Looking for EU4 DLC recommendations

Kurdanak

I recently got myself back into EU4 and was wondering - which DLC are worth it? Especially in regards to added mechanics, such as the one that includes the option to ask for support from other countries when declaring independence. 

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

Wait to buy any DLC from Paradox until they're on sale (wait until the Winter Steam sale or something).

Art of War is the single most important DLC to have (war mechanics).

The "second tier" of DLC (in no particular order) is probably Rights of Man (diplomatic mechanics and some flavor stuff); Common Sense (ability to develop provinces and some religious mechanics); Cossacks (estates mechanic); and possibly Cradle of Civilization (military mechanics and Middle Eastern flavor), but that just came out and won't be discounted much.

Wealth of Nations, Conquest of Paradise, and Mandate of Heaven (in that order) are nice to have, but only if you've got the money/are interested in their specific themes (trade, colonization, and far east, respectively).

Res Publica is ok if you like the Netherlands and unimportant otherwise; Mare Nostrum kind of sucks in general unless you're really really into playing trade republics; El Dorado is only worth it for making custom nations or playing as Aztecs/Incas.

The EU4 wiki should tell you which DLC unlocks the support independence mechanic.

https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Europa_Universalis_4_Wiki

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Common Sense is actually the most important DLC since playing outside of Western Europe is basically impossible without it. You need institutions to advance your tech which you get by developing provinces which you can't do without the DLC.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win