2/25/2015 - Center for Civil Engineering National Project

Alex

• Administrators

I've added a new national project to the game.

Center for Civil Engineering

Cost: $3,000,000; 1,000 Oil; 1,000 Iron; 1,000 Bauxite

Benefit: Reduces infrastructure costs in all cities by 5%

Pretty straightforward update here. Just thought I'd throw in another project to diversify the game a bit.

For those of you that are upset with each change, I understand your concerns about changing the live game, and you may have wanted this project but already used your slot, etc.

First, I'd just like to say that changes and improvements like these are necessary to keep the game fresh and promote its longevity. I think most folks do realize that.

Second, giving advanced notice of these things will benefit those that carouse the forums, but I think it's fairest for all when something like this is dropped without any warning to give everyone equal footing in regards to knowledge about the update. Luck will favors some more than others, but I think that's fairer than only some players getting "inside intel" from myself. With a very small change like this, I'm not too worried about it, but this is in regards to all changes.

On a side note, as part of this update I've removed change #5 from the Missile Patch (last update). Having Ground Control, Air Superiority, and a Blockade now has no bearing on whether your opponent can launch a missile or not.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nice!

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I like it like that, yea!

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I like the project, but might be wise to remove the 5000 infra per project requirement or make it 3000-4000.

Edited by Placentica

I like it makes the already small supply of bauxite even less due to the high demand of this project and the resource cost. though I think you should also through a small amount of steel and aluminum in there as well but it looks fine as it is.

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Awe Sheepy, thanks for ending my decision on what to get for my next project  :P

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Great addition and I disagree with the assertion that the infra requirements for projects should be lowered. There isn't any reason to do that other then to assuage people who blew their loads on other projects but this game is a marathon, not a race. Everyone will catch up on this project in due time, so there is no need to drastically alter the formula to shorten that time frame.

Edited by Thulium

• Administrators

Nice, Is that meant I would have 10% bonus in total with Autocracy?

Yes, the bonuses stack.

I like it makes the already small supply of bauxite even less due to the high demand of this project and the resource cost. though I think you should also through a small amount of steel and aluminum in there as well but it looks fine as it is.

Increased demand will increase the price, which ought to increase the supply. I chose the raw resources Oil, Bauxite, and Iron because they had some of the lowest values and I wanted to increase demand for them in the market.

You'd need to build ~$150m of infrastructure to make this pay for itself.

It's definitely a long-term investment.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

The later you buy this, the smaller the advantage. But if you buy it early, you miss out on the "essential" (ie defence) projects. I foresee the few people who buy this not actually getting any benefit from it.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

The later you buy this, the smaller the advantage. But if you buy it early, you miss out on the "essential" (ie defence) projects. I foresee the few people who buy this not actually getting any benefit from it.

There is also war rebuilding to consider. Growth isn't always linear.

hxvRjGK.jpg

• Administrators

What kind of Civil Engineers choose to build things out of iron instead of steel, or raw bauxite ore instead of refined aluminum?  This makes no sense.

Not everything is realistic. Have to keep gameplay in mind.

I chose the raw resources Oil, Bauxite, and Iron because they had some of the lowest values and I wanted to increase demand for them in the market.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Really an excellent way to boost oil/iron prices, which were very low, especially iron due to it's higher cost.  Baux market should be fun and we should see a bump in alum prices as well eventually due to baux cost.

i guess sheepys next update will boost leads price i dont see oil sustaining a much higher price over time simply cause of the massive oversupply thats been on the market. iron and bauxite however should keep a few hundred ppu over what it has been trading at in the longer run. maybe limiting nations to 3 oil wells and coal mines per city will help with the oversupply of oil and coal in the markets

• 1 month later...

Hi Sheepy. This may be a bit late, but please change bauxite requirements for aluminum. Bauxite is a very important resource and sells for very high prices. There is no need to boost it any further. I mean have you seen the recent bauxite prices? Bauxite is even more expensive than aluminum and it will only get worse.

Edited by Alice Lune

• Jax locked this topic