New things tested

Micchan

I am working on some war changes related to the introduction of the Bounty system. Due to the nature of the system, Fortify must be nerfed so as not to reduce resistance; otherwise Bounties could never be effective as the target could pick and choose who defeated them. Fortify has been reduced to 3 MAPs in cost, and increases opponent's casualties by 25% instead of 10%.

Because Fortify is nerfed and people cannot choose to not lose a war, Beige damage and loot has been reduced to 4% Infra damage, 10% Money loot, and 4% Resource loot. These are then affected by War Types, so for example, a Raid war would destroy 1% Infra and steal 10% money and 4% resource loot. An Attrition war would destroy 4% Infra and steal 2.5% money and 1% resources. Ordinary wars would destroy 2% Infra and steal 5% money and 2% resources.

You also cannot claim a Bounty unless you declared the war after the Bounty was posted. This is to prevent abuse as well, by placing bounties on someone who is about to lose a war in an effort to transfer cash.

I am working on some detailed war reports. This is currently available for Ground Battles, and will be available for other battle types soon.

Posted by Alex 12/27/2017 10:50 pm

Looks bad to me, better change the bounties instead of changing the war system to make bounties work better

For example having bounties for an X ammount of infra damage, or for X number of units destroyed, so you can get the bounty and at the same time the other player can avoid to be beiged and looted

Fortify is too powerfull in some cases like updeclares, because if the big nation updeclared is fast at fortify the opponent's casualties will be 25% higher is a situation where their casualties are already high for the size disadvantage

Also @Alex every day on the test server I become grey, it doesn't keep the color, and some days ago I won 2 wars but I did not recived the bounty (yes, was the right war type)

• Upvote 6

I think bounties should just be a different type of war entirely. So you can have normal wars and bounties as well.

And I agree with miccahan. Change bounties not fortify and beige damage.

Edited by Ryleh
  • Upvote 2

Wait...

I disagree in principle. People should be able to decide whether or not they get beiged, otherwise bounties just become OP. The point of Fortify is that people can avoid a beige if they get countered (in case of raiding) or went inactive and someone decided to raid them. By taking away Fortify it becomes much easier for the aggressor to overpower their opponents.

Also this makes the effects of beiges way too small. Then it becomes too easy to recover from a beige.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 2

So first you make different kind of wars because tears and that sweet infra destroyed.Where you can chose that you go for infra dmg or loot.
Then you further nerf the loot we get from them, and change fortify so we cant escape beige.

Wouldnt it be easier just to delete wars or Arrgh?

• Upvote 2

I do think this would grossly harm arrgh, but that's not really the point. 
I do think there should be either wars focused on destroying infra (maybe 12-14%?) and wars focused on taking loot, but neither of them should be as nerfed as they are.

I also think fortify is important as it is really the only tool someone that is losing has to survive. 

I think bounties should be focused on something other than beiging, such as destroying an amount of military or infra or money stolen, which can be done regardless of someone fortifying. 

• Upvote 3

changing the war system for bounties is dumb all together. bountiesarent needed. the war system is fine. 

removingfortity will only mean that if you are winning day 1. youcant lose. with fortify you can see a war hit a "turning point" just like real wars. 

bounties if they must stay should be for infrastructure destroyed. and they should recieve the money if they are  blockaided as otherwise we could waste the money on keno and actually get a return for the time spent. 

• Upvote 2

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

4 minutes ago, DragonK said:

He knows where to find us. I'd advise talking to Ripper, for he is the most rational and objective one among us.

Wow DragonK, mean. 

@Alexif you plan to nerf all of that just to add bountys, maybe better to just drop bountys, no?

How about we leave fortify as it is, except do increase the opponent's casualitys.

Want to split wars to be different types? Good. The ordinary as is the war now. The attrition one gives up on half the loot to get more damage done and the raid does the opposite. But do we really need it? We already got War Policys for this?

Bountys? Alright. Add them. So what if people can't beige someone on their first go? Bounty still remains, and others will try to claim it. No matter how much one resists he'll end up loosing more than all the bountys on him are worth, and at some point he'll get both blockaded and billocked, so if he still wishes to avoid being beiged at that point he'll have to start sacrifising improvments to do it too. And then what does he have? At best, people avoiding beige would do if for couple of weeks, maybe months at best, but trust me, noone has enough motivation to keep going with it just to spite everyone.

• Upvote 4

tvPWtuA.gif

I tested nukes with war type raid with the new system on a city around 1700 infra

Troll Micchan of Boku no Pico detonated a nuclear weapon in the nation of Synthetics Order and eliminated 25 Resistance. The attack destroyed 363.90 infrastructure in the city of District C and 2 improvements.

Alex pls

6 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Troll Micchan of Boku no Pico detonated a nuclear weapon in the nation of Synthetics Order and eliminated 25 Resistance. The attack destroyed 363.90 infrastructure in the city of District C and 2 improvements.

That's a feature, not a bug. :v

Anything that works in this game PnW is donsidered to be a bug or glitch :v

Edited by Rimski

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

• Wiki Mod
On 1/2/2018 at 4:31 PM, DragonK said:

He knows where to find us. I'd advise talking to Ripper, for he is the most rational and objective one among us.

Me and ripper already shot the entire concept to pieces, as did the dev group when sheepy first pitched it there. 

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

30 minutes ago, Dr Rush said:

Me and ripper already shot the entire concept to pieces, as did the dev group when sheepy first pitched it there. 

So, we will be seeing the update pretty soon, right? :v

• Upvote 2

On 2-1-2018 at 8:29 PM, evilpiggyfoofoo said:

Politics and War

Whale Sanctuary 

Image result for whale protection reserve

Whale Sanctuary is a free to play browser based persistent massively multi-player online game where you create your own nation and sleep with it. Forced to make grueling  decisions such as how much resource to hug, how many thousand infrastructure to have, and how much you cry over 1 pixel, you are truly in charge in Whale Sanctuary. Play together with friends and other pixel huggers, pit your baseball teams against each other and never wage war... or just don't play at all and never log online, its basically the same thing. In Whale Sanctuary, you don't call the shots cus you don't do anything anyways!

In addition, the admin of this game will prevent ALL whale hunting. We here are anti fun. He will strike down the 0.1% of the players who actually try to make the game fun. He will make sure that the dumb whales that don't log online, don't build a military, don't face any consequences. Its great! Come on by!

Made me spit out my coffee, very well done Piggy. Because not only is it funny, it will genuinely turn the game into a sanctuary.

There used to be no beige and you could beat the living shit out of people until the war expired. There is 0 need for an offset to the removal of fortify. 

@Alex you should just remove infra damage from beiging, and then scale up infra damage from actual attacks.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif