8/23/2016 - Multiple Nations on Same Network Policy Update

Alex

Ah, well yes I will be creating additional mechanisms for tracking users, specifically users sharing same networks, but also additional mechanisms to track nations that may be controlled by the same user regardless of network.

It's actually pretty sad, the amount of information you can track (web developer myself). Even whether or not you have 'Do Not Track' enabled, can be used (along with other bits of information) to create a unique fingerprint that can track you.

Too bad there isn't much in the way of typing in the game, otherwise you could do interesting things with profiling based on how someone types.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

I understand your concerns, but it is incredibly easy to run a proxy connection anymore. Most players have access to a smartphone, which generally uses a cellular connection separate from their home network, and there are a plethora of browser add-ons that can be used as VPNs to hide your IP address. Any decently tech savvy person can already have multiple nations that are very difficult to detect, and really, all we were doing with the 2 nation restriction was driving out real, would be players in places like Colleges, workplaces, and family homes. The increased restrictions on nations on the same network will minimize any "oh this is just my brother's nation" type cheating.

Fair points.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

• Wiki Mod

Yes, this is a mechanical restriction.

Which brings me back to my other question on this. Do you plan on actually fixing the average price calculation now?

• Upvote 3

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• 1 month later...

Its a shame that even though I have one account and one nation whereas my brother whether you choose too believe this or not had one account and one nation same as me yet he gets banned? We dont interact with each other what so ever yet he was still banned! Dont get me wrong I understand people sometimes have more than one account and yet they are the same person but in this case thats not it at all. I shouldnt have a strike for something I didnt do and my brother as well. Seems unfair but its your game so you probably dont care. Either way Id really like too know why he was banned.

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

• Administrators

Its a shame that even though I have one account and one nation whereas my brother whether you choose too believe this or not had one account and one nation same as me yet he gets banned? We dont interact with each other what so ever yet he was still banned! Dont get me wrong I understand people sometimes have more than one account and yet they are the same person but in this case thats not it at all. I shouldnt have a strike for something I didnt do and my brother as well. Seems unfair but its your game so you probably dont care. Either way Id really like too know why he was banned.

I judged that the two nations were run by the same player, based on the fact that the e-mail addresses used for each account were along the lines of [email protected] and [email protected]

Pretty cut and dry case for me. Be thankful that I allowed you to keep one nation instead of banning them both, like the rules would have me do.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I judged that the two nations were run by the same player, based on the fact that the e-mail addresses used for each account were along the lines of [email protected] and [email protected]

Pretty cut and dry case for me. Be thankful that I allowed you to keep one nation instead of banning them both, like the rules would have me do.

I understand that the emails were very similar but thats the only proof you had. And checking back at the rules which is stated to be only a strike the first time and a ban the second time. Although you could go against these rules easily. But I didnt violate anything besides the factor of you thinking im the same person which is false. Take into consideration that my brother copys me and I think its a big bogus move too have a nation on strike for such an action when nothing was wrong besides like I stated the only thing you have against my account is you thinking the emails lead too the same person. Keep in mind anyone can do this. Either way I respect that youre the creator and its your rules but they may need too be stated clearer. I just wish my brother could stop annoying me about it and be able too play again. Ohh well my words probably mean little too you. Thanks anyways Edited by Crispy General

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

• 3 weeks later...

If u were going to make a multi nobody would be stupid enough to use almost the exact same email.

That is why i think Crispy is correct.

Unfortunately its not enough to go by to pass as a family member. Also you may already know this but I think I might not return to P&W. I want to but I honestly dont think the mods and Alex will let me. Whether its for my one offense or them just not liking me is uncertain. Either way if this is the case goodbye and its been fun for such a short amount of time. I believe 110 days or so. Im just glad I could spend it in the best alliance in P&W. Goodluck to everyone! Edited by Crispy General

No u will not leave

Nvm it was my network that was banned. Im back in the game.

• Jax locked this topic