Government, Constitutional Changes

Morgan

NewUSTFlag_zpse5f52b49.png

(Like our new flag?  :D )

The United States of Terra has previously experienced some stagnation with progress due to the ineffectiveness of Congress. Not wanting to abuse my current powers, I continually attempted to push our Congress to continue creating, debating, and passing essential legislation. After several weeks of little to no progress being made, members of UST government got together to create some amendments to our Constitution. We hosted a Convention in which all of our citizens were able to vote on whether or not to pass the amendments, which did pass unanimously. 

To be as brief as possible, the President now has the authority to create legislation, polices, and acts with the dissolution of Congress. The Supreme Court was dissolved and its powers were placed with a new Department of Justice. Four very essential rights have been placed in the Constitution that are to be protected by the government. The citizenship may vote on Constitutional amendments in the future by direct voting for amendments or hosting Conventions to propose a set of amendments or to alter and or abolish the current Constitution and create a new one. Lastly, we have established an activity policy for members of government to avoid further stagnation as we have experienced in the past. 

You can read all the actual amendments below. 

Amendment I
Proposed Jan. 16, 2015, Ratified Jan. 21, 2015

The Legislative Branch of government is hereby dissolved. The previous powers of the Legislative Branch shall be placed with the President of the United States of Terra, including the power to declare war, raise and support an army for the defense of the alliance, create and approve all laws necessary and proper, nominate and confirm Secretaries of Executive Departments, set the alliance tax rate, create the alliance budget, establish and amend rules for citizen naturalization, and create and approve treaties.

Amendment II

The Judicial Branch of government is hereby dissolved. The previous powers of the Judicial Branch shall be placed with the Secretary of a new Executive Department of Justice, including the power to review the constitutionality of laws, acts, oversee the proper order of succession, and policies and serve as the court system of the alliance.

Amendment III

Government officers are not to be absent from their duties for more than one week without proper leave or authorized absence. Government officers who are absent longer than one week are subject to be removed from office by the Department of Justice. Once removed, the officer may not retain their office unless a legitimate reason be provided for the absence. Extended absences must be authorized by the Secretary of Justice.

Amendment IV

Citizens of the United States of Terra will be guaranteed the following rights under this Constitution:

1. The right of the people to not be excessively taxed shall not be infringed.
2. The right of the people to vote for government officers shall not be infringed unless that right has been otherwise revoked by the Department of Justice.
3. No law or act shall be created that prohibits the right to free speech.
4. In all judicial trials, the accused shall have the right to a speedy and public trial, be informed of the accusation before the trial is held, and have the assistance of counsel for their defense.

Amendment V

The citizenship may call a Constitutional Convention to abolish and create a new Constitution or make amendments to the entire Constitution. Constitutional Conventions require three-fourths majority of voters approval to take place. Constitutional amendments shall take effect immediately upon three-fourths of voters approval.

Edited by Morgan

It's very important that leaders be able to make the decisions necessary to run an alliance. This is a good move.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

I do like your new flag, and I'm glad you got your new government sorted out.

Edited by Conroy

LordRahl2, on 10 Jul 2015 - 5:53 PM, said: "Imagine it. Lets say that Sheepy had an idea that was at lest questionable. As a way out there idea lets say he thought about adding T-Rexs to the game in some way." "As you know this is hypothetical since Sheepy has never considered adding T-Rexs to the game."

Congrats!

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

o/ UST

o/ Morgan

May, you find happiness and tranquility in all of your decisions concerning these new amendments.

And, presidential dictatorships are the way to go, just saying.

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

Seven cheers for anacyclosis! (ed: Damn.) One for each phase.

Mob rule, meet monarchy! Monarchy, get ready to meet kingship and tyranny.

Edited by Erin

I like the activity policy. A lack of efficiency in government members is a major pet peeve of mine. Looking at you, Keegoz. <_<

Ahem, congratulations and all that jazz! ^_^

Some of us have to sit here a look pretty. We can't have people looking at a bug man all day can we?

Congrats on your amendments!

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

democracy never is a form of dictatorship, it is to create more diversity against any form of government thus letting the government to bring them into one bundle.

Back to the topic, this flag do have a hidden meaning for promoting dictatorship, and what if I turn the big star upside down?

Edited by Arthur James

Anything that streamlines the bureacracy, is a plus. However the aspirations and right to self determination by the people should be balanced. As I see it, you're doing the best, likely with low activity and participation.

sinsig.png

Grand Moff Hirohito of Dromund Kaas