12/22/2017 - Politics and War, A Year in Review

Alex

Thanks for your work! Have a great holiday season, and looking forward to what you bring us next year. :)

• Upvote 1

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Along the way, we introduced P&W apps for iOS and Android. While these apps are not great

(I am not app developer),.

You also am not have good English :P

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, DragonK said:

Screenshot_9.jpg

Arrgh lmao!

• Upvote 2

Join the Pantheon of Kings (it is not an alliance, more like a business for orbis-related services) today. 

The Pantheon of Kings is not an alliance. The aim of the PoK is to become the eBay of Orbis. 

Artists/Coders/Programmers/Lottery buyers are particularly welcomed

Our discord can be found at https://discord.gg/avNrwmY

I don't agree with INH or Sketchy, I don't see the lack of global wars as a loss. After having fought in every global war since the Great VE War, I'm kind of bored with two big spheres bumping heads over and over again, which is more or less what the global wars have been. I would prefer more unpredictability than the same old stuff, another global war between the two major spheres would just be repetitive and seems to change very little. We could certainly use more major alliance wars, just.. not the same thing over and over again.

Regardless, thank you for your efforts Alex. I look forward to seeing what the game has in store for us the next 365 days.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

On 12/22/2017 at 3:20 PM, Who Me said:

Adding tax brackets in no way redeemed you for the screwing you gave low and mid tier nations with your resource and commerce changes.

Didn't he also make lower-end infra cheaper around the same time?

Anyway cheers Alex. A single person making a game is already a lot to be proud of, let alone one people care about enough to whine. :P

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

On 12/23/2017 at 6:47 PM, Big Brother said:

I don't agree with INH or Sketchy, I don't see the lack of global wars as a loss. After having fought in every global war since the Great VE War, I'm kind of bored with two big spheres bumping heads over and over again, which is more or less what the global wars have been. I would prefer more unpredictability than the same old stuff, another global war between the two major spheres would just be repetitive and seems to change very little. We could certainly use more major alliance wars, just.. not the same thing over and over again.

Regardless, thank you for your efforts Alex. I look forward to seeing what the game has in store for us the next 365 days.

I actually agree with you, mate. By global wars I mean conflicts involving several alliances. I too don't enjoy a world where the same 2 blobs keep warring each other. By global wars I meant something like the new KT/SK (maybe Rose if they're gonna be a part of it) sphere fighting EMC or IQ, doesn't really have to be IQ vs EMC. Maybe some wouldn't consider it a global war if there's 3 spheres and only 2 of them fight, but I do agree with you.

Large scale wars - and several smaller scale conflicts, even tho that's tough since p much every major alliance is tied to someone else - would make things much more interesting imo. In the old days there used to be a lot more alliance-wide wars, and I believe it's possible to have more action again. Ultimately it's the players' fault, since leadership usually tries to cater to the member base, and if those don't want war then it's more likely it won't happen.

It can also be a legacy sort of thing - no leader wants to go down in history as someone who planned a losing war. But I have more respect for leaders like Keegoz, Roq and Partisan (despite the different results) than I have for lethargic leaders who value peace and growth over military conquest. Because you're doing something for the game as well. If your side doesn't win then it happens. From my point of view, fear of losing and the repercussions it might have on how the leadership of the major alliances is viewed in the future is one of the the biggest detriments to starting a large scale conflict.

But it doesn't come down to just large scale conflicts. I mean just out-of-the-box initiatives like The Nothining also help spark things up. Thins is, for that you need creative and and inventive leaders willing to innovate. Unfortunately the major alliances tend to follow the same recipe. Maybe strategy wise it's better for such alliances not to rock the boat, but I for one don't see leaders behind losing offensive wars as losers. Sure they tried and failed, but at least they took a gamble and didn't sit on their asses, waiting for things to happen.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 5

20 hours ago, RagnarBuliwyf said:

Six digit ID's? I'll stick to my 2 digit one. #13 life baby. 

Always regretted deleting my initial account. Think my nation was #70 something. I was glad to be a part of this game in it’s infancy. Good times. Happy to see it still finding success. Alex will never satisfy everyone but he cares and it shows. Shout out to the handful of old timers still out there.

• Upvote 2

c3Ct0v4.png

• Jax locked this topic