Any good Zerg builds?

Alex

• Administrators

I haven't played SC2 heavily in a long time, but I used to be ranked Platinum back in the day. I know it's kind of dying out, but I'm always looking for the best meta build, and it's hard to find them listed anymore.

So, anyone got any good Zerg strategies/build orders? That's the race I play when I do get around to Starcrafting.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Personally? Start off, just harvest like hell. Then build barracks and mass. The race is primarily focused on swarms so the faster you get an army the better, and make sure it's big. That's what I've always done

Of course I haven't played SC2 in 2 years, I'm going off of memory. I like WC3: FT a lot though. I don't really ever use heroes, I just like the whole medieval thing better, idk :P.

Edited by Alkadi Yiri

banner.png

Original Founder of the Brotherhood of Steel

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

[im=http://i.imgur.com/NGFenqH.gif?1]

I used to be a diamond Zerg, I never really followed any of the meta game builds. I just adapted to what the enemy did. I know that sounds unhelpful, but it really does work. Drone scout, leave a ling outside the enemy ramp/wall. Overlord scout around the 7 minute mark, use changelings constantly, stay on the watch towers, and move your ovies to the outskirts of the map.

I usually went Roach/Hydra vs Toss, if they get collossi get corruptors. If they're going Stalker/Immortal heavy get more lings to support the roach/hydra.

Ling/Bane vs Terran. Mutas for harrass. If you make it to late game, get ultras (unless they are going marauder heavy, get broodlords then)

And then vs Zerg I just went 14 pool 14 gas and rushed every game. ZvZ is boring and a waste of time (Unless you want to improve your micro, which isn't the most important thing to learn as a Zerg)

"You can lose a lot of soldiers but still win the game."

– The Governor

Unless it's ZvZ you typically want to just out expand and out macro your opponent, massing one or two types of units works well against the other races. In ZvZ you usually want to go for some ling/bane in the early game for pressure and try to tech into a late game unit quick.

iAdNwuC.png

[00:55] <@Lyro> the world is a gaybar son