What do I do?

Blake Gillman

I played the Original SimCity's and SimCity 2013, but this game definitely brings on more of a challenge. One hour in I was getting "This #city #sucks" tweets and was -12k so, if anyone has any pointers or good strategies to follow I'd love to hear, first thing I did was connect to highway, zone residential and commericial, then off to the side I zoned industrial, added three wind plants, and a water pumping station / a water outlet station. (Ended up not seperating them far enough, pumping station started pumping polluted water) and soon enough I came to bankrupty after adding a Police Station, Fire Station, Clinic, and Grade School.

So I probably went about this the completely wrong way, anyone got any pointers, tips, or guides for me? I obviously need the help xD

banner.png

Original Founder of the Brotherhood of Steel

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

[im=http://i.imgur.com/NGFenqH.gif?1]

I played the Original SimCity's and SimCity 2013, but this game definitely brings on more of a challenge. One hour in I was getting "This #city #sucks" tweets and was -12k so, if anyone has any pointers or good strategies to follow I'd love to hear, first thing I did was connect to highway, zone residential and commericial, then off to the side I zoned industrial, added three wind plants, and a water pumping station / a water outlet station. (Ended up not seperating them far enough, pumping station started pumping polluted water) and soon enough I came to bankrupty after adding a Police Station, Fire Station, Clinic, and Grade School.

So I probably went about this the completely wrong way, anyone got any pointers, tips, or guides for me? I obviously need the help xD

When you first start your city don't build anything too quick, don't do any zoning except residential. Basically just look at the demands, which i think you may know where you can find that. After playing for hours I've discovered that you really don't need a police station for quite awhile, tbh I haven't seen the crime rate rise all that much but I end up building one or two police stations for the whole game just in case.

I think you're during exactly what I would do, screenshots would help though lol. When i was learning about the game I used a lot of wind power but that sort of power fades quickly. Fairly soon you end up having to put down like 20 windmills just to provide power, so I would recommend building some wind power early and then putting a coal or oil power plant a little later. I wouldn't worry too much on fire stations early, they are definitely necessary but the buildings that burn down get replaced anyways so they aren't needed immediately.

Early on just don't spend any money except by making a tiny box of roads, follow the demands by making residential and commercial. Industry isn't desired right away, so you can delay on that for a little. 

I've failed a few games because I didn't realize that my pumping station was pumping polluted water, the plague kept happening and I was freaking out :P

"what cannot be settled by experiment is not worth debating"

Usually I don't add any services like fire station or clinic until a building catches fire or somebody got sick. I also immediately raise all of my taxes by 2% each when I started the game.

Also roundabouts, dear god roundabouts. Instead of intersections, have a roundabout to connect big roads instead. The pathfinding AI for cars in this game is shit, large intersections are guaranteed to turn inti traffic jam hotspots later on in the game.

• Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

Also roundabouts, dear god roundabouts. Instead of intersections, have a roundabout to connect big roads instead. The pathfinding AI for cars in this game is !@#$, large intersections are guaranteed to turn inti traffic jam hotspots later on in the game.

Or one way roads roads with T intersections. 

You can use the budget panel to lower/raise how much you are spending on stuff like power and water. In the beginning, I can usually set both power and water to 50% funding (the minimum) and raise it when the demand exceeds the supply. Also, parks aren't that helpful when you first unlock them. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• Administrators

I'd recommend the Improved Traffic mod in the Steam Workshop so that cars actually use all the lanes on a road, too.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'd recommend the Improved Traffic mod in the Steam Workshop so that cars actually use all the lanes on a road, too.

Speaking of mods, the "All 25 areas purchasable" mod is pretty much a must have

• Upvote 1

"what cannot be settled by experiment is not worth debating"

• Wiki Mod

Avoid artery type road systems. Since the larger roads don't actually use their capacity it just turns into large traffic jams. Also don't waste your time with underground by-pass highways no-body will get on them.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Avoid artery type road systems. Since the larger roads don't actually use their capacity it just turns into large traffic jams. Also don't waste your time with underground by-pass highways no-body will get on them.

I typically use a system of:   4 lane - 2 lane - 2 lane - 2 lane - 4 lane in a grid. Doesn't seem to have any traffic issues even near highways as I make extensive use of one way roads for accesses and traffic just flies through them.