post their factbooks, news anyways so they don't get lost in clutter.

Thoughts on replacing old subforum?

What about changing the unpopular In-Depth Roleplay to "Free-Role Play", where people can RP anything not strictly tied to their nation?

People may say "Go back to NS" But I have friends here and would like to RP with them here as well, I have put many hours of my life to developing friendships in this game, where I have neglected NS, and mostly just sign in so my nation don't delete.

I do get what your saying, there needs to be rules and I agree with that, but in Free RP people could create their own basic RP rules, but some overarching rules like "No insults", No spam, no trolling etc, but allow people to create their own RP and gauge interest in it.

Anyways obviously if the idea isn't popular the status quo is preferable but we already have one unused subforum, which in my opinion could just be replaced with "Free/Organic RP" since there are huge posts in Nat RP anyways and it is imho redundant. In the Free RP people could still post their factbooks, news anyways so they don't get lost in clutter.

Thoughts on replacing old subforum?

I don't think that would really fly with the majority of the rrp community or alex...I sent you a message indicating a new forum for RP that would allow for OOC postings...a new world per se.

• Upvote 1

Im fine with cracking down on the overnight tech and such, im just not fine with a brand new system that will force me to balance the rp, rl life, and the duties of the alliance in-game. Being able to communicate and be friendly with one another is a key to the community. In fact most of this IC stuff the new guys are talking about actually does happen over on Discord. Since my IC character has been talking so much with other national leaders it plays an important role in what your next plan is. Its the 1 on 1 time that I love about this rp.

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Im fine with cracking down on the overnight tech and such, im just not fine with a brand new system that will force me to balance the rp, rl life, and the duties of the alliance in-game. Being able to communicate and be friendly with one another is a key to the community. In fact most of this IC stuff the new guys are talking about actually does happen over on Discord. Since my IC character has been talking so much with other national leaders it plays an important role in what your next plan is. Its the 1 on 1 time that I love about this rp.

So that's how you guys do it? Interesting. I personally am no stranger to doing RPs in chats-- I RP on Skype all the time-- but doing stuff in a chat and having it count as canonical in the forums (or at least I assume they'd be canonical) doesn't really do much to get the forums active with such activity itself, which I suppose at least partially explains why things look so dead to us.

How do I know this? I've been RPing on Gaia (shaddup) since like 2011. They hosted Meebo chats for years and I and my friends on that site would often do non-canon interactions there in addition to canonical stuff in RP guilds. Then around 2013-ish Gaia axed the Meebo support, and me and a few friends migrated over to Skype and did RPs there. The result? The guilds we were in withered and died because we weren't using them to do the actual RPing, and even now I still struggle to do stuff on Gaia itself. I (and my buddies here) actually want to stimulate the RP in the forums, hence why we have character interactions done here.

Edited by Oncaro
  • Upvote 2

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.