Yet Another Lordaeron Announcement

Kynlo

Lordaeron Lordran Lordaeron Announcement:

Article 1: We are having spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Article 2: There will be meatballs in the sauce and a gluten-free option.

Signed: Kynlo Gorge Charlie Traveler

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Charlie Traveler said:

Lordaeron Lordran Lordaeron Announcement:

Article 1: We are having spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Article 2: There will be meatballs in the sauce and a gluten-free option.

Signed: Kynlo Gorge Charlie Traveler

omnom, I want meatballs.

14 minutes ago, Zhen said:

Who?

You!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bezzers said:

Not even witty comments from me, or anyone else for that matter,  can make this post worth reading. Please bring kastor back before your own allies roll you or something. 

Fairly sure doing that would MAKE them roll us...

Also...you completely missed the point of this post...

3 minutes ago, Kynlo said:

Also...you completely missed the point of this post...

I understand the point, it was so ridiculous that I chose to ignore it 

• Upvote 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

14 minutes ago, Mad Max said:
12 minutes ago, Bezzers said:

What, you want me to point out that you're trying to bait people and troll? Nice dude. Quality stance for an alliance high gov member to have. 

Even if you want to deny it and go 'hur-hur you're stupid, it was actually this!' we all know that it's what it is. I know it, you know it and so does everyone that's reading the thread. 

Congrats, ya baited me :P

------------------------------------(lines cause this quote thing is broken and this isn't what Mad Max said)-------------------------------

(I dunno wtf happened to this quote but...yeah)

Actually, you're pretty much spot on...it was primarily trolling (although, no baiting intended), whilst including an underlying message of sarcasm based on the oversensitiveness of people within this forum.

If a forum post doesn't interest you...what purpose does it serve for one to respond, if not to bait the original poster into a debate?  One should simply just move on to the next post which actually interests them, and perhaps add something useful to the conversation rather than the same old regurgitated drivel time and time again.

I guess I was expecting too much though.

(Apologies for the ping here MadMax - this message is directed at Bezzers and has nothing to do with your message at all.  Simply a broken quote box)

Edited by Kynlo
  • Downvote 11

18 minutes ago, Kynlo said:

How did you know? Did someone leak that plan to you?

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

The reality of the situation is that certain things are, for whatever benign reason, expected to be posted on the forums.  When they are posted, you get the same handful of people regurgitating the same messages in as many different ways as they can find.  

For myself, and many others, this is rather tiresome and really leaves no wonders why newer members stray away from the forum, and up leaving the game altogether.  The overwhelming "holier than thou" attitudes mixed with cancerous attitudes towards others, leaves absolutely no room for a sense of fun.

It seems that some people have forgotten that this is, after all, a game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Kynlo said:

The reality of the situation is that certain things are, for whatever benign reason, expected to be posted on the forums.  When they are posted, you get the same handful of people regurgitating the same messages in as many different ways as they can find.  

For myself, and many others, this is rather tiresome and really leaves no wonders why newer members stray away from the forum, and up leaving the game altogether.  The overwhelming "holier than thou" attitudes mixed with cancerous attitudes towards others, leaves absolutely no room for a sense of fun.

It seems that some people have forgotten that this is, after all, a game.

This is a game? I thought this was reality and everything else was a game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

Just now, Bluebear said:

You're pretending that Lordaeron is a real alliance? Shouldn't this be in the role play section?

Isn't (by the very nature of playing this game) everything technically roleplay?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kynlo said:

Isn't (by the very nature of playing this game) everything technically roleplay?

Well I wasn't expecting to have to defend a joke but I guess you could say that everything outside of the actual mechanics of the game do indeed constitute role-play. Not literally everything though

13 minutes ago, Kynlo said:

(I dunno wtf happened to this quote but...yeah)

Actually, you're pretty much spot on...it was primarily trolling (although, no baiting intended), whilst including an underlying message of sarcasm based on the oversensitiveness of people within this forum.

If a forum post doesn't interest you...what purpose does it serve for one to respond, if not to bait the original poster into a debate?  One should simply just move on to the next post which actually interests them, and perhaps add something useful to the conversation rather than the same old regurgitated drivel time and time again.

I guess I was expecting too much though.

To define Internet trolling, your standard Wikipedia definition is:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement. 

Baiting is also described as 'to deliberately annoy or taunt someone' 

Consider thyself baited by my holiness. 

In all seriousness, we know its a game. We are here to have fun. But there comes a point where what's fun for you, isn't for anyone else. It's not about trying to take the higher ground, or baiting each other into retaliation. There's just a time and a place and your OP was completely off any kind of accepted community topic standard, if I'm picking up the right vibes. I'm more than sure that there is somewhere else you can take this kind of post to alleviate your boredom. 

(pls forgive hyperlinks I'm on mobile) 

Edited by Bezzers
  • Upvote 2

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil