Mafia Game 1 (OOC) Thread

Grillick

There is trouble in PNW Village. The mafia is muscling in. Will the villagers save themselves by lynching the mobsters? Or will the mafia kill them all one-by-one?

This seven-player mafia game will have the following roles:

1 cop

2 mobsters

4 townies

Sign-ups close in 48 hours, or when 7 players sign up, whichever comes later.

Post your interest, and a one-sentence description of your character that tells us something about his/her background, interests, and skills.

Additional characters will be added if more than 7 people sign up during the 48-hour window.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

(Whaddya mean by interest?)

I am Nao, retired Captain of the navy who is known for being stern and decisive.

(C'mon guys, can we get some cowards or something up in here? You'd better be a coward, coward!)

Edited by The Captain Nao

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

I'm interested.

I'm Sean Aengus Ian, a hard drinking fourty-something Irishman known for his temper and strict adherence to his personal morals.

((Hey, never said I wasn't a coward.))

Edited by SAI-40

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

Cato Publius, came back from university to take care of my dieing mother.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Okay, I'm closing sign-ups now with 7 players, but I'd like this thread to stay open for OOC discussion. Feel free to post any questions about game mechanics here, or privately by PM if you don't want anyone to guess your role based on your question. The IC thread will be up in a short while.

Okay, the IC thread is up. Post anything you like in the IC thread (as long as it's IC), and say whatever you want. Accuse anyone you want. If you are voting to lynch someone, put their player name in bold.

(ooc) Can we just not vote for a round or two?

You can, but it's inadvisable. The townsfolk are more likely to randomly select a mafioso for death than the mafia is to kill one of their own at night, so skipping an execution always benefits the mafia.

When a person is executed and you say their pockets are searched for evidence and nothing is found - that doesn't mean whether someone was part of the Mafia or not right?

Like even if the correct person was killed we aren't privy to that information until after the game, correct?

In this game, that is correct. It's a variant rule that isn't always used and isn't always disclosed.

If you had not killed any mafia, the game would be over because the mafia would outnumber the villagers. If you had killed both mafia, nobody would have died last night.

Edited by Grillick

In this game, that is correct. It's a variant rule that isn't always used and isn't always disclosed.

If you had not killed any mafia, the game would be over because the mafia would outnumber the villagers. If you had killed both mafia, nobody would have died last night.

Ok thank you for clearing that up.

You would not.

Is a cop forbidden from revealing his role?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

No, but it is inadvisable for him to do so, lest he announce his identity to the mafia.

I'm aware, I was just curious if, assuming the cop was alive, he could reveal who he was so we could get a 50% chance of catching the mafia member, instead of 33%

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

So as of right now there is:

• a 50% chance that there is a mafioso, a cop, and a townsperson.
  • a 50% chance that there is a mafioso, and two townspeople.

Correct?

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse