Question about IQ alliances

Kastor

21 minutes ago, hydraik said:

Otoh there's our enemies like TGH who only seem to want to attack alliances that they outclass on at least 6-8 cities. Yes that sounds like allot of boring fun. Wait boring fun? Why would i want that? No thanks I'll stick with my friends.

You attacked us by attacking AO, don't be discourteous when you lose. The rest of your post is fair, but lose the salt

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

22 minutes ago, Rogue said:

You attacked us by attacking AO, don't be discourteous when you lose. The rest of your post is fair, but lose the salt

That's your cb? A war that happened over a month ago I think? One that happened to an alliance you were not associated with. One with an alliance in similar size that ended after like one round I want to say. Both sides barely took damage I think. I might have a few facts mixed up anyhow that's you're cb seriously?

Not to mention you having a huge city advantage on us and you being #10 and we were #26 at the time of attack and you still needed 2 other alliances to attack with you? 

Sorry not trying to be salty here really just saying you have a cb genuinely surprised me.

Edited by hydraik
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, hydraik said:

That's your cb? A war that happened over a month ago I think? One that happened to an alliance you were not associated with. One with an alliance in similar size that ended after like one round I want to say. Both sides barely took damage I think. I might have a few facts mixed up anyhow that's you're cb seriously?

Not to mention you having a huge city advantage on us and you being #10 and we were #26 at the time of attack and you still needed 2 other alliances to attack with you? 

Sorry not trying to be salty here really just saying you have a cb genuinely surprised me.

Welp. Don't know about others. But I was told I get to yell people and war. They got me with that. I'm a simple man liking simple things like wars.

• Upvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

1 hour ago, hydraik said:

Otoh there's our enemies like TGH who only seem to want to attack alliances that they outclass on at least 6-8 cities. Yes that sounds like allot of boring fun. Wait boring fun? Why would i want that? No thanks I'll stick with my friends.

Or perhaps we're hitting alliances that sit behind the treaty web and only exist as a name when it comes to it.

Trust me, the city count had nothing to do with this decision.

Sidenote: The one time I considered you folks as IQ, I was immediately corrected~

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

We didn't just attack TUE hydraik, we also attacked Polaris and OWR and eventually had sexual relations with Cerberus and a couple other small guys. You fighting three alliances and we have been fighting 3-5? Calling us wimps really? That's not a very good excuse or a way of looking at things.

The wimps thing was a little hot headed and I immediately edited it after posting. But you only attacked alliances that had nobody that could touch your top 50-30% including yourself. And you had other alliances join in with mid tiers to control the rest.

19 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Several alliances have tried to build relations with IQ and give them an alternative to the status quo. TKR, TCW etc etc, however being involved in those talks, they're completely unwilling and never came into those relation building talks in good faith. They were comfortable with the status quo.

Sounds like you're talking about a minority and assuming it for the majority tbh.

13 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Or perhaps we're hitting alliances that sit behind the treaty web and only exist as a name when it comes to it.

Trust me, the city count had nothing to do with this decision,

Sidenote: The one time I considered you folks as IQ, I was immediately corrected~

Yes we have been perhaps too slow to come to war but it's not that we were afraid of it or purposefully trying to sit it out. We just haven't seen the opportunity. I actually am somewhat glad to be in this war just seems distasteful when i see 3 20+ city nation's filling everyone's slots above 10 cities.

If it was even just iom and rw vs just TUE I think everyone involved would be having allot more fun. 

Edited by hydraik
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, hydraik said:

If you mean something that happened 2 weeks ago sure, it happened a few days before the war. Looks like a good CB to me.

• Upvote 2

settradirect.png

59 minutes ago, hydraik said:

So I'm not in IQ but I'm being attacked as if we officially were. Here's my answer the people we're allied to are our best friends in the game and we haven't had any trouble with them. They've been great pals. While most of the rest of the game seems to be consisted of mostly just idiots that we don't seem to get along very well with. Personally I don't find pointlessly memeing the same thinking for weeks on end to be well fun. I hang with the type of people who make the game fun for me. People are going to be running from server to server for the next few weeks being idiots yelling I'm Polaris and thinking themselves funny. Why would I want to be on the side of the war that is essentially super easy to win and full of idiots.

Polaris - our greatest ally in this game always with us. Don't see how we could ever end that treaty or betray them.

OWR - we have had nothing but great experience with them as well they're cool peeps who love trading

Cerb - we had great times but allas they're now defunct

Zodiac - also now defunct but they were nice and cordial

BK - it's a new treaty that only happened because of the zodiac merger we'll see where it goes from there

Have you, yourselves, tried though?

My time here is short, but between a wiki and these past threads, i can learn much. What i have learned, tells me that past enemies have come to your side as potential friends before, from what i can tell - they did not behave in the ways you find such an annoyance - yet they were turned away.

It is easy, to demand change in others to fit your need. To actually force that change, is most often near impossible. To change yourself however, to better fit and find what you look for, is a task neither simple, nor in-conquerable.

You don't need to side with people you despise just for a change, if you want change, if you want to have more friends, if you want to be on a side - any side - which isn't betting victory on some long odds stakes you see in anime, the world is not devoid of opportunity.

You need only wish to seek it. I would suggest doing so, as great as fun as your friends are, not many will play a game they always seem to lose, two allies of yours have past in part to reasons like this. To find new friends, and play a game which you can now win, is surely a better option than this.

Sure, perhaps instances, like TKR which someone has mentioned, did not approach you personally. But it is evident they seek change, it is evident, that you may benefit from some. No time like the present, to give a try, you can tread water only so long, before you drown. It is time to swim.

Best of luck to you, especially in dealing with the Mongols here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Robert E Lee said:

If you mean something that happened 2 weeks ago sure, it happened a few days before the war. Looks like a good CB to me.

Hmm seems you're right 3/12 thought it was longer ago i dunno i didn't really get a chance to participate doesn't even look like the first round finished.

1 minute ago, Lairah said:

Have you, yourselves, tried though?

Yes we have a few occasions most of our tries with others seem to spontaneously fail. We don't seek to rule anyone out. One of my favorite treaties was Entiti Rorupei who was in the EMC sphere but they spontaneously combusted.

I don't think we're actively pursuing any new friends right this moment especially since we're in the middle of a war. But we don't seek for treaties purely with those currently connected to IQ. Can't speak for everyone else.

4 minutes ago, hydraik said:

Hmm seems you're right 3/12 thought it was longer ago i dunno i didn't really get a chance to participate doesn't even look like the first round finished.

Yes we have a few occasions most of our tries with others seem to spontaneously fail. We don't seek to rule anyone out. One of my favorite treaties was Entiti Rorupei who was in the EMC sphere but they spontaneously combusted.

I don't think we're actively pursuing any new friends right this moment especially since we're in the middle of a war. But we don't seek for treaties purely with those currently connected to IQ. Can't speak for everyone else.

It is good to have made some progress, even if it had to fade quickly.

I suppose it would be some time then before it ends, be sure to never close your mind to the possibilities, and remind old friends and old enemies of the same.

This is strange, i feel almost like Iroh now.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Then, let's consider the issue of "Secret treaties". A large part of the OWF a few months back was discussing how the remnants of what was once EMC had secret ties with each other, and that if IQ were to push for offensive maneuvers, they would counter. Exactly that has come to pass. 

Secret treaties is the dumbest thing I think I've heard in a long while. The entire point of paperless agreements (which I doubt people actually have, but I'll humour the point) is that you can walk in and change their mind with a concerted effort. Instead, TI keeps saying "oh they're still together" to hide the fact that they don't want to put the work in, which forces everyone else to work together lest they be picked off one by one. Sounds like a typical self-fulfilling prophecy to me.

1 minute ago, Cheedows said:

After seeing this post I've seen the error of my ways. My past 3 years at BK have been misguided, shortly after this post I will leave and join the exalted alliances that Kastor promotes. Thank you Kastor, for showing me the true meaning of this game that I've been blind to all this time. 

cheedows meet mmr

tf you doing being active

Edited by LordStrum
  • Upvote 3
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

Just now, LordStrum said:

Secret treaties is the dumbest thing I think I've heard in a long while. The entire point of paperless agreements is that you can walk in and change their mind with a concerted effort (which I doubt people actually have, but I'll humour the point). Instead, TI keeps saying "oh they're still together" to hide the fact that they don't want to put the work in, which forces everyone else to work together lest they be picked off one by one. Sounds like a typical self-fulfilling prophecy to me.

Didn't claim they were right in the first portion. I was one of the more outspoken ones against the whole "secret treaties" narrative in the beginning. This war just defeats that narrative. On the "pick you off one by one" part: it was stated repeatedly that IQ has not done anything, and has not been willing to do anything. How do you mesh that stance, with the stance that IQ will suddenly become competent and pick off alliances one by one? Then, you have this war. If the idea was to show IQ that the world was not banded together against them, was forming a coalition against them the way to prove that? Ask these questions.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Didn't claim they were right in the first portion. I was one of the more outspoken ones against the whole "secret treaties" narrative in the beginning. This war just defeats that narrative. On the "pick you off one by one" part: it was stated repeatedly that IQ has not done anything, and has not been willing to do anything. How do you mesh that stance, with the stance that IQ will suddenly become competent and pick off alliances one by one? Then, you have this war. If the idea was to show IQ that the world was not banded together against them, was forming a coalition against them the way to prove that? Ask these questions.

Wasn't trying to say you were claiming that, just wanted to get that off my chest tbh. This is probably the first time it has come up, so figured I'd put it down for the record.

1 minute ago, Tiber said:

We do it for the memes. 

at least you still know what's up

• Upvote 3
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum.