What is the most important step a man can take?

TheCreepyLurker

Guest Karl VII

"what is the most important step a man can take"

I went into this thread thinking I would find profound answers to lifes most difficult questions, now i am semi disappointed.

On 1/16/2018 at 0:49 PM, King Dabs said:

I know I've only been been playing this game since August but I swear I've seen this before. Oh yeah in STW when they declared war on the US. I assume things are different here so maybe something will actually happen ?

In STW? This happened in a game that never existed? Odd. 

Also TKR, brilliant move - moving post creepy. 

12 hours ago, James II said:

Waiting to see how Inq spins this and signs 10 treaties in response.

No need. They already spun everything that happens between the Rose cancellation and the next war. Haven't you been paying attention? It's all just fake moves designed to make Status Quo sphere (or EMC if you wanna use the bad name) look like they want change. In reality all the treaties still exist in paperless form and nothing has changed!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Zoot said:

No need. They already spun everything that happens between the Rose cancellation and the next war. Haven't you been paying attention? It's all just fake moves designed to make Status Quo sphere (or EMC if you wanna use the bad name) look like they want change. In reality all the treaties still exist in paperless form and nothing has changed!

I really have no idea if this is sarcasm or not from you.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Buorhann said:

I really have no idea if this is sarcasm or not from you.

I'm not sure I would call it sarcasm exactly. I mean I am quite serious when I say that there are people in the government of IQ alliances that genuinely believe that all of this is a ruse to get IQ to split. It isn't just spin or a party line, it is what some people actually believe.

Now if you're asking me if I believe that. Nah.

But if you try to look at it from that perspective and couple it with the fact that this period of peace is an advantage for IQ because it allows them to move up their kill zone, then the inaction from IQ makes perfect sense. If you're convinced that the sides for the next war is more or less set in stone, regardless of what the treaties read, and postponing that war for as long as possible is an advantage for you, then why would you act?

17 hours ago, Who Me said:

Neither does he.

I am a mystery.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Zoot said:

I'm not sure I would call it sarcasm exactly. I mean I am quite serious when I say that there are people in the government of IQ alliances that genuinely believe that all of this is a ruse to get IQ to split. It isn't just spin or a party line, it is what some people actually believe.

But if you try to look at it from that perspective and couple it with the fact that this period of peace is an advantage for IQ because it allows them to move up their kill zone, then the inaction from IQ makes perfect sense. If you're convinced that the sides for the next war is more or less set in stone, regardless of what the treaties read, and postponing that war for as long as possible is an advantage for you, then why would you act?

I am a mystery.

!@#$ing HIT PLSSSSSSSS

bw0643E.gif

2 hours ago, Zoot said:

Oh, I completely understand that perspective.

That's why I mentioned much earlier in another thread that IQ should hit a random previous EMC/Syndisphere alliance to test the waters and see it for themselves.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Oh, I completely understand that perspective.

That's why I mentioned much earlier in another thread that IQ should hit a random previous EMC/Syndisphere alliance to test the waters and see it for themselves.

yeah but if IQ brings in 700 nations on one alliance I dont think the rest of Orbis will respond kindly

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2018 at 11:42 PM, Vack said:

Whilst I'm not blind to the virtues of this push to artificially "make Orbis interesting again", you guys surely realise that there's some irony to how you're going about this. The aim of the movement is to encourage more politicking and diplomacy in Orbis, but the method chosen to deliver this has been for alliances to actively dissolve treaties earned through politicking and diplomacy. It's like you're saying the work of FA brains in the past was somehow not good enough or interesting enough.

Instead of actively weakening/ dissolving Easy Mode, a coalition that wasn't really hegemonic in the first place, it would've been better to just go ham on trying to become a hegemony and provide a legitimate reason for IQ to hit. They either do nothing to prevent it and willingly subjugate themselves or they declare war and we get the interesting political landscape we all want to see. And all the same to IQ, there's no sin in targeting your competition where you see an easy war. It's our mistake for going against the natural priorities of an alliance, so if you wanted to hit any of the great powers of Orbis now it would be totally winning for you. EMC members voluntarily cancelling their treaties non-multilaterally is totally dumb, and just leaves a power vacuum that by default is filled by IQ. Unless IQ does the same, this is all for naught.

Collecting treaties like they're beanie babies in the 90's isn't the same as building a hegemony.

Look at the population you're dealing with. Having more than two or three obligatory ties to anyone is effectively putting this game into gridlock. IQ has, what, five alliances as members? That's basically half the active population of this game... It's not really hegemony when more than half of the population is a member of the "ruling class", at least in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg