Declaration of War

Willam von Waldreich

Just now, Eugene Faulkner II said:

There are always two paths...you chose this one. 

Is what it is.

/shrug okie dokie

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'm just procrastinating for a paper I have to write at this point.

1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

helpful hint,

when declaring a war on a guy that has you dominated in air, but you have him on ground you should open with a ground attack to even out the air odds, and not a naval attack.

I could just wait out and nuke him...but I find that to be little fun.

Besides...I thought you guys new I was crazy? 

Oh well...you will now :D

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

i have no idea who you are, but it looks like who you are is a person that has no idea how to win a 1 on 1 war with the way you are going.

You have your opinion and I have mine...I think that is fair.

qAFfwLo.gif

7 minutes ago, Eugene Faulkner II said:

You have your opinion and I have mine...I think that is fair.

Translation: I'm going to be a complete idiot and no-one's going to stop me until I become 100% retarded!!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

6 minutes ago, Peter Quill said:

Translation: I'm going to be a complete idiot and no-one's going to stop me until I become 100% retarded!!! 

You sound so sad. 

But I enjoy comments like these...they remind me that there are people out there that truly lack an sense of humor, humanity, or even common sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

qAFfwLo.gif

I get raiding is raiding, its part of it and that's all fine and dandy. I think everyone raids at some point or at least thinks about it...I mean kind of makes the game fun you know. But at some point you got to protect your peeps...I probably will get rolled...again part of it has happened to many people before and will happen again. But no one can say I didn't at least try to defend my members.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

qAFfwLo.gif

Yeah that's fair tbh and I respect the decision. Realistically I don't think it would be that hard to find a protector considering you have a decent score and active members, though if you want to go it alone, well its going to be a bumpy road but I can respect that too.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

i find it amusing that people still form micros without getting protectors

i mean, there are very few occasions where you can get away with it...CoS being an alliance that comes to mind...but considering the lack of global wars leading to everyone having a war boner, you literally could have picked any top 40 AA to protect you and this all would have never have happened and you could be using your future rebuild money to help grow your alliance

to each their own

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Hope said:

i find it amusing that people still form micros without getting protectors

i mean, there are very few occasions where you can get away with it...CoS being an alliance that comes to mind...but considering the lack of global wars leading to everyone having a war boner, you literally could have picked any top 40 AA to protect you and this all would have never have happened and you could be using your future rebuild money to help grow your alliance

to each their own

Nah it's way better to be super serious and self-righteous

• Upvote 1

eStUYHv.png

See, this kind of situation is why solving the problem of unstable equilibrium is so critical. Band of the Hawk is doing something that is absolutely necessary if we are to see a playable political and military landscape: they're waging war and defending themselves independently of the major blocs. Without this behavior, we ultimately won't have more than one or two sides in the game.

The problem is that due to their independence, they have infinitely fewer resources than SK can call upon and therefore will lose any conventional warfare no matter what they do, unless they're bailed out by someone else. So their options are down to A. feeding resources to anyone that wants to and is able to raid them; B. fortifying to avoid allowing the guys raiding them to get profit out of or at least break even on constant raids; C. hide their alliance bank and keep a minimal stockpile per nation; D. join or get protected by a top bloc; or E. delete and quit P&W.

If we remove B or C as options, then no-one will ever be able to compete unless their bloc can and does take down and keep down all competition, potential or actual. This would make everyone's game experience absolutely terrible, both for the farmers and the farmed. That's why we need options for anyone to be able to effectively resist anyone else, no matter what their differences in paper or resources or membership may be. This doesn't need to be fortification necessarily, it can also be something like a number of resources that can't be looted in war, like I'd suggested here:

Good luck BotH, never give up never surrender o7

Edit: I forgot to mention that this should really be called a recognition of hostilities, rather than a declaration of war.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
Let the mechanics allow micros to resist big blocs T^T
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1