No shade (but some legit questions from a mere pleb)

Queen M II

9 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

1) Yep

2) I don’t even know...maybe the answer is just Buorhann

3) idk

4) Losing pixels 

5) sounds gud

I should've just come straight to you, Zeebs. You always have the answers to everything!

• Upvote 1

I have no idea how I became a meme of this war.  I didn't even organize any of it.  I literally joined in at a last minute request and started with a 2-3 day built military.

I was just having fun making Kastor a Princess.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I have no idea how I became a meme of this war.  I didn't even organize any of it.  I literally joined in at a last minute request and started with a 2-3 day built military.

I was just having fun making Kastor a Princess.

Tczm7w9.png

• Upvote 3

settradirect.png

1 hour ago, Queen M said:

Orbis, help me out. With all the shenanigans on the forums lately I'm second-guessing myself and my deductive reasoning skills. Can someone please confirm or dispel these falsehoods for me?

1. Is all of IQ seriously losing to Terminal Jest? A 20-something member alliance is winning against....half the game?

2. If that does turn out to be true....WHAT?! HOW?!

3. EMC broke up because of....what now?

4. What has everyone been so afraid and skittish about if one alliance of 20-25 members can roll an ENTIRE BLOC?

5. Can we name this "The PLZ GIT GUD War"?

What am I missing? Please help.

It all boils down to a cultural victory. A lot of alliances have spent so long complaining that the odds are overly-stacked against them that, despite fact, they have talked themselves into losing.

The fact that the majority of the game (IQ) has no forum presence should tell you everything you need to know. The silence is deafening.

Edited by Holton
  • Upvote 2

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

15 minutes ago, TheNG said:

As it turns out, you can answer these questions yourself pretty quickly in just a few easy steps. I'll even walk you through it!

1. Log into the game (This may sting a little, but just bear with it, trust me).

2. Go to the members page of any IQ AA (let's take BK as an example.)

3. Look at how many members are being rolled, how many are perfectly fine, and how many are doing some rolling themselves (the answer may surprise you)

4. You can check any other alliance in IQ, or just do a little bit of extrapolating. Now, did a 20-odd member alliance literally destroy all of IQ in one punch, save the game, cause treaties everywhere to stop existing, and gift every whale 8 new cities?

5. Throw out everything I just said, because I'm obviously a bought and paid for IQ shill who's merely quoting the words Roq programmed me to repeat. Praise Dynamism!

So basically...IQ truly just needs to git gud?

I suppose a follow up question upon further reflection is...what exactly is the point of IQ if you don't use your strengths to politic or war better so that you all don't get shown up and embarrassed like this again? 

Or more simply, are you and your colleagues planning to be taken seriously after this? If so, how? 

8 minutes ago, Queen M said:

I suppose a follow up question upon further reflection is...what exactly is the point of IQ if you don't use your strengths to politic or war better so that you all don't get shown up and embarrassed like this again? 

Or more simply, are you and your colleagues planning to be taken seriously after this? If so, how? 

Queenie, Im quite certain that you have first hand knowledge of what we are capable of. Heck you hated our meat grinder. I think that answers all of your questions actually lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Queenie, Im quite certain that you have first hand knowledge of what we are capable of. Heck you hated our meat grinder. I think that answers all of your questions actually lol

I am not shading you or the NPO grinder, bb ?? I suppose I'm wondering what's the point of consolidating the way IQ has if you're not going to use your advantage to shut everyone up and end the the discussion about gitting gud.

1 hour ago, Queen M said:

Well, if it's a serious reply ya want, then...

Who's embarrassed? Can't speak for everyone, but I don't think anyone in IQ is particularly embarrassed by this lol. They've never been a top-tier powerhouse, so a bunch of competent top-tier nations coordinating well will obviously be able to do some damage, as we've seen. I'm having a fun little war shooting nukes and shitposting on the forums personally, not much to be embarrassed about. A war is a war. 

At the end of the day, people who didn't take IQ seriously before will use this to validate their beliefs and still won't take IQ seriously, people who took IQ seriously before probably still take them seriously. Anyone who doesn't take IQ seriously is free to attack them whenever they like, particularly if it'll be a cakewalk as you seem to believe Terminal Jest has shown. Nobody has though, so I guess that means some people still take IQ seriously, eh?

On an unrelated note, imagine for a moment that the pinnacle of your entire PnW career is posting lovely pictures of salt after someone's joke post, then running off to Papa Partisan to brag about how clever and funny you are so he'll give you a nice pat on the head. A sad existence indeed, do you need a hug Robert?

Edited by TheNG
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

54 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I'm gonna assume these were legit questions haha.

IQ isn't losing as a whole. Most of their nations aren't involved in this conflict at all. Their upper tier has lost (which was not exactly a foregone conclusion, but the most likely outcome from the outset).

I think most would agree they're underperforming, though. And a mix of that and the fact that they're mostly radio silent on the forums probably makes it look worse.

And yes, they were legit questions. I'm not in the loop with the big movers and shakers so I'm wondering...how? Thanks @Spaceman Thrax 

1 hour ago, TheNG said:

On an unrelated note, imagine for a moment that the pinnacle of your entire PnW career is posting lovely pictures of salt after someone's joke post, then running off to Papa Partisan to brag about how clever and funny you are so he'll give you a nice pat on the head. A sad existence indeed, do you need a hug Robert?

If you think that, it’s obvious you’ve never had a Partisan head pat. It’s totally worth it. 

• Upvote 5

image.jpg1_zpszukhjtut.jpg

The Redneck Caliphate of Forrest's Critters

1 hour ago, TheNG said:

Well, if it's a serious reply ya want, then...

Who's embarrassed? Can't speak for everyone, but I don't think anyone in IQ is particularly embarrassed by this lol. They've never been a top-tier powerhouse, so a bunch of competent top-tier nations coordinating well will obviously be able to do some damage, as we've seen. I'm having a fun little war shooting nukes and shitposting on the forums personally, not much to be embarrassed about. A war is a war. 

At the end of the day, people who didn't take IQ seriously before will use this to validate their beliefs and still won't take IQ seriously, people who took IQ seriously before probably still take them seriously. Anyone who doesn't take IQ seriously is free to attack them whenever they like, particularly if it'll be a cakewalk as you seem to believe Terminal Jest has shown. Nobody has though, so I guess that means some people still take IQ seriously, eh?

Hey TheNG. You know I wouldn't throw shade at you, but the reaction so far from all of my opponents (both in aggressive wars and defensive wars) has been disappointing.  Two completely rolled over and didn't participate even though they had vastly more planes than I did.  Out of 9 wars so far, there's only one that I'm seriously at risk of losing (mad props to Titan) and one other war where they are actively dismantling my ability to make war (it's still to be seen whether or not they will "win"). Don't get me wrong, it's not always easy to find qualified people to counter, but the fact that after 4 days I still have a serviceable military is kinda sad....I could understand if everyone was about even in terms of numbers of planes, ships, troops, and what not, but realistically, I've been basically zero'd out on planes for days now.  Oh well....perhaps it's just experience playing here and I'm used to being quickly ZM'd.

Obviously people should take IQ seriously but the ability to coordinate an effective resistance to what's been happening is disheartening.

Edited by Bambino
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, durmij said:

4. They aren't rolling the entire bloc, just the loot rich exposed upper tier. The better question is, why is CS still in a bloc that won't/can't protect them, especially after their wholesale massacre in Git Gud Friday?

I would argue that CD isn’t really in danger here as much as Acadia is/was. Maybe a bigger % of CS nations were upper tier, but Acadia definitely bled more from this war.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1 minute ago, Kastor said:

I would argue that CD isn’t really in danger here as much as Acadia is/was. Maybe a bigger % of CS nations were upper tier, but Acadia definitely bled more from this war.

Fair point. Still begs the question, why stay?

Durmij rounded it up pretty well. There was no doubt that IQ would have their asses handed to them in a situation like this (an attack from a mainly high-tier alliance on their higher scoring members) for the first days. However, IQ can unevenly trade with TJ (heavily so), simply because they can more easily replace losses. Eventually, their members will be dragged one by one and be perma pinned on the mid tier. There's little TJ can do about this, other than to make it as costly as possible. 

As such, TJ definitely not aiming to win this war. Rather, their goal is to dish out as much damage as they can before being wiped out. How much damage they'll be allowed to do largely depends on how long it takes for IQ to get their updeclares going.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi
Derp
  • Upvote 4

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

11 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

Durmij rounded it up pretty well. There was no doubt that IQ would have their asses handed to them in a situation like this (an attack from a mainly high-tier alliance on their higher scoring members) for the first days. However, IQ can unevenly trade with JS (heavily so), simply because they can more easily replace losses. Eventually, their members will be dragged one by one and be perma pinned on the mid tier. There's little JS can do about this, other than to make it as costly as possible. 

As such, JS' definitely not aiming to win this war. Rather, their goal is to dish out as much damage as they can before being wiped out. How much damage they'll be allowed to do largely depends on how long it takes for IQ to get their updeclares going.

What the frick is JS.

• Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif