1/21/2016 - New National Projects!

Alex

• Administrators

Good news everyone!

Two new national projects are now available for purchase on Orbis. I present to you: The Propaganda Bureau, and the Uranium Enrichment Program.

Descriptions are available on the Projects page, of course, but here's what they do in a nut shell:

Propaganda Bureau

• Increases your daily production of soldiers, tanks, aircraft, and ships by 10%
  • Does not affect maximum caps at all, only daily builds, so it shortens the time it would take to fully build to your cap
  • Does not affect Missiles, Nukes, or Spies
  • Uses conventional rounding, so if you have 4 drydocks, (4 * 1.1 = 4.4 -- this rounds down) you can still only build 4 ships per day. At 5 drydocks, however, you'll be able to build 6 ships per day (5 * 1.1 = 5.5 -- this rounds up)

Uranium Enrichment Program

• This is pretty much in-line with the other resource production National Projects that exist
  • Doubles your uranium production

---

Why were these projects added?

Great question! Well, more projects increases the content for bigger nations, but it also increases the ability for nations to specialize, and make important choices that differentiate play-styles, and provide more opportunities for strategery.

Aren't these projects like super over-powered???!!!!11

The short answer is - no. They've been tested on the test server, and a lot of thought has gone into the mechanics behind each project, and how they will impact gameplay.

Oh no! The uranium market price is just going to dive!

It might decrease over time -- which is okay, but not everyone is going to have this project overnight, and if too many people buy it, it won't even be profitable to have. Eventually, the market will figure out the optimal solution. A lower uranium price will allow for more diversity in continent location among the largest nations, however, which are primarily located in continents with uranium now.

The Propaganda Bureau just makes it harder for losers to fight back in wars!

Well, no. It literally does the opposite - if defenders have or build this project, their ability to rebuild actually increases. 10% isn't a huge difference, but for nations that like a bit of a defensive edge and don't want to have a huge military on hand all the time, this project is a good option for them. Whether it's better than the Iron Dome, or Missile Launch Pad, or any other project is for them to decide, but it's a legitimate option. Winners in wars are generally the most prepared, which usually happens to be the attackers. If you know that you're going to attack someone, you can build up to your maximum unit counts beforehand, and building an extra 10% doesn't actually offer that much utility. At least as not much utility as it does to nations that are worried about being attacked.

---

That's my quick FAQ on what I'm presuming would be popular responses, so hopefully that'll streamline things a bit and you can all just thank me for my hard work, and praise this update to the game 012-FACE-WITH-STUCK-OUT-TONGUE-AND-WINKI

• Upvote 6

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nice update

• Upvote 1

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Administrators

Meh. Uneventful update. Get onto perks, weather, and laws already, will ya?

We have weather... at least seasons ;)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Well, the game hasn't had a meaningful improvement in months, now, so I think the negativity is justified.

Not at all. You catch more flies with sugar than vinegar, etc, etc.

• Upvote 2

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Yaaas, thanks Sheep Lord

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Well, the game hasn't had a meaningful improvement in months, now, so I think the negativity is justified.

One man's trash is another mans treasure. 

Just because you're a Negative Nancy and do not feel that the improvements were "meaningful" enough doesn't mean they weren't. There is a lot of time and work put into each and every update that goes out. Sheepy spends countless hours weeding through the multitude of ideas that are suggested. If you're that unappreciative I'd suggest trying out some of the other games in our genre and see how many new "meaningful" updates you get there.... or for that matter... any updates at all.

• Upvote 2

Sheepy, it is spelled Propaganda, not propoganda. Just letting you know.

You spelled it correctly in the explanation, but in the title, you misspelled it.

Edit - in game itself, not on the forum.

Edited by Lord Asmodeus
  • Upvote 3

• Jax locked this topic