The Vienna Daily BREAKING NEWS - Kaiser Wilhelm I dead!

Ikhan

March 30th, 2023

Good evening, my fellow citizens of the Austrian Empire. I come before you with much much sorrow. I regret to inform the general populace that at 5:37 PM on March 30th, the Imperial family informed us that Emperor Wilhelm I... is dead. He will be buried tomorrow at 11:00 AM in the Family Crypt in Vienna. In honor of our late emperor, we will list out several major events in his life.
 Born in 1925 to Emperor Johan IV von Habsburg and Empress Sophie Wolfe, Wilhelm spent his childhood as the heir to an Empire that had recently found it's self among the victors of the first world war. In 1943, he attended the University of Vienna, graduating four years later at the top of his class. In 1946, he married Lydia Ritter, the daughter of a minor german noble. In 1947, his father, Johan IV, died, thus making him the Emperor of Austria. Under his reign, he saw the loss of various territories that were either under the direct or indirect control of Austria, primarily through popular vote. In 1950, his son, Viktor, was born. It was believed that he would become the next emperor, but as time has shown, it was not to be. In 1980, Viktor's son, Johan, was born, making Emperor Wilhelm a grandfather. In 1995, Viktor decided to give up his claim to the throne, allowing his son to become the heir to the empire. Famously, in 2010, he stated his support for a Union of European states in the hopes of bettering the lives of others. In this goal, he set up the Kaiser Wilhelm foundation, which to this day collects funds for humanitarian aid projects across the world. Having ruled for 76 years, he is the longest reigning monarch in history. Now that the rundown of his life is over, we go live to his funeral procession. We will remain silent in order to respect his long rule. May he rest in peace...

Somewhere in Vienna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-VhlLdLDM - Live footage of the procession as it makes its way to the family crypt