Donation Suggestion Thread

Grendel

If you have a donation option you feel should be added to the game. Use the template below and reply with what you think should be added as a donation option. 

Donation description:

Price(USD):

Effect:

SglhOah.png

Former Staff

Donation description: 1% income bonus is added for each dollar donated. The bonus expires after one month.

Price: $1 per 1%

Effect: Most players could afford to donate a few bucks and receive a decent bonus. There would be a wide range of donation amounts that that would precisely fit what each player is able and willing to pay. The big spenders wouldn't receive a huge jump all at once, if the bonus is paid out as income over time. I believe this no min/no max and every increment in between, would bring in a ton of money from players that normally wouldn't donate. And larger amounts from regular donators.

• Upvote 2

Donation description: Tier your donations.

Price(USD): Variable

Effect: Not everybody wants to spend $15 bucks. I'm not trying to say you should implement microtransactions, but I do think having donor levels would be prudent so that the donation system can be efficient for persons of multiple income levels.

Tier 1: $5.00 USD

Result: $200,000 cash

Tier 2: $10.00 USD

Result: $300,000 cash

Tier 3: $15.00 USD

Result: $350,000 cash

Every $5.00 extra, you get an increasingly less amount by half. The first $5 gets you $200,000, the next $5 gets you $100,000 more, and the final $5.00 gets you another $50,000 to make it $350,000. Because you can only donate once per month, those who want to get the maximum bonus would spend the $15.00 to get it anyway, while the less fortunate users, college students, etc. could still get a decent bonus for just $5.00 or $10.00 off the top of a paycheck one week.

You want to get your money back and have this game run itself? This will help you to do that.

• Administrators

Donation description: Tier your donations.

Price(USD): Variable

Effect: Not everybody wants to spend $15 bucks. I'm not trying to say you should implement microtransactions, but I do think having donor levels would be prudent so that the donation system can be efficient for persons of multiple income levels.

Tier 1: $5.00 USD

Result: $200,000 cash

Tier 2: $10.00 USD

Result: $300,000 cash

Tier 3: $15.00 USD

Result: $350,000 cash

Every $5.00 extra, you get an increasingly less amount by half. The first $5 gets you $200,000, the next $5 gets you $100,000 more, and the final $5.00 gets you another $50,000 to make it $350,000. Because you can only donate once per month, those who want to get the maximum bonus would spend the $15.00 to get it anyway, while the less fortunate users, college students, etc. could still get a decent bonus for just $5.00 or $10.00 off the top of a paycheck one week.

You want to get your money back and have this game run itself? This will help you to do that.

This is a good suggestion, next month when I announce the donations for October I'll see about doing something more tiered. The problem with doing $5 donations, however, is that PayPal takes are a hard cut of it along with a percentage. Larger donation amounts (even $10) are much more cost-effective from my side.

Anyway, for next month maybe something like:

$10 - $300,000

$15 - $400,000

$20 - $450,000

$25 - $475,000

$25 - Reset City/Project Timer

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just FYI not sure how many donations you'll get from the top with them amounts. I make 200k a day ATM n by the end if the month will make easily over 350k a day. Not gunna donate 25 dollars for a day and a bits revenue. City timer reset is good but again doubt you'll see that used by the top as the main problem isn't time its money ATM. Just FYI

T7Vrilp.png

can I suggest you accept Western Union as a form of remittance for donation? is much easier for me if you can. pay pal is just isn't popular here. Western union is like a bank remittance. I wired the amount, you go to the bank to collect it then process the transaction. much easier then pay pal.

another form I could think of is Money online. (MOL)

these are the two top option people here used to remit funds . please do consider them sheepy.

Would it be possible to reduce the costs for a custom portrait fro m 10$ to 4-5$ ?

Or let it remain at 10$, but add 200000 ingame-cash to it.

I considered getting one, but it's far too overprized for that small a gimmick.

Especially i don't recall having seen it on anyone except yourself Sheepy, to this moment :o

Edited by Wilhelm II

• 3 months later...

I wonder if it will ever be possible to buy resources with a donation, instead of money.

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

Especially i don't recall having seen it on anyone except yourself Sheepy, to this moment :o

There are a handful of people who have it. I thought it was $5 though, was it raised?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Would it be possible to reduce the costs for a custom portrait fro m 10$ to 4-5$ ?

Or let it remain at 10$, but add 200000 ingame-cash to it.

I wonder if it will ever be possible to buy resources with a donation, instead of money.

There are a handful of people who have it. I thought it was $5 though, was it raised?

Its' ten bucks, and I personally have it. I'm also hugely against adding money to this one. It is cosmetic, pure and simple, and I really feel like it should remain as such. And frankly, I don't really see a problem with it remaining at ten bucks. Maybe a better solution would be to tie the in-game portrait to the forum profile picture. That way, once you donated (once) you could change it whenever you like.

EDIT: It wouldn't even be that hard to do. Just have the portrait URL be:

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-####.png
where #### is the player's forum ID (mine is 1018) Edited by Grealind
  • Upvote 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I think that the prices for custom flags should be dropped, custom flags for countries should be dropped from $10 to $5 and alliances should be dropped from $20 to $10.

More people would be willing to buy custom flags for them or there alliances.

• Upvote 1

"Head-shots for days"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it should be...

$10 - 2.5 mil and 100 infra

$20 - 5 mil and 300 infra and 100 land

$30 - 7.5 mil, 500 infra, 300 land, +10% efficiency to improvements

$40 - 12mil, 800 infra, 600, land, +15% efficiency

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are some extreme bonus'. How would you distribute the land and infra?

It depends on where the most money comes from. My perspective is I have already donated enough for my usage and 4 or so million isn't really worth it. I can wait a few days for that.

Ive rethought my previous post...perhaps spread the infra to +25, +50, +75, and +100 infra and land for each city per donation amount.

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

Or better yet just give a small bonus on top of the cash credit that raises with each additional credit...ergo...

1 credit = $750,000 and infra and land cost 1% less for 20 days

This could stack up to 6 times since a nation can use up to 6 credits per month

• Upvote 1

can we get more for each donation?

1 credit = 1 mil

6 credits = 6 mil

max of 6 credits per month

also, give everybody who has already used credits the money they should have

1.5m for 12 bucks seems like a bit of a rip off at this point

• Upvote 1

Donation description:Alliance Construction Shield. Shield lasts for 7 days. No member of that alliance can be attack and no member of that alliance can attack anyone else. The shield can only be activated when you form the alliance, if you agree to it, the required amount of credits will be withdrawn from your account. If you do not have enough, then the shield will fail. Once the shield is shut down, then it can never be reactivated for that alliance.

Donation Price: 10 Credits

EFFECT: No one in that alliance can be attack or start an attack.

"Head-shots for days"

• 4 weeks later...

Just that it doesn't get forgotten.

fbfa7svp.png

Price: 1 Credit per 4/5 citys unlocked

But  those slots should be unlocked forever, not just for 1 pic upload, then new donation -> Renaming citys makes old pic useless

• Upvote 1

This is a good suggestion, next month when I announce the donations for October I'll see about doing something more tiered. The problem with doing $5 donations, however, is that PayPal takes are a hard cut of it along with a percentage. Larger donation amounts (even $10) are much more cost-effective from my side.

Anyway, for next month maybe something like:

$10 - $300,000

$15 - $400,000

$20 - $450,000

$25 - $475,000

$25 - Reset City/Project Timer

So when I donate I'm not going to get several million but instead only several 100k? What is this? People buy donations so we can build our nation, not get money we can get in a few hours.

mx5U7tN.jpg

1 credit could buy the following;

500 land in a city of your choice

Increase income by 1% per credit for the month.

Credits could be redeemed for the same reward you get when you refer someone to the game.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

• Alex unpinned this topic