Bradford

Favorite Civ?

38 posts in this topic

Either modded or unmodded, which civ is your favorite?

My favorite unmodded is Persia, for that golden age bonus and modded, you can probably guess (XCom)

Venice in Civ V is probably my favourite. Eventually I get to the point where I have so much cash, I pay the other civs to fight each other. :lol:

Civ 5 as France, Shoneshoe, Rome, Egypt and lastly English. I just simply have too many favorite civs.

In civ 3, Germany and Rome.

I actually like the shoshone for their extra land they get upon founding a city, Also you can choose what reward you get from ancient ruins.

Gosh, it's tough picking favorites when they all kick so much ass (provided you know how to strategize with each). I personally prefer playing as the Egyptians, Spanish, Zulu, Koreans or Babylonians more often then any other though.

Egypt obviously for wonder whoring, (and building tight early-game borders) the Spanish for early-game exploration and natural wonder discovery/tile exploitation, the Zulu for just flat out having the most badass Pikeman variation in the game, (and thus domination) and Korea and Babylon for their scientific prowess (I pretty much always run for a tech victory when playing as either of these civs). 

Edit: I'm speaking strictly Civ 5 here.

Edited by Robert House

Wait, how are all of you getting the things at the bottom of your posts?

Like the memes and or gifs?

(BAD WEED)

I agree with Bradford. There's nothing like getting a 28 turn golden age a third of the war into a game.

Edited by Luke the 13th

Rome or USAica in Civ 5. 

To be fair, I just got it a day ago. It keeps crashing on W10. :(

Rome or USAica in Civ 5. 

To be fair, I just got it a day ago. It keeps crashing on W10. :(

...runs fine for me. :P

wait

Russia(land), Britian(seapower), China(manpower)

if it includes Crotica, Romania, Norway, finland, Morocco, Porkistan, it will be great.

Edited by Arthur James

...runs fine for me. :P

wait

I just found out that the leaders (on the discussion/declare war screen) were causing most crashes for me. Every once in awh ile it still crashes, but I'm not sure if it is W10 or something else. 

India is fun, it stops freakin nukes from falling on you.

I like China and Rome in Civ 5. Egypt is good as well.

Edited by greatkitteh

Korea, Japan, Poland or Rome. I'm not a weeb, but their specialties are soooo good.

If anyone wants to play civ 5 1v1 with me, or on multiplayer. Anyone can add me on steam, just send me PM to add me so we can play some civ 5 together. I usually play civ 5 on King level or higher.

Edited by Stormrideron

Favorite from the strong civs: England (multiplayer), closely followed by Greece (singleplayer). A religion-based wide game as Greece is so ridiculously strong (for a non-all around OP civ like Arabia/Poland).

Favorite from the balanced civs: Morocco.-- love them tall as hell desert starts.

Unmodded: Germany. Modded: Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth or Byzantine Empire (Alexios I Komnenos)

Any Civ in FreeCiv ftw! Because its Open Sores/Free Software, its 20 years old and still being developed and you can play it multiplayer with the desktop game or in a web browser. 

Edited by Alukora