Invasion of Mogatopia!

Mayor

The Great Raiding

Chapter One

Emperor Mayor was sitting at his desk in a ruined castle, everything was ruined, the wall had a giant hole, the roof collapsed. . This was the great, eternal Imperial palace. The place had seen better days. With most of Calondia occupied by fascist imperial powers the territory still ruled by the Emperor was small indeed.

"What a disgrace. . The great eternal nation of Calondia, reduced to rubble."

The Emperor had heard of a prosperous nation called Mogatopia, a superpower with immense funds and prestige. He wanted that prestige for himself.

"What a disgrace! A small upstart of such weak caliber is the superpower of this age?! These people don't know Calondia! They don't know true glory! I will show them!"

The emperors aide was standing by, "Of course you will sire, you will conquer the known world. No one or country is outside your grasp. Your influence is infinite."

Emperor Mayor: "Thank you my friend, I needed that. Sometimes I let Calondian glory take hold of me and I cannot let go. We are just so, so great."

With that in his mind the emperor decided, "And we will be great again! Glory to Calondia!"

Aide: "I am the only one in the room sire."

Emperor Mayor: "Of course, Of course. . Get the General on the phone!"

Aide: "At once sire."

A few moments later. .

Emperor Mayor: "And we will be great again! Count on it!"

General: "Of course we will, sire, of course we will."

Emperor Mayor: "Invade Mogatopia! No one insults our greatness! Send in our armed forces, arm the nukes, destroy them!"

The Emperor slams down the phone with a fury and smashes the receiver.

Aide: "Well done sire, excellent decision. Might I ask that we depart to the underground bunker at earliest convenience, since our air-force and navy are. . not in the area. .?"

Emperor Mayor: "Yes, Yes. . good idea, I think I need some rest also. I am a bit overwhelmed. Please tell the general that I expect total victory when I wake up from my nap."

Aide: "Of course sire."

OOC: I declared war on Mogar in-game.

Edited by Mayor
OOC and spelling

glorytocalondia.jpg

Our magnificent nation is opening military recruitment today! Be apart of the invincible armed forces of Calondia, never truly defeated, always glorious.

Openings are available for: Army, Navy, Air-force, Intelligence, and Support Staff

Get ready for a long lived life of adventure, raiding, and unimaginable riches!

Be the heroic soldiers who drive the final stake through the heart of Mogar!

Edited by Mayor

Meanwhile in the nation of Mogatopia...

The Calondian army is finishing the conquest of Squid Island, setting up a temporary military base there, so they can support their outpost in the Bay of Gunpowder. The military has set up AA and coastal defenses to thwart any attacks by the still powerful Mogatopian Navy and Air-force. The Mogatopian Army has been routed and is retreating to their rear lines.

"General, Sir! We have an incoming report from the Imperial Capital in Tokyo. It is an urgent message." says one of the soldiers in the base.

"Thank you Recruit, you may leave." says the Captain as he grabs the radio and hands the phone to the general.

"This is General Tojo of the Imperial Vanguard."

"This is Emperor Mayor. . I just woke up from my nap. Have we won yet?"

"No sire, but we have conquered three cities so far. The rest should fall easily since their army is retreating. Word has just been received also that the enemy city of Nassau has fallen to our forces. Victory is in our grasp."

"Excellent, excellent. . because their navy has been causing a problem back home. Entire blocks destroyed in an instant, I mean, they are cheap to rebuild because we are not building a Utopian paradise but. . the people killed can't be cheaply rebuilt! It takes years for more soldiers and civilians to grow up and become useful! I need this war won soon! If the blockade continues I won't be able to get any more of that White Pearl Albino Caviar that I like, and it is necessary!"

"I know Sire, with the conquest of Nassau, we are one step closer. With victory at hand we will soon be able to get your.. caviar."

The Emperor hangs up on the general without a further word. General Tojo then looks towards the captain. "What is this I hear about an attack on the homeland?"

"Yes general, the Mogatopian Navy has launched massive raids on Hong Kong and Tokyo. It appears their air-force is just defending their armada."

"Thank you Captain." The general then thinks to himself, the country has been at continuous war for decades. This captain will probably die in the next assault however the general himself has lived for so long. "I wonder if the men despise me for surviving. ." he says quietly. Enemy gunfire could be heard in the distance and the general knew he had to get back to work.

Edited by Mayor

Tokyo, March 5th, Nuclear Missile Silo

"...and we need that missile to go towards that damn fleet! Shoot it into the ocean if you have to I don't care! If I have to spend one more day without my caviar I am going to die! This is a priority! And an order, so do it!"

"Yes my liege, I will do as you command." says the nuclear missile operator. The operator thought to ask his superior on what the Emperor had commanded him to do. However he was attending the emperors gala and was not to be disturbed. The operator has to complete this task on his own.

"Well I guess I could just see what I can do on the computer. ." the operator checks on the nuclear launch control system and changes the direction from Mogatopia to the ocean where Mogars fleet was stationed. "That should just about do it." he presses the giant red launch button and then logs out of the system. "Well nothing left to do today. . or months and months waiting for the next nuke to be built. . so I might as well relax and watch some TV."

*THE IS CALONDIAN STATE TELEVISION, TELLING YOU THE TRUTH, ALWAYS*

"This just in, the mysterious Mermaid Refuge in Mogatopia, has been liberated by Calondian forces. The mermaids cheer for the Calondian forces as they liberate the countryside. Since the area is under military lock-down we cannot show the footage so you will just have to take our word for it. This is another step in the inevitable victory for our great military and..." Some other individual enters the screen and whispers something into the ear of the news reporter before rushing off again. "I have just received a report that a nuclear missile launched from Tokyo has destroyed the area around Mirror City and devastated the city itself. We don't know why this missile was launched but we are at war with the nation of Bonnaroo and.."

The operators eyes widen, "Damn it! Damn those stupid missiles! They can't even build a nuclear missile right, wait no. . those were the Calondian Space Agency rockets with a nuclear payload. . why are we even using those?! They failed every test we made with them!" the operator rests his head back and rubs his eyes. He knows the emperor will call to complain. He knows those calls can last hours. . "I'll quit. This is it. I'll quit. I have had enough. There is only so much one person can take!" He thinks to himself some more, "But where? Work where? Everywhere in this country is a deathtrap! Navy ships blowing up left and right, cities being bombed every day. . where else-" But at that moment the phone starts to ring and the operator starts to feel sick. He slowly reaches for the phone, regretting what he is doing, he knows it is the emperor calling but what can he do?

"Hello.. this is the nuclear operator.." he says meekly. All he hears is breathing on the other end, heavy breathing, but no words.

Edited by Mayor

March 11th

The Calondian Air-force and Navy is currently mostly used to transport the large ground army into their conquered territory and protect them rather than sortie and commence attacks. Occasionally battleships would patrol the coast of enemy territory in earlier wars but with the Mogatopian Navy very large and powerful those were a pipe dream at the moment. Planes that leave from Tokyo carry thousands of tanks and troops to prepare for the final assault into Mogatopia. The Mogatopian Air-force has for the moment been checked by the large presence of ground AA but their Navy is still an ever present threat that last attacked the city of Naha and caused widespread damage. Also with fresh declarations of war from the small nations of Atrom and Iostroecia meant that more attacks could come at any time so the air-force needs to be quick about transporting the necessary troops.

The Ground Army of Mogatopia has been in retreat since the start of the campaign and nothing shows that will change any time soon. With the fall of their capital Nassau opens the way for the final push into the heartland of Mogatopia and now the Calondian Army is solidifying their hold on Occupied Mogatopia. Two more cities have been captured and the blitzkrieg has been a tremendous success adding the regions of the Isle of Mutiny and Bay of Rum to the glorious Calondian Empire.

The new war with Atrom though is concerning since the Calondian Navy and marines had conquered that region a few months back and now the province has risen up in revolt and declared an independence war on the Empire. With the Empire overextended already fighting in multiple wars this is news that the Emperor did not want to hear. At hearing this news of his subjects revolting against his rule the emperor went into a frenzy and reportedly called the Nuclear Missile operator and demanded a nuke be sent to obliterate the unruly province of Atrom. Dark times are ahead for the glorious empire but as always the eternal empire will persevere and in the end snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Edited by Mayor

Fall of Mogatopia!

imagen.aspx?lVW2oAh2vjNmE8IQ5EVvyaL3Irj4

Calondian News Network (CNN): The Most Trusted Name in News

Although there were massive attacks on the cities of BangkokSeoul, and Hsinking by Mogatopian naval forces the ultimate victory by Calondia was undeniable. The final push through Mogatopia started with the Occult Refuge. Calondian forces liberated the city and set up a forward command base. It was through this base that the ground offensive to conquer the Isle of No Tales and Bacon Island in a quick assault was started. However realizing their imminent defeat the remnant Mogatopian army started to fortify Bacon Island and delayed the conquest by a few days. Still the overwhelming superiority of Calondia guaranteed that no matter how much the Mogatopians fortify their tenuous hold the Calondian Army had basically already conquered most of their corporate empire. The Island of the Sun was the next steppingstone to total conquest and after that was Qrofahm Cay. However by this time the armies of Mogatopia could not fortify any further and their entire army, with the rest of their loyal population, was held up in the final Mogatopian stronghold of Double Island. With the fall of Double Island on March 29th the conquest of Mogatopia has been completed. Our victorious forces looted the country and established a presence on our newly conquered province guaranteeing that no other power try to establish a presence here for a time. With the new province of New-Mogar established the Empire of Calondia has nearly doubled our territory becoming even more powerful and a force to be reckoned with on Orbis. The sun rises in the west!

Resistance to Imperial Rule?

Even with our vast new territory administering the new region is already proving to be difficult. The Mogatopian Army may have been defeated and their government, air-force and navy surrendered to our glorious Emperor but the population of the new province is already rising in revolt in small locales. Terror attacks on Imperial garrisons are increasing in frequency and their tactics have changed. The guerrilla forces blend back into the countryside becoming invisible and gaining small victories. The governor of New-Mogar says that this does not bode well for the future and economy of the new province. Many former citizens are also discontent and are not showing up for work and taxes are not being paid. Thoughts have crossed the minds of our leaders that perhaps the Calondian forces should pull out of the region and leave only military outposts instead; taking all the resources of old Mogartopia and leave a crippled land to fight for itself rather than risk civil war and our own soldiers in a foreign land. The decision has not yet been made and so far the government is committed to trying to develop our new territory but that a final decision would come in the coming weeks.