Nuclear Meltdown

elsuper

Just noticed this in the Nuclear Plant description:

"Nuclear power brings the threat of a nuclear meltdown."

It looks like no one is big enough yet to make Nuclear Plants cost-effective, but did anyone experience this in Beta? If so, what does it consist of?

hxvRjGK.jpg

Just noticed this in the Nuclear Plant description:

"Nuclear power brings the threat of a nuclear meltdown."

It looks like no one is big enough yet to make Nuclear Plants cost-effective, but did anyone experience this in Beta? If so, what does it consist of?

Ive been wondering the same exact thing.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

are no one has yet to be hit with such a melt down 0.0

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

I had nuclear plants during beta and speed round but never experienced a meltdown, maybe it occurs when you run out of uru? and the results from the meltdown could probably be devastating.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Ideally it should destroy your nuke plant(s) in that city and then block you from rebuilding them there for a specified period of time which can be dubbed clean up. I would suggust this was measured in weeks not days of real time too as clean up is a long job IRL.

Yes i do mean all nuke plants in the city are gone as IRL you generally have one plant with multiple reactors so you would lose more than one at a time. Perhaps it could be capped at two per city.

Meltdown of nuclear plants is an overblown concern in modern times. Right now where we are in game time it should be a concern, but by the time we get to the 90s and 00s, it shouldn't be.

Edited by Grillick

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I think we should forget about it all together. To be fair, Nuclear Plants are very costly as it is and I don't think it would be fair to have a possibility to be punished simply for having a Nuclear plant built. At most, a meltdown should only destroy the power plant and no further infrastructure.   

• Upvote 3

I think we should forget about it all together. To be fair, Nuclear Plants are very costly as it is and I don't think it would be fair to have a possibility to be punished simply for having a Nuclear plant built. At most, a meltdown should only destroy the power plant and no further infrastructure.   

Yeah, the meltdown was probably a relic idea from back when nuclear plants had no infra limit for which it could power.

• Upvote 1

It should completely destroy your city, IMO. Just look at Pripyat, completely devoid of human life. Most evacuated, but still. Should remove that city from your nation, effectively.

Maybe a long-term (in game time terms), severe increase in pollution?

hxvRjGK.jpg

im looking forward to a chernobyl incident if sheepy decides to add the meltdown.

• Upvote 1

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Nuclear plants already cost a ton, making them actually meltdown would make them useless because it wouldn't be worth the risk. However if you tweak them a bit and make them a lot more cost efficient I wouldn't  be totally against the idea. 

Nuclear plants already cost a ton, making them actually meltdown would make them useless because it wouldn't be worth the risk. However if you tweak them a bit and make them a lot more cost efficient I wouldn't  be totally against the idea.

The meltdown description was there sense beta and that was like over a year ago and i dont think this will be implemented or sheepy is to lazy to add it so i wouldnt worry about meltdowns any time soon

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Sounds like something I forgot about. Having an incredibly low chance of them "melting down" might be fun, though. 

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

if this meltdown feature is added then it should effect other nations because meltdowns cause radiation leaks and that spreads through the air to neighboring nations.

if this meltdown feature is added then it should effect other nations because meltdowns cause radiation leaks and that spreads through the air to neighboring nations.

The nations in this game don't have borders, so it's not a relevant mechanic.  Aside from a basic geographic area, we don't know who our neighbors are.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like something I forgot about. Having an incredibly low chance of them "melting down" might be fun, though.

Until it does become part of the game, could you remove the line about a meltdown from the description in-game?

• Upvote 1

c3Ct0v4.png