The Golden Shower

Arkiri Arch

6 minutes ago, Queen M said:

Big Brother Smith is watching. The same dude that blew up IG’s and KT’s spot got y’all again, but y’all were dumb enough to drop your shit at his front door. TWICE in less than 24 hours.

Goddess, cleanse us now.

Trying to hop on the bandwagon to piss us off for swooping up your princess? 

Go look at that channel and tell me I was actually being a toxic shit when I posted that lmbo, I was sending puppy photos and spelling all kinds of words with emotes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Partisan said:

Trying to hop on the bandwagon to piss us off for swooping up your princess? 

Go look at that channel and tell me I was actually being a toxic shit when I posted that lmbo, I was sending puppy photos and spelling all kinds of words with emotes. 

What bandwagon? I have a princess? Wrong alliance, friend. Plus, thought y’all were already pissed at one thing or another. Another cherry won’t topple that sundae.

I don’t need to go on an expedition of finding slurs you like to use and to whomever they’re directed. I’m good, thanks.

• Downvote 2

Is that supposed to be some evidence of wrongdoing on my end or are you just posting random screencaps that don't make your point at all

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, rey said:

Is that supposed to be some evidence of wrongdoing on my end or are you just posting random screencaps that don't make your point at all

I don't know, you tell me.  You know the context to it.

Kek, you will never match me for offensive or edge. I am the edgemaster.

@Arkiri Arch

Defend yourself fam, once you realize you cannot be stopped, you win.

m5alvRs.png

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

I don't know, you tell me.  You know the context to it.

Que? Am I owned because I don't know the relevance of wanting shitty people to die on shitty people being racist?

• Downvote 2

59 minutes ago, rey said:

Que? Am I owned because I don't know the relevance of wanting shitty people to die on shitty people being racist?

You are 'owned' as you say, by your own hubris, perhaps you ought join Pantheon, they are greek themed, no? Greek heroes often fall because of hubris, you see, thus my suggestion.

It may take a disgusting, and awful person to truly believe that another person should be lesser to, and subjugated by him because of mere skin color.

It also, however, takes a monstrosity of a person, to believe that the lives and liberties of people should be ended forthwith at his whim, will and reason, merely because they do not agree with him.

The former is the basis to start slavery. The latter, genocide. You may not want genocide. Racists may not want slavery. But if you will judge them, and their right to live, on what their ideas, and beliefs, may become, it is only fair the same be done for you.

Whatever your political and philosophical stance may be, i daresay, this is one case where most ought be able to agree - you should have listened Nietzsche. I am afraid my friend, you spent so long fighting the monsters without a mirror held to your face,that you became just another species of their kind.

Racists are awful, but, frankly, so aren't people like you. You should be called out for what you believe, and looked down on for it, just as much as the others you have pointed to here.

I do hope this answered your question, if this explanation was not detailed enough, you need only ask.

Edited by Lairah
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

This is spiraling into nonsense. Rey said he wanted Nazis dead. Not a radical thought. If people wanna be mad at that, but not expletives...ooohhhhkay.

Mods, please lock. It's just gonna get worse. 

There's a difference between wishing physical harm and verbal abuse.  Sure, both are bad, but neither have a leg up on the other either too.

In this situation, one admitted to their mistake, while the other is clearly owning up to it and encouraging it.  Feel free to take from that what you will.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Queen M said:

This is spiraling into nonsense. Rey said he wanted Nazis dead. Not a radical thought. If people wanna be mad at that, but not expletives...ooohhhhkay.

Mods, please lock. It's just gonna get worse. 

It becomes more radical when one considers the current reality of the political and social climate, one where people who are very obviously not nazis, nor even right wing, are assaulted on the basis of... being nazis.

This of course ignoring that wanting someone to truly die is borderline psychopathy. Especially when their only harm done is saying things you, nor anyone else likes. Most cultures, as it happens, do consider the literal desire for others to be exterminated for their beliefs rather extreme actually. You'll note, nazis, whom you're talking about, also had literal desire for that same thing.

Doesn't make you a nazi, doesn't necessarily make you any better than one either. If you're ok with being on the same level as them, go forth.

If you wish to underplay the actual meaning of this, go ahead, but, it only triggers a cliche of arguments - the "Ah, but you only proved my point!" one - everybody's favorite.

I think the overarching point here should be yet another overused quote, "Before you point at someone else, look in the mirror.", especially when it ends up comparing insensitive jokes to actual desire for bloodshed. Those things are incomparable.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

If y'all believe I am a legitimate racist, nazi, or any other foul human being, I invite you to message me on discord and get to know me. Just because a person makes an ill suited offensive joke does not automatically make them whatever tag you wish to put on them. Does that make all people who make 9/11 jokes terrorists? I've owned up to my mistake, said I'm in the wrong, and even agreed with you guys on this you still spout the same bullshit and spin things to make me look like a horrible person and it gets to a point where you are literally lying and making stuff up to help your false case, for example calling me homophobic. Where have I said something homophobic? Also, I said a pretty harsh word that offends people in the context of a joke, for all of you acting like you know what actually happened when you wasn't there. Wishing me to die because I said an edgy joke? I sure hope you don't browse too far into the internet with your sweet and innocent school girl eyes. 

• Upvote 2

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

in the middle of owning responsibility did you consider that still whining about how you're being treated for doing something isn't owning responsibility for it

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, rey said:

in the middle of owning responsibility did you consider that still whining about how you're being treated for doing something isn't owning responsibility for it

Read what I've said and try again.

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

also nobody said anything about wanting you to die, even -- please do not attempt to garner sympathy from an out of context screenshot that was specifically in a conversation about nazis; it's low even from someone who thinks they can hide behind edgy humor

Edited by rey
  • Downvote 3

@Arkiri Arch You crossed a line when you took things from IC into the realm of OOC, joke or not. You can't really be surprised people are now reacting in an OOC manner and questioning your character. I personally don't think you are a "nazi" or had any malicious intent (even if your joke was stupid), but you are better off just reiterating your apology and exiting rather than rising to defend yourself and engaging in whataboutism.

Too everyone else, if there is evidence of anyone else in TGH doing something similar to this, feel free to DM me it and if it is an actual concern, it will be handled. While I'm hardly a moral busybody (I tend not to care too much what political or otherwise opinions people hold), I'm not a fan of people bringing their OOC bullshit into the game. This goes the other way also, don't expect people to care about your OOC baggage with other players and tip-toe around it. I'm not going to be particularly surprised if people attempt to use this incident as a brush to paint the moral character of the entire alliance, but I won't tolerate that either.

People really need to learn how to separate their OOC from their IC.

• Upvote 4

XLL3z4T.gif

6 hours ago, Lairah said:

It becomes more radical when one considers the current reality of the political and social climate, one where people who are very obviously not nazis, nor even right wing, are assaulted on the basis of... being nazis.

While I don't dispute that wishing death upon Nazis is a radical thought to a lot of people (radicalism isn't always a bad thing), I hope you don't seriously believe rey was referring to people who are erroneously referred to as Nazis as opposed to actual Nazis when he said that. If so, that's a failing of your cognitive abilities. It kind of seems like you're trying to make what he said worse by implying that he's actually talking about being okay with people that aren't really Nazis dying, which is rather slanderous. What people need to understand is that in the far-right, groupings such as neo-Nazis, Falangists, fascists and so on have a lot of overlap when it comes to what they believe in. Anyone should be able to perceive the similarities between such ideologies. Thus, Nazi merely becomes a convenient umbrella term referring to anyone that espouses reactionary views and beliefs.

6 hours ago, Lairah said:

This of course ignoring that wanting someone to truly die is borderline psychopathy. Especially when their only harm done is saying things you, nor anyone else likes. Most cultures, as it happens, do consider the literal desire for others to be exterminated for their beliefs rather extreme actually. You'll note, nazis, whom you're talking about, also had literal desire for that same thing.

This is just gaslighting. You're trying to imply that because he wants Nazis dead and that because Nazis want people dead, they are just as bad, which is ridiculous. Do you really believe that the prisoners being starved, gassed and worked to death while locked up in Nazi concentration camps felt that the liberating armies of the British, Americans and Soviets were just as bad as the Nazis who put them there? If your answer is yes, you need to think long and hard about what that means. You might say that wanting Nazis dead for merely speaking their minds is over the top, but that only means you have failed to learn from history and that you don't acknowledge the monumental risks involved with allowing neo-Nazis and similar movements to spread and propagate their hatred. You are free to choose to sit idly by while the risk of a return to far-right authoritarianism increases around the Earth, but don't presume to judge those of us who feel compelled to act against these hateful people because we value the lives of human beings. If some Nazis have to die to save entire groups of people from ruthless slaughter, then that is a price anyone should be willing to pay. Besides, there's a very easy way Nazis and the like can rid themselves of any threat of violence against them; they can stop being Nazis. That's all it takes. On the other hand, the people Nazis want to exterminate, like Jews and people of color, can never stop being what they are until they die. It's beyond preposterous to equalize those who would use violence to protect human beings with those who would use violence to exterminate them.

As for wanting someone to die, you do realize this is an extremely common thing among human beings? It's an observable phenomena in human society. I reckon that if we did a survey of P&W players and asked them whether or not they'd be okay with mass murderers, serial killers, rapists and pedophiles being murdered, a lot of them, if not most of them, would be perfectly okay with it. That's not to say that they'd be willing to murder these people themselves but if someone did do so, they probably wouldn't mind a whole lot. Even you are probably okay with some people being killed as long as you see them and their acts as vile enough. Maybe this doesn't fit with your imagined hippie wonderland where violence is never necessary or justified and everyone gets along perfectly all the time, but that is the real world, the real humanity and the sooner you learn that, the better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg