Cold War RP (OOC)

Thalmor

From my understanding, everything up till 1948 happens like it did irl. So Sweden wouldn't have had a nuclear program until the rp begins, meaning that it would still take a good deal of time before an actual test could be performed.

Meh, not really my affair, I'll leave it to the OP to clarify.

True true

Doesn't have to be historically accurate

Although I'm trying to let the players be as free as possible, rule 3 does state for it to be realistic- when implies historical accuracy. I mean, it doesn't have to specifically follow history, but everything up to 1948 did happen in the RP as it did in real life. I'll let this thing with Sweden slide for now, though.

I'd like to take Malta if possible. Check their history here. They were always Malta but were a self governed, british colony in '48. Come on.......pretty please!!!!!

Accepted. As there is no British player, you could declare complete sovereignty with little risk.

Same thing for occupied Austria. hint hint

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Wait a sec, we just let Sweden go nuke before Russia's crash program, to include its espionage program that shortened their program by many years, produced one?

I thought you meant this game to stick kinda generally close to things that are within the realm of possible.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Malta would now like to declare it's sovereign independence as of this announcement. We would also like to extend a hand of frienship to the United States and ask for permission to build an Embassy in their capital city. We would also like to offer the U.S. the same where they can build an Embassy in Malta. We would also like to offer the U.S. some leased land in order to build some military facilities. A naval base, an airfield and an army/marine post/base. This would allow the U.S. a forward operating area and would create more skilled and high paying industrial jobs for the Maltese citizens.

X4EfkAB.png

Malta would now like to declare it's sovereign independence as of this announcement. We would also like to extend a hand of frienship to the United States and ask for permission to build an Embassy in their capital city. We would also like to offer the U.S. the same where they can build an Embassy in Malta. We would also like to offer the U.S. some leased land in order to build some military facilities. A naval base, an airfield and an army/marine post/base. This would allow the U.S. a forward operating area and would create more skilled and high paying industrial jobs for the Maltese citizens.

There is an IC thread. This needs to be there. But yes, we accept your offer, pending an official deal in a few days' time.

Wait a sec, we just let Sweden go nuke before Russia's crash program, to include its espionage program that shortened their program by many years, produced one?

I thought you meant this game to stick kinda generally close to things that are within the realm of possible.

I meant that Sweden is allowed to start trying to get there. I wasn't going to let them get an entire arsenal within a decade or something.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

People are picking the strangest countries in this

Yeah. I've been to Malta and loved it. I thought that with the long and extensive history that Malta has, it might make an interesting dynamic if Malta actually had a bigger role in the direction of how things went post WWII.

X4EfkAB.png

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7897-cold-war-rp-ic/?p=130367

Yeah, no, sorry, no way does anyone get nukes so fast and miniaturize them for missiles to carry. Hell, do nuclear missiles even exist yet?

Edited by Director

http://7kingdoms.net/skrp/

^Forum based nation building RP. You should join it^

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7897-cold-war-rp-ic/?p=130367

Yeah, no, sorry, no way does anyone get nukes so fast and miniaturize them for missiles to carry. Hell, do nuclear missiles even exist yet?

Never said they were nuclear. Just stating the fact the Canadian nuclear research does exist. Just regular missiles.

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Hey all,

If anyone is interested, Seven Kingdoms has a pretty rad rp similar to this one running on our forums. In fact, I see a few of our players here (s/o Dillon and Director.) SKRP is an extremely in-depth nation AND character RP taking place during the Cold War period, but one in which events after WWII happened very differently. The RP has been running strong for almost a year now and we have over 30 active players. If anyone wants to join or to check it out and see if it's for you, make an account at http://7kingdoms.net/pw/forum/ and shoot me a pm here or there (or find me on IRC) if you have any questions.

eStUYHv.png

Hey all,

If anyone is interested, Seven Kingdoms has a pretty rad rp similar to this one running on our forums. In fact, I see a few of our players here (s/o Dillon and Director.) SKRP is an extremely in-depth nation AND character RP taking place during the Cold War period, but one in which events after WWII happened very differently. The RP has been running strong for almost a year now and we have over 30 active players. If anyone wants to join or to check it out and see if it's for you, make an account at http://7kingdoms.net/pw/forum/ and shoot me a pm here or there (or find me on IRC) if you have any questions.

Nice advertising, though you forgot me :(

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

I claim French colony of Algeria.

Accepted, but if we get a French player, you have to listen to him. You could declare independence, but that risks a war.

Also, even if we don't get a French player and you declare independence, I will RP as France and try to stop you.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png