No shade (but some legit questions from a mere pleb)

Queen M II

55 minutes ago, durmij said:

Fair point. Still begs the question, why stay?

Where to go? From my perspective majority of IQ hates TKR/TCW, and TKR offers no plan other than “join us and the game will be fairer.” Which just weakens whatever alliance leaves position in the game because IQ still dominates the mid tier.

KT is a solid choice, but still has the same problems of no SIGNIFICANT increase in power. Plus any mid tier alliance joining would be pretty bare there.

Going alone is an okay choice, but most of IQ doesn’t have the government for it.

The other options are Guardian or Nuke bloc, which are fine but poses the same problems that KT-sphere would pose. 

Another, far out option would be an IQ split, but it wouldn’t be reasonable to assume as they all get along fairly well and it offers no significant advantages.

So the average IQ alliance has no real reason to break up/leave IQ.

• Upvote 3

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

11 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Where to go? From my perspective majority of IQ hates TKR/TCW, and TKR offers no plan other than “join us and the game will be fairer.” Which just weakens whatever alliance leaves position in the game because IQ still dominates the mid tier.

KT is a solid choice, but still has the same problems of no SIGNIFICANT increase in power. Plus any mid tier alliance joining would be pretty bare there.

Going alone is an okay choice, but most of IQ doesn’t have the government for it.

The other options are Guardian or Nuke bloc, which are fine but poses the same problems that KT-sphere would pose. 

Another, far out option would be an IQ split, but it wouldn’t be reasonable to assume as they all get along fairly well and it offers no significant advantages.

So the average IQ alliance has no real reason to break up/leave IQ.

Idfk.gif

Kastor speaks naught but truth.

• Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

1+2+4) TJ collected many whales with experience and ability to blitz a coalition with very few upper tier nations (compared to the total) not ready to fight, I would be surprised if this wasn't the result

Add this to the fact that for IQ it is counterproductive to fight in this situation and it is way better just to hide where for TJ is too risky to downdeclare et voilà, meme war where a side hide in the middle tier, another side hide in the whale tier, and Buorhann in the middle

3) Nothing better to do

5) No because actually NPO was right and this is the proof, everything in the upper/whale tier can only be used for suicide attacks, they cannot compete with the other powerhouses like TKR, KT, t$ (rip), TJ, TCW, Rose, Guardian, Pantheon, etc. (maybe if they blitz but sure not if they are blitzed and not ready)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

When it causes more damage than the alternative.

This is not that case, however. 

Losing your pixels is not the worst fate, by far. Even if you're only looking through an in-character lens. Pixel protection is becoming paramount as the political personalities of our world lose interest and go inactive, but I promise you it is a road already traveled and it's both boring and ineffective.

Arrgh's continued existence ensures the later, at least. ;)

Edited by Holton

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

The issue with these alliances I see now, is that they just got their asses handed to them. Why would anyone want to ally them now?

There was extremely little fight here from alliances like CS, there is no incentive to really take them. They don't fix the issue of what IQ imposes as a meat grinder if they were to leave and in any war they'd be easily swarmed by the top tiers of alliances who really don't have a lot else to hit in IQ.

Going alone won't work as they'll likely be raided. Honestly there are only a handful of things that can happen for them.

1) Competent leadership that turns the alliance around, making them more valuable to outside alliances wanting to ally them

2) They could actually build a lot of nukes and attempt to join Nuke bloc

3) They merge or disband, or the most likely outcome, get rolled out of existence

Edited by Keegoz
  • Upvote 3

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

5 minutes ago, Holton said:

Losing your pixels is not the worst fate, by far. Even if you're only looking through an in-character lens. Pixel protection is becoming paramount as the political personalities of our world lose interest and go inactive, but I promise you it is a road already traveled and it's both boring and ineffective.

Arrgh's continued existence ensures the later, at least. ;)

I never stated pixel protection was/is the wise choice.

12 hours ago, Queen M said:

Orbis, help me out. With all the shenanigans on the forums lately I'm second-guessing myself and my deductive reasoning skills. Can someone please confirm or dispel these falsehoods for me?

1. Is all of IQ seriously losing to Terminal Jest? A 20-something member alliance is winning against....half the game?

2. If that does turn out to be true....WHAT?! HOW?!

3. EMC broke up because of....what now?

4. What has everyone been so afraid and skittish about if one alliance of 20-25 members can roll an ENTIRE BLOC?

5. Can we name this "The PLZ GIT GUD War"?

What am I missing? Please help.

1: Not really, IQ should come back in round 2 if they aren't completely useless. They've certainly under-performed though. IQ was never going to win the first round because they were jumped and slotted by larger nations. 

2: See above.

3: Because some people were naive enough to believe IQ might split if EMC did. EMC lacked the numbers to take on IQ directly alone in the correct areas and neutrals in this game are content to sit on the sidelines.

4: They haven't, see above. They attacked IQ's upper tier, where IQ is weaker. IQ is dominant in lower areas by a larger margin. IQ can't do anythng but wait for defensive slots to open up and pick them off in Round 2. But assuming IQ isn't completely inept they should easily take them all down in round 2 with updeclares. 

5: Terrible name. Git Gud at naming.

• Upvote 6

XLL3z4T.gif

8 hours ago, Holton said:

And I thought Kayser was acting embarrassingly... Since when did self-defense become counterproductive?

Self-defense is good

Self-defense without thinking is not good

Fighting on Jest territory is stupid because you just expose your nations to their downdeclares, and IQ also have to minimize the damage, if they damage their top 200 nations to win the war is a defeat anyway, and every updeclare is a suicide attack for the first 3 nations

So IQ has to give up for the first round on the upper tier and recover by hidding those nations between the wall of 14-16 cities where downdeclares for the whales are impossible or too risky, then they have to start updeclares and slowing trap Jest nations in their meat grinder coordinating beige to avoid a rebuild, when the lower half of Jest is trapped and neutralized those upper tier nations can raise again all together and start hitting the whales

And you have to do all this thinking about your economy without using too many resources and damaging many nations, so for IQ a situation with a peace in few days even with only half of Jest ZM is better than a long war that maybe requires 2 weeks to finally reach guys like Ace with his 30 cities, and with a risk of another alliance/coalition who joins the war, there's already Arrgh who joined Jest (not officially, they are just using this chance to raid IQ, but still another alliance hitting them)