FCC Net Neutrality Appeal

AwesomeNova

I found out that net neutrality is repealed by the FCC. I got worried about it since ISPs may soon throttle certain websites in order to makes us pay more in order to access website that are concidered part of our lives, get us to go to their alternatives like cable or video streaming website, etc. Basically to just milk some money from us and other companies. This would hurt the middle class because they can't really afford speeds that can be affordable with net neutrality. I just want your two cents on the matters at hand.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would think the Trump administration is out for the middle/working class of America. What exactly has the Trump administration done for Middle America? Give us a 5 year 0.5% tax break in a permanent corporate tax cut policy that will bankrupt our children? Well, maybe your dog then, since you don't get child deductions in the new tax code. 

That being said, the Net Neutrality will be challenged in court. I'm pretty sure there are a half a dozen lawsuits filed before the vote, and it's probably going to only go up after the repeal. If the repeal is going to get held up in court, it would mean that Congress would have to pass legislation to clarify the repeal.  

I would be investing in Comcast stock right now. Not to mention there is little enforcement (even in the Obama era, but especially in the Trump administration) of anti-trust laws, you can expect that the US internet infrastructure in 10 years will be exclusively from comcast or Time Warner. The FCC repeals favor the huge infrastructure companies who have captured most of the population as consumers. This will allow these mangy little !@#$ to use the extra infrastructure and capital to squish out smaller start-up competition. Less competition means shittier service and more farming, not "innovation." Expect Comcast to go back to the shitty ISP it has always been, except you'll be paying for website packages on top of that "modem rental" you already pay. 

The great irony of this is that all those internet nazi trolls will find it hard to visit all those reddit white supremacy sites without their parents screaming at them from the kitchen upstairs about a bigger internet bill, all the while still sucking the penis of the president who made it all happen.  

• Upvote 3

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 11:23 AM, Caecus said:

Expect Comcast to go back to the shitty ISP it has always been, except you'll be paying for website packages on top of that "modem rental" you already pay. 

Back? I didn't realize they stopped being a shitty ISP somewhere along the line.

• Upvote 2