P&W apple app?

Speaker Faris Wheeler

Considering that coding an app requires a multitude of different programming languages, probably not for a long time, if at all.

Honestly, P&W doesn't seem like the type of game that would appeal to 'phone-only' players. These types are games are designed for a niche market, especially those who are consistent users of internet forums, IRC, and other 'text-based' games.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1
<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey

Considering that coding an app requires a multitude of different programming languages, probably not for a long time, if at all.

Honestly, P&W doesn't seem like the type of game that would appeal to 'phone-only' players. These types are games are designed for a niche market, especially those who are consistent users of internet forums, IRC, and other 'text-based' games.

Just my two cents.

Ever heard of "Safari"? It a browser that Apple devices have. :)

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Just my two cents.

Not to mention that there are countless app games with this exact same concept that are far more visually pleasing. Clash of Clans and Spartan Wars to name a couple. I remember Atlas Horizons had an app. Overall, the app was pointless to download because it was simply the exact same thing as opening your browser and visiting the website.

That being said....

These browser based text games aren't even worth turning into an app.

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Ever heard of "Safari"? It a browser that Apple devices have. :)

No, I have never heard of Safari. As a matter of fact, I don't even know what 'Apple' is.

But seriously, why not just use Safari?

it would be easy to make an app that quick links to the page, or contains multiple links within it for ease of access on a phone (the links on the side are so tiny). It might also be a good way to spread word of the game.

Edited by stealthfox2

Need to boost your income?

New country without enough funds to really get started?

Come and buy or sell stock with us!

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3840-general-stock-market/

it would be easy to make an app that quick links to the page, or contains multiple links within it for ease of access on a phone (the links on the side are so tiny). It might also be a good way to spread word of the game.

Except it would literally be the same as using your mobile browser... Unless someone was willing to change the whole interface solely for the app which is bound to cause bugs and problems. (Even most website apps I've downloaded have bugs and are only a more inconvenient/simplified version of the actual website). Then you would have to get it onto Google play or whatever the Apple store is, which I don't think is a super simple thing to do.

That being said, I can totally identify with people who play this on phones. I've played these games on phones for about a year straight and it can get rather frustrating, but I don't really think an app is going to improve your experience much more than what you have now. I would actually just recommend buying a PC. Hell, buy a used one, even if it's plagued with viruses and just reformat it to save yourself a bunch of money. 

But hey, if Sheepy wants to make an app, he can make an app. I just don't really think it's worth the time/money invested.  

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Just my two cents.

Apps usually use 1 language, sometimes multiple depending on how the app is made. Over over-complicates what should be a simple app.

Myself and sheepy are making a json api. I plan to make a python api wrapper and attempt to make an app for this game.

Edit: This app would be android only. I find developing on IOS a pain. I most likely will actually be using python, via http://kivy.org/#home

Edited by Dolphman
  • Upvote 1

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

No, I have never heard of Safari. As a matter of fact, I don't even know what 'Apple' is.

But seriously, why not just use Safari?

One reason is Because that way you have the option of paying for donation without a credit card, but an ITunes card

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Apps usually use 1 language, sometimes multiple depending on how the app is made. Over over-complicates what should be a simple app.

Myself and sheepy are making a json api. I plan to make a python api wrapper and attempt to make an app for this game.

I actually smiled when reading this. When do think it'll be out? And also, will it be available on google play for android devices?

• Upvote 1

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

I actually smiled when reading this. When do think it'll be out? And also, will it be available on google play for android devices?

Yeah, what he said

Development for the app wont start until I finish my module first (which has yet to even start development as me and sheepy are still working on the json).

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

Edit: This app would be android only. I find developing on IOS a pain. I most likely will actually be using python, via http://kivy.org/#home

But wouldn't making an app for the game overcomplicate the goal of creating a seamless mobile experience? If Sheepy really wanted to improve the experience for mobile devices in a time efficient manner, he could just make the website fluid to fit any window size. Coding an app seems like overkill in all honesty.

Not to mention that even /if/ an app is created it would only be available on Android.

Edited by Iodine
  • Upvote 1

And is the interface going to be exactly the same? If so, don't bother. (Like seriously, there's absolutely no logical point at all).

If you can change the interface to be more mobile friendly in a considerable way, and are willing to do so, go for it. But otherwise, it's really a waste of time.

One reason is Because that way you have the option of paying for donation without a credit card, but an ITunes card

Clearly, apple is outdated technology then. We all have androids these days.

Not holding my breath, but even then, wouldnt download it.

Development for the app wont start until I finish my module first (which has yet to even start development as me and sheepy are still working on the json).

Refer to top of this comment.

Overall, and I'm being sincere here, there is no point in making an app unless you can refigure the entire interface for mobile while not causing problems. Because in general, this game is really not too hard to run on a default android browser as is. But even if it is, it still makes more sense to find an old PC and reformat it. (Assuming you get the PC itself for free) Its free and makes an old PC like new again. Then all you need is an internet connection and tada!!

EDIT: And even if you made this app the most mobile friendly you possibly could, there are still countless other apps out there that are far more popular than this. Just keeping that part clear.

I watched AH and it's mobile friendly app (I honestly think it was made mostly for me) and it was a joke.

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Agreed - I mean if people are downloading an app, they most likely have an iPad/tablet/iphone....etc which can just easily use safari or their selective web browser and play the game. I had an iPhone 5s, which allowed me to play the game just fine on it - I know have the iPhone 6 plus, which obviously makes it a lot better to log in as the screen is larger. 

Personally, I just feel that this game does not need an app...

• Upvote 1

First, creating such an app yourself is very time consuming. Having one created is very costly. I don't think returns on this game are enough to afford such a thing.

Second, it is much easier to open PW on a phone browser. Just bookmark it.

Third, even if an app is developed. The potential market for it is very small.

Edited by Niklaus

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

First, creating such an app yourself is very time consuming. 

Honestly once they've created the APIs that Dolphman mentions, making an app won't be that difficult. It's not like the game would require a bunch of flashy animations or anything, most would simply be using the API and creating the appropriate interface for it.

Also very appropriately I'm getting an add for android app development courses :P

EDIT: Damn you for beating me to it, Dolphman :P

Edited by Zoot

Well, I haven't tried making one myself so I'd know. I had heard from a friend that making phone apps was quite time consuming. I guess he meant apps with graphics, games type of stuff.

Yeah, it all depends on what you want to make. Basically for this app, you already have all the basics down seeing as the game is already implemented and functioning, but if you had to do all of that from scratch...well you can imagine the kind of work that goes into making a game such as this one :P

• Administrators

I'm working on creating a more mobile friendly and responsive version of the site. Probably won't ever have an app.

For testing, see: https://politicsandwar.com/indexbootstrap.php?id=5

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm working on creating a more mobile friendly and responsive version of the site. Probably won't ever have an app.

For testing, see: https://politicsandwar.com/indexbootstrap.php?id=5

Perhaps not made by you.

• Upvote 1

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS