Increase the amount of in game money credits give. (Donating)

Dwemyrn

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Slightly Increase The Amount of Money Received in Game For Cashing Credits? (+ $250,000)

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/Undecided

Recently Sheepy increased the cost of donating and implemented the coins in the game. However, I feel that increasing the cost of donation should possibly increase how much you'd get when you cash in a credit. Currently credits can be cashed in for $750,000 in game currency, I think it would be a nice change if they can instead give a full million. It's a nice clean number, and may add a little more incentive to donate because of the increase of reward for doing so. What are everyone thoughts on this?

• Upvote 1

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Voted no. Sheepy stated already the price increase was to allow him more server space for a speed server. Donations are ultimately there to pay for this to remain a growing game, not to give people money. I think 750k per 5$ is a reasonable amount which allows people to support the game without giving them a big advantage (once your daily income is 500k$, 750k$ doesn't give such a big advantage anymore).

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

Do you want this game to be pay to win, because that is how you get a game to be pay to win.

• Upvote 3

[00:37:08] You guys are just my puppets

[00:37:13] I am the master pulling the strings

[00:37:15] * Sheepy laughs evilly

Do you want this game to be pay to win, because that is how you get a game to be pay to win.

According to this logic, you're already paying to win if you're donating at all.

Actually, I would prefer other bonuses beyond just cash. Like bonus infra, or reduced land purchase costs...maybe increase productivity of all improvements by a percentage. Something beyond just the money boost. As it is....the credits on the open market are really only worth their money values. If credits are to be a commodity, they need other bonuses.

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

According to this logic, you're already paying to win if you're donating at all.

No. There's a reason donations are limited. There is absolutely no need for an increase just to please your eyes.

It's at 750,000 because each credit is worth just that. IE: If you buy 2 credits, that's 750,000 x 2 = 1,500,000.

You are allowed to cash in 6 credits per month for a total of 4,500,000.

So if we increase it to 1,000,000, that's $6,000,000 you can pay to gain each month.

4.5 million is plenty. Pay to win is bullshit.

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Nope. Never going to happen.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

No. There's a reason donations are limited. There is absolutely no need for an increase just to please your eyes.

It's at 750,000 because each credit is worth just that. IE: If you buy 2 credits, that's 750,000 x 2 = 1,500,000.

You are allowed to cash in 6 credits per month for a total of 4,500,000.

So if we increase it to 1,000,000, that's $6,000,000 you can pay to gain each month.

4.5 million is plenty. Pay to win is !@#$.

Voted no. Sheepy stated already the price increase was to allow him more server space for a speed server. Donations are ultimately there to pay for this to remain a growing game, not to give people money. I think 750k per 5$ is a reasonable amount which allows people to support the game without giving them a big advantage (once your daily income is 500k$, 750k$ doesn't give such a big advantage anymore).

No. Sheepy already stated why he increased the price. He wants to have another server that is for faster paced gameplay.

Just sell what you have on the market. People are more than willing to buy for more than a million each anyway right now

To all who say no, anyone who has donated, has paid for upper hand, which means if you donated by the logic of "No" you were paying to win in teh first place, so increasing the increment to a very slight would make no sudden difference at all, especially to those who donate on a monthly basis. The Increase on what you would get from this, would benefit a smaller guy, a larger guy, would basically be paying the bills for upkeep of their nation and not much would actually be extra, especially given the fact that people are currently using embargoes to break the economy by making things like cheap bauxite cost more than the refined version of it, aluminum.

You are forgetting market balance, and the fact that if the reward is increased, people will need to donate less often, which effects the server bills.

q8nfyvc.gif

To all who say no, anyone who has donated, has paid for upper hand, which means if you donated by the logic of "No" you were paying to win in teh first place, so increasing the increment to a very slight would make no sudden difference at all, especially to those who donate on a monthly basis. The Increase on what you would get from this, would benefit a smaller guy, a larger guy, would basically be paying the bills for upkeep of their nation and not much would actually be extra, especially given the fact that people are currently using embargoes to break the economy by making things like cheap bauxite cost more than the refined version of it, aluminum.

An additional 1.5 million a month is considerable. Donations are not meant to be a buy to win thing, which is why they are limited and not overly helpful. I've also never donated, and if I did it would only be for a flag. Which I can now get without donating. Thanks Jodo!

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

You are forgetting market balance, and the fact that if the reward is increased, people will need to donate less often, which effects the server bills.

That is a valid point

I didn't donate for that. I'm interested in this P&W speed round thing Sheepy will be doing on another Server.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

Dont you !@#$ tell me I am paying to win. The only times I have donated was for a custom flag. That is !@#$ it. The only times I recieved donations was when alliance mates bought them for me as a gift.

Edited by Seryozha Nikanor
  • Upvote 1
bRejPUy.jpg

Dont you !@#$ tell me I am paying to win. The only times I have donated was for a custom flag. That is !@#$ it. The only times I recieved donations was when alliance mates bought them for me as a gift.

Hostility and vulgarity because why? If you're paying for a custom flag, this has nothing to do with you. I'm referring to the amount of money you get for donations, not donations for stuff that has no impact on the game like a custom flag. 

Would just like something other than money with donations. A infra bonus or something. O well

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.