Event Suggestion Thread

Alex

Esoteric missionarism from religious fanatics and anarchist cult leaders (can be NPCs) threatening the approval and crime rates

Military defection after a series of loss in war (amounts can be automatically chosen at random)

• Upvote 1

9anTOCI.jpg?3

Money Trees. Special Trees from space that grow money are planted in the ground by aliens. Gives you a 10% revenue increase for 24 turns.

Burning Money Trees. Specials Trees from Space that seek out money and destroy it are planted in the ground by aliens. Gives you a 10% revenue loss for 24 turns.

Flying Unicorn Rainbow Party- Rainbows!

• Upvote 1

LTcxGHN.jpg

Wildfire: Destroys 5% of infra level in a city, as well a 10% chance of an improvement destroyed in the fire.

Market crash: Your overall commerce level drops by 2.5%

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

• Wiki Mod

Global Sandstorm, all Dioist nations receive a 10% buff in combat & income. Everyone else gets a -10% buff in combat & income.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Global Sandstorm, all Dioist nations receive a 10% buff in combat & income. Everyone else gets a -10% buff in combat & income.

If taken seriously, how can the game recognize between whather a nation is a diost or not?

If so, there should be a slot on the Edit Nation section to choose or create a religion.

• Upvote 1

9anTOCI.jpg?3

• Wiki Mod

Sorry forgot the other one.

Global Snowstorm: Dioist Nations are debuffed by -10% in combat & income. While everyone else gets +10%. 

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

I seriously don't care as long as my celebrity doesn't get captured

• Upvote 2

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

One of my favorite games of all time (unfortunately, haven't played it in a really long time) is Heroes of Might and Magic. In the latest installment, the game has a list of weekly events which randomly affect combat and growth. Here is a full list: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/563124-Week-of-list-complete-in-order-with-effects-Forums

But, taking inspiration from that, here are some things that I thought of:

1. Festival season (-X% income)

2. Discovery of new coal/bauxite/primary resource vein (+X% production of raw resources)

I am particularly interested in the potential in affecting combat, so here are some other stuff:

1. Snowstorm (Tank Fuel Consumption +X%) [perhaps only during winter months?]

2. Heavy Rains (Aircraft damage -X%/Missile Damage -X%) 

3. Rough Waves (Ship Fuel Consumption +X%)

4. Heavy Mist (Ship damage -X%)

5. Sandstorm (Soldier/Tank damage -X%)

And I think this could be universally applied, so instead of just as a national event, perhaps make it a continental one? I think it might make people mix things up a little when it comes to combat.

This would be cool. Weather that gos around the world and effects battles? That would be some next level shit right there Sheepy.

• Upvote 1

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Politics and Zombies

Like last year, a zombie apocalypse is expected to occur this Halloween, continuing our annual tradition. Is two years in a row enough to call something a tradition? Let's go with it anyway.

Zombie apocalypse begins in: 24 hours
This time the server hamsters have been fed a bit extra and have been in training. The idea is handle the onslaught more smoothly although the apocalypse lasting 6 hours longer than last year means it'll be tough to beat the record 20% survival rate. Especially with certain nations (*cough* you know who you are *cough*) purposely trying to help the zombies take over our beloved NationStates.

What You Need to Know

The zombie apocalypse will begin 347 days ago.

It will run for 36 hours, ending 345 days ago.

As before, you will have three options: attempt to exterminate zombies with military force, try to research a cure, or join forces with the zombies.

Extermination quickly converts your zombies into dead citizens, posing no further risk to the uninfected.

Researching a cure slowly reduces your region's infection rate, and can even convert zombies into survivors.

Embracing the zombie hordes quickly increases your region's infection rate, as infection rates are region-based: if a region contains many nations with high numbers of zombies, all resident nations will become infected quicker.

The extermination and research options are more effective the more survivors you have, becoming ineffective if you wait until your military and scientific experts have mostly been eaten.

During the zombie apocalypse, Founders and Delegates can close the region's borders at no Influence cost. A special Z-Day Border Control feature will be available to facilitate this.

Good luck all!

Update! By now the zombie apocalypse is almost halfway through. A rather disturbing death toll is building up, way higher than the figures from last year's Halloween zombie apocalypse. This is an indication that the survivors will have to fight even harder now to stay alive. And this apocalypse lasts longer than the one before... Not a good omen. As expected, the big regions are hopelessly lost this time around as well. Some smaller regions managed to quickly take action and get the infestation under control. All those in the middle find themselves in a fierce battleground.

Like last year, a Z-Day Tally Board is available. You can compare that with the final graph from last year.

Update 2! In the second half of the apocalypse, the survivors fought back! After their number dipped below a meager 60 trillion they managed to get the upper hand. It also helped that quite some zombies ran out of brains to eat and perished. In the end almost 70 trillion survivors managed to carve out a space for themselves while holding off the remaining 12 trillion zombies. What an easy life! At a survival rate of 21.7% (a new record) these happy civilians can look forward to a new post-Halloween dawn. Don't mind the pile of close to 240 trillion dead, move along now, move along!

Thank you for partaking in the third NationStates Zombie Apocalypse event, we hope everyone had a great Halloween!

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. She never mentioned zombies."

My Idea

Basically have military actions directed to exterminate zombies, spy actions to spread the infection to other alliances/nations, and a new project that must be individually created in each nation to stop the infection from getting worse, and is very expensive.

Your population is the food for zombies, every civilian turned into a zombie gets rid of the income that civilian would have provided. So at the start of infection, no one has any cures, the infection rate is really high and spreads since there are civilians everywhere, eventually when people die it will slow down, the more people in a nation the faster the infection spreads, the more people in a nation the more expensive it is to distribute cures, cures/vaccine take time to distribute,

So there are "Alive" civilians

Then there are "Dead" Civilians who were turned into Zombies and killed by military action

Then there are "Zombies" who have not been killed yet

Cures turn an alive civilian into a "immune" civilian, zombies cannot be turned back.

Say 20% of your nation has been turned into zombies, decrease income/production by 20% for the duration of the event.

Military Action

You can blast away zombies in other nations with ships, planes, and soldiers, tanks. Every time you use soldiers you increase the chance of them becoming infected and spreading to the populace. (ie. lose more soldiers than usual, more civilians get turned and increased infection rate) Infra will be destroyed in these nations, you can also attack their military to weaken their ability to combat their own zombies.

You can attack zombies in your own nation (maybe create a special war option) zombies are powerful and hard to kill and you risk getting more infected if you use soldiers. So if you have 250,000 zombies in your nation you can only kill very few every attack and these attacks destroy your own infra as well.

Every turn more zombies infect more civilians.

Make new projects like : Cure to get rid of infection spread and make it possible to kill remaining infected

Martial Law/Military Law : Slightly decrease infection rate

Conscription : Increase solider recruitment by 300% (this also potentially could just be worse if there are simply too many zombies for your soldiers to handle)

Biological Zombie Virus : Increases the ability of the spy attack to spread zombies

Spy Attacks

You can infect other countries by spreading the cure in their nation

You can send special squads to kill zombies in the selected nation

Zombie Nations

Nations that become fully infected can use their zombies to attack alive nations but do not produce anything, cannot use planes or ships or tanks or spy. They are simply huge hordes of zombies.

If a nation is fully infected, eventually if the player is not attacking alive nations and infecting their citizens, their zombies die out slowly and the nation is "dead".

Thus to win:

You would need to build the cure, and wipe out all zombies in your range everywhere, and including your own nation.

Citizens being turned into zombies maybe could lower your NS? That way huge nations slowly become more in range of other zombie nations, more nations can spy them to infect their population, and if they become a zombie nation they have a huge horde of an unprecedented size.

Anyways just some thoughts on it, they would need to be worked out to find a challenge for everybody in every range (small or leader-boards) but I think it would be an awesome idea.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weapon Safety Fail- Missile have a 0.05% chance of failing per missile owned.     Nuclear Weapons have a 0.023% chance of failing per nuclear weapon owned.

If a missile safety system fails, either one of the following happens.

-It destroys up to 100 infra and will destroy up to $1,000,000 and a chance for an improvement to be destroyed

-It will be a dud and will be decommissioned from your arsenal without receiving anything back

If a nuclear weapon safety system fails, either on of the following happens.

-It destroys up to 1000 infra and destroy up to $7,500,000 and two improvement destroyed.

-It will be a dud and decommissioned from your arsenal without you receiving anything back

Nuclear Plant Meltdown-

One of your Nuclear Plant's is going to meltdown. Every power plant has a 0.018% chance of melting down

-Power per 1000 infra will change to every 1500 infra due to increase power outage for 4 turns

-After 4 turns, the power per infra will fall to every 750 infra for up to 24 turns

-This city with the meltdown will have up to 20% if previously maxed out.

-There will be a research programme trying to fix the meltdown. It cost money to operate; There are five tiers of research;

Tier One- $300,000 Tier Two- $500,000 Tier Three- $1,000,000 Tier Four $2,000,000 Tier Five- $3,000,000

10%/25%50%/80%/99% of success

Every turn, your research team will try and fix the meltdown. Each tier will increase the percent depending on the tier. The higher up the tier, the less chance their is for a accident to occur that will set back your efforts.

After 24 turns from the original meltdown warning, the plant will meltdown and cause effects similar to a nuke exploding. If fixed in time, you will return back to normal but have a decrease population and approval factor for a period of time.

Effects of an effective meltdown- destroys up to 500 infra, two improvements, causes a 500 pollution points increase fro three days and a 10% disease rate increase for five days.

Projects-

Safety Board- Helps prevent chances of failing safety systems

$15,000,000

750 steel

500 aluminum

1,000 gasoline

Nuclear Safety Commission- Helps prevent chances of a nuclear meltdown

$20,000,000

1,000 steel

500 aluminum

500 urnanium

• Upvote 3

LTcxGHN.jpg

• Wiki Mod

I'm really liking all of these random percentage chances being thrown out without anyone ever stating whether these are odds in days, months, years, cosmic age or for that matter is it in orbis time, rl time, an alternate universe's time?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Wiki Mod

With luck never.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have an intresting perposal.

World war.

I am not kidding. Have these factions called 'Empires' made up of allainces.

Four Alliances fighting for supremecy. It would be the winner who decide the fate of the conqured.

Actally individal nations who are the winner would get massive reward (including fixed award and a varible award detailed later) plus a new city taken from the largest of the losing nations. Losing factions will just disapate. (Who have extra but only one removed. If nessary, just get a city without it coming somewhere. ) Allaince leaders will decide which faction to join. Indepent nations a join the same way as allaince leaders. (As Empires are like mega-alliances.)

In the Empire syestem: The Four Empires (factions) are lead by developers or the elected Leader of the most influencal or most powerful alliances in the factions (Empires). The election would be voted upon by indivial nation in an election where canidates fight for puplicy and votes. (By bribes and whatever they try.) Election rules are: Canidates themselves can't vote. One vote for each nation. Votes can be bought from nation leaders but not from their allences. Nation can refuse.

It is recomended to buy ads to either get votes or alliances for the Empires.

Each Empire start with a default number of health. By each nation joins an attational 1 health point. Members donate military and funds to the Empire which will defend and attack the enemy empires. Each donation (or contubution) go to the empire's 'pot'. After the war; The all pots in all empire go to the winner Empire and their members.

Any other details to include?

• Alex unpinned this topic