Alliance Embargos

Zhen

I proposed something like this before, but it got shot down because people thought it should be up to leaders IC to get their members to mass embargo alliances instead.

Still, I like the idea.

new_forum_sig_2.png

100% support

On 12/5/2017 at 6:06 PM, Zhen said:

If people in the alliance are against it, they can always petition to not have it, or just leave. Embargos hardly have any weight to them anyways, so I don't see it as a 'game changer' by any means, but it would add a little more political weight if this were allowed. 

Every time someone points this out, people always say alliances shouldn't have that much power or something stupid like that. 

• Upvote 2

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

You could do it based on alliance tax rates.  Any bracket where the sum of the money and resource tax rates is greater than X could have alliance embargoes set for all nations in that bracket.  That would further flesh out the distinctions between centralized and decentralized alliance economies and make tax rates a more important consideration for alliance leaders and players, especially those that focus on trading.

1 minute ago, Edward I said:

You could do it based on alliance tax rates.  Any bracket where the sum of the money and resource tax rates is greater than X could have alliance embargoes set for all nations in that bracket.  That would further flesh out the distinctions between centralized and decentralized alliance economies and make tax rates a more important consideration for alliance leaders and players, especially those that focus on trading.

I feel this is an overly complicated input to a new feature. Perhaps it would be a window in the Alliance Control Panel near the Treaties where you can 'add' alliances that you can embargo. 

This would make it where all members of each alliance can not trade with each other. It'll add more of a bite to the embargos, both politically and economically.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Zhen said:

I feel this is an overly complicated input to a new feature. Perhaps it would be a window in the Alliance Control Panel near the Treaties where you can 'add' alliances that you can embargo. 

This would make it where all members of each alliance can not trade with each other. It'll add more of a bite to the embargos, both politically and economically.

I don't see how it's complicated.  It's a couple of extra clicks per embargo on the front end and few more lines of code that check what tax bracket a nation is in on the back end.  It wasn't meant to be a suggestion about which user interface we should put the button in, it was meant to be a compromise between the "don't be lazy, mobilize your players" camp and the "why isn't this already a feature" camp.

2 minutes ago, Edward I said:

I don't see how it's complicated.  It's a couple of extra clicks per embargo on the front end and few more lines of code that check what tax bracket a nation is in on the back end.  It wasn't meant to be a suggestion about which user interface we should put the button in, it was meant to be a compromise between the "don't be lazy, mobilize your players" camp and the "why isn't this already a feature" camp.

After having two extra cups of coffee, I completely see what you are saying now. I apologize for that.

At the very least, this could be implemented in this way. But that might require 'effort' so...We shall see lol.

It should be an easy implementation as well, since the system of treaties makes it where nations in treatied alliances can't attack each other, then embargoes against alliances will make it where the nations in those alliances can't trade with one another.

I feel if the NAP treaties being hidden on the treaty web can be fixed up within a hour of being suggested, a response to this thread certainly could be done.

Guest Karl VII

While we're at it, how about we let the alliances choose city build ups for their nations as well.

How about we just shift everything to the alliances and the only thing people can do with their nations is edit their social policies and use the dossier.

Oh now that I think about it, not of huge fun of this nvm.

Nearly the entire games content is controlled by the govs of like 10 alliances (~30ppl), we don't need to expand this into the trading sector too.

7 hours ago, Karl VII said:

While we're at it, how about we let the alliances choose city build ups for their nations as well. How about we just shift everything to the alliances and the only thing people can do with their nations is edit their social policies and use the dossier.Oh now that I think about it, not of huge fun of this nvm.Nearly the entire games content is controlled by the govs of like 10 alliances (~30ppl), we don't need to expand this into the trading sector too.

Logical-Fallacies-slippery-slope-620x384

If you don't like how your alliance embargoes people, join another alliance. You aren't forced to stay there, unless you took out a loan or something. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Guest Karl VII
9 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

Logical-Fallacies-slippery-slope-620x384

If you don't like how your alliance embargoes people, join another alliance. You aren't forced to stay there, unless you took out a loan or something. 

If you don't like how there's no option for embargoes by alliances, play another game. You aren't forced to stay here, unless you're Sheepys sex slave or something.

The whole "if you don't like it you can leave" type of argument is just overall not a good argument. 

And my main point still stands, alliances already control most of the games content, I just think there is no need to expand their control into the trading sector.

Edited by Karl VII

17 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

If you really want to embargo another alliance petition or order your members to do it, its not that hard. 

That would work well in smaller alliances with maybe twenty people or fewer. Other alliances that have more than this (basically the top 25) would have a much harder time with this. 

Who knows, this might also help break some of the deadlock politically in the game. And for a lot of people this would be a great aspect to introduce. 

• Wiki Mod

This isn't candyland, doing something should require effort. If you can not coordinate your alliance to mass embargo, you do not deserve to have a mass embargo.

Edited by Dr Rush

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid