Guardian Forums

Hodor

Brb making embassy

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Can't help but feel like this is the final nail for the Guardian I've always known, dating back to long before Orbis. Is all of the old guard gone now? (pardon the pun).

Just saying that I've seen leaders come and go, gov changes, charter changes, but always a core group and the same forums throughout. Is that all over now? Been out of the loop a while.

c3Ct0v4.png

Can't help but feel like this is the final nail for the Guardian I've always known, dating back to long before Orbis. Is all of the old guard gone now? (pardon the pun).

Just saying that I've seen leaders come and go, gov changes, charter changes, but always a core group and the same forums throughout. Is that all over now? Been out of the loop a while.

Psh, there haven't been that many leadership changes recently!

It's only been Prefontaine -> Shellhound -> Cuba -> Hodor

Oh... wait that's a bit more than the average alliance xD. Hodor had better better stay on-guard (ba dumm tss" if he doesn't want to end up in a bad spot like his predecessors. 

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I believe there are only two old Guardian members left in Guardian at the moment. They happen to be the less active ones however.

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Can't speak to the rest of your post, but as for forums, they've switched forums several times over the years.

wF9Bjre.gif

Can't speak to the rest of your post, but as for forums, they've switched forums several times over the years.

Maybe they just designed them the same. I recall the same forums for the last 2-3 years at least, but my memory has never been my strongest quality. :)

I guess what I'm getting at is that the Guardian brand was always under the same administration/ownership, regardless of game titles, as far as I can remember. This is the first time in my memory that doesn't seem to be the case.

c3Ct0v4.png

Why did you move?

Gentrification.

I don't go. Gov changes. We have no charter. We have a core group of 23 members.

• Upvote 3

Why did you move?

Cuba owned the license and took it with him. Also it looks like scathy is gone so he owned the domain and rented the server space.

This is the era of invision free guardian  :unsure:

I do believe the last democratic election Guardian had was the one where you won.

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is then I suppose it is fitting. I hope they've learned that, when you choose to shun your best option repeatedly, perhaps it won't always be the case that the one you've shunned will be happily willing to pick up the scraps of what remains.

At the end of the day it was democracy that gave role players the impression that they were superstars. That was a basketball reference, by the way, not an attack on hodor. I don't even know hodor.

Edited by Kadin

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is then I suppose it is fitting. I hope they've learned that, when you choose to shun your best option repeatedly, perhaps it won't always be the case that the one you've shunned will be happily willing to pick up the scraps of what remains.

At the end of the day it was democracy that gave role players the impression that they were superstars.

Thanks for highlighting the case for me. I knew you'd take the bait. You simply think democracy is crap because you can't win an election. You failed in Guardian, and from what I hear failed in BoC. No one wants you to lead except a select few. You're good as a support guy, for a time. After that time you think you should be more, and don't fall in line, don't follow because you expect to lead. You're a very poor leader to have in the upper echelon of an alliance, middle management? Sure, but like I said only for a time. 

scSqPGJ.gif

At the end of the day it was democracy that gave role players the impression that they were superstars.

And what was it that gave you the same impression? 

Thanks for clarifying, be careful of the context dude

Edited by Lord of Puns
  • Upvote 3

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

Thanks for highlighting the case for me. I knew you'd take the bait. You simply think democracy is crap because you can't win an election. You failed in Guardian, and from what I hear failed in BoC. No one wants you to lead except a select few. You're good as a support guy, for a time. After that time you think you should be more, and don't fall in line, don't follow because you expect to lead. You're a very poor leader to have in the upper echelon of an alliance, middle management? Sure, but like I said only for a time.

I wouldn't even give you a Minister spot. You do nothing particularly well and rely on popularity contests to gain and maintain influence. On the other hand, I am all about results. That's why it's so funny to me when someone like you tries to criticize. You truly do not even see reality.

Didn't Pref get results while leading Guardian though?

If you consider relying on old nations with lots of score results then sure. As far as actually building an alliance? Nope. That's why it fell apart so fast in his absence.

And what did you accomplish during your time?

When I led Guardian in the Triumvirates we were much more successful. We had friends, won wars, and grew/improved as an alliance. The haters can deny it all they want but those are the facts. Every war Guardian has lost has been under someone else's watch, typically during periods of Democratic rule.