possible a new level to the game?.

Doughnuts

I would like to see something like in Rome empire (if i recall rightly) Where you had to fight a rival and if you made the wrong choice your main leader was replaced with the rival ( you as the player maintain total control however) who had different perks such as 1% boost to Econ, -1% to troops and so on, this would add a whole new level to the game i believe. (this would be vs AI not a player)

If a nation leader being replaced is to much, then maybe a Mayor for each city, and each mayor can have two plus effects and 2 negative effects, this would add a whole new level to the game, think about a mayor who has plus 5% income but infra cost 10% more to buy or a mayor that boost moral of troops meaning that each solder accounted for 1.2 of a normal troop totally epic for a Pirate, it also boosts how much resources you obtain, however each soldier cost twice the normal amount to train, maximum tanks are now set at 0.5% of population down from 1.5%, clearly the more cities you have the less powerful each mayor is. this would help the growing or the small nations to grow as well as help and make the game a little bit more fun for the maxed city guys