8/27/2014 - Player Survey and Donation Bonuses

Alex

• Administrators

Hi guys! I've added a short 5 question player survey in-game that once completed will give you a $50,000 bonus to your nation. This little survey is just so I can learn more about you guys (the players) and see what I need to do to improve. I promise I'm not selling your data to big corporations or anything like that, it's all for analytical purposes.

Secondly, I'm announcing the upcoming donation bonus for September. Starting September 1st there will be a donation option available on the donate page to pay $15 to get a $300,000 bonus to your nation (only available for September, limit 1 per nation). It's a very small amount so as not to be gamebreaking, but beneficial enough to encourage players to donate. I just had to pay a huge bill for the server and hosting costs, so I'm looking to make up a lot of money and get us out of the red here in September. More donation options will be added as the game progresses.

For those of you who are very much against the idea of "pay to win" mechanics: 

1) Each nation can only receive one donation bonus per month. This limits each nation to receiving a maximum of $300,000 through real life purchases. If you're feeling spendy and really want to help out the server, you're welcome to put in donations for other nations' as well, but they are under the same limit of 1 donation per month regardless of who makes the donation.

2) The money is important. I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't important for the game to survive. I spend a lot of time and have invested a lot of my own money into this game to get us to where we are, and now that we've come this far I'm hoping I can stop paying for things out of pocket and have the game be funded by itself.

3) The concept of "trickle down economics" does apply here. Even if you don't donate (not saying you shouldn't) some of the money that was donated for will end up being spent on resources in the market. More buyers means higher prices, so if you're selling resources it's entirely possible you'll see prices and profits go up as other people donate (granted your bonus won't be as much as theirs, but that's only fair).

4) I was originally going to do donations for $1,500,000 for $15, but players voiced their concerns and I agreed that such an advantage wouldn't be fair. As such you'll now only see a $300,000 donation option.

Thanks guys, and as always reply with your feedback!

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

There's a link to it in the notification on your nation page. I don't have a link to it anywhere else, so it's kind of hiding in plain sight. The direct link is: http://politicsandwar.com/account/survey/

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

There's a link to it in the notification on your nation page. I don't have a link to it anywhere else, so it's kind of hiding in plain sight. The direct link is: http://politicsandwar.com/account/survey/

Why didn't you put the link in the changelog as well?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

P2W was eventually going to come, let the divide, begin!

it's only 300k

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Thanks for completing the survey! You have received a $50,000 bonus to your nation. Your information will be kept private and simply used for site analytics. You can see some neat information about Politics and War players here.

Average Age of P&W Players: 24

I call bullshit. You need to add in a way to see the median age.

• Upvote 1