Resource Value Estimates are Extremely Incorrect

Lilac Veritas

As the title suggests, the in game calculations of resource value in the Revenue tab, and the Profit per Slot calculations on the Resources tab are very much incorrect.

First consider the raw resources.
It gives the following for oil: Expected Daily Profit per improvement at a market value of $4,765 PPU: (3 Oil/day * 50% Bonus * 3784 PPU) - $600 Operating Cost = $22,104.00
I have 12 oil wells, so 4.5 per well. Firstly it gives 2 market prices, secondly the estimate is too high.
Using the given prices we get 20842.5 for 4765, 16428 for 3784, and in my own person numbers where I use the lowest selling price (4220) I got $18,390.00.
Note that ALL of these numbers are below 22k and that the actual profit is below 19,950.  If it was 22k it would be profitable to cut Shopping Malls and Subways for Oil, at 18.4k it is not.

Now consider the revenue tab.
I have 19 cities following the same build of 72% commerce, maxed oil, gas and uranium production, and the projects for gas and uranium. I make no food and face 20/1 taxes.
I make $1,700,429.78 in cash and the game says the total revenue with resources I make is worth $2,926,205.99.
I wont break dowm the math here too much but with 1692 tons of gas per day thats 6.4 million alone, and whilst I lose 400k to food, by my math I make just over 10 million, with the market prices of the lowest selling offer.

The given numbers spit in the face of mathematics at best, and at worst force nations into poor builds. I know you want nations to produce resources but lying about the profit isn't great, especially when the given equation doesn't even match the answer.

• Upvote 2

As you sow, so shall you reap

I already wrote it in the P&W Discord channel but was suggested to put it here as well, so:

The difference between my NET INCOME and my MONETARY NET INCOME Shows $1.771M, which seems totally off. I am producing goods worth more than $13M daily (used ressources already substracted)  and I am wondering how exactly the difference of the $1.7M is calculated.

Edited by Joe Baker

16 hours ago, Joe Baker said:

I already wrote it in the P&W Discord channel but was suggested to put it here as well, so:

The difference between my NET INCOME and my MONETARY NET INCOME Shows $1.771M, which seems totally off. I am producing goods worth more than $13M daily (used ressources already substracted)  and I am wondering how exactly the difference of the $1.7M is calculated.

Cost of buying in resources?

LTcxGHN.jpg

No costs as I produce all ressources myself.
However, I understand now that manufactured goods are not included in the MONETARY NET INCOME but only raw materials.

But that raises the question, why this new figure was implemented in the first place as it is meaningless and superfluous.

• Administrators
On 3/9/2018 at 7:20 AM, Joe Baker said:

No costs as I produce all ressources myself.
However, I understand now that manufactured goods are not included in the MONETARY NET INCOME but only raw materials.

But that raises the question, why this new figure was implemented in the first place as it is meaningless and superfluous.

The Monetary Net Income figure should include the value of produced manufactured resources. I'm checking it for typos/bugs now.

On 3/8/2018 at 3:38 AM, Lilac Veritas said:

First consider the raw resources.
It gives the following for oil: Expected Daily Profit per improvement at a market value of $4,765 PPU: (3 Oil/day * 50% Bonus * 3784 PPU) - $600 Operating Cost = $22,104.00
I have 12 oil wells, so 4.5 per well. Firstly it gives 2 market prices, secondly the estimate is too high.
Using the given prices we get 20842.5 for 4765, 16428 for 3784, and in my own person numbers where I use the lowest selling price (4220) I got $18,390.00.
Note that ALL of these numbers are below 22k and that the actual profit is below 19,950.  If it was 22k it would be profitable to cut Shopping Malls and Subways for Oil, at 18.4k it is not.

The Oil figure was using the average price for Coal in one spot, so I've fixed that, thanks.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Looks like the resource values were off by a factor of 12, so that has been fixed now.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You should change it to display the value of net resources after tax, or at least add that too.

EDIT: According the tooltip that is what its supposed to be? That is still wayyyy off that is true. 

Edited by Sketchy

XLL3z4T.gif

• Administrators
On 3/15/2018 at 1:18 AM, Sketchy said:

You should change it to display the value of net resources after tax, or at least add that too.

EDIT: According the tooltip that is what its supposed to be? That is still wayyyy off that is true. 

It does not include alliance taxes. I.E. It's the total value, as if you were not losing anything to alliance taxes.

Forums Rules | Game Link