So what are you guys doing with your treaties?

Buorhann

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I am 100% sure I've had more involvement with Fark/Nuclear Bloc than you, Starbuck.

Goodluck with Strategem though.

Sure you have, but I know for sure that you know nothing about their current state.

2 hours ago, Zeebrus said:

Oof r u calling me dumb

also I can’t stop laughing irl now lmao

mountain asses 10/10

Pretty sure he's questioning your sanity, not your intelligence. Nothing dumb about liking ass.

Edited by Betulius

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

48 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

SGM posted 1 thread causing drama and people actually were mad that we were trying to cause drama. The very same people who say how boring this game is were telling us how stupid it was to cause drama in public. There's the real problem.

Pretty sure people were mad because you promised drama and failed to deliver

Edited by Betulius

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

35 minutes ago, Betulius said:

I wouldn't say they failed to deliver, it got Keegoz to reply to it after he was called out.  So it did what they needed it to do.

49 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

Sure you have, but I know for sure that you know nothing about their current state.

That's interesting.  How do you figure?

Edited by Buorhann

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Here's my point, and I'm glad Kastor ignorantly pointed out Mensa's own signing of treaties in the past (Like he normally does when he thinks he's being witty).  Using ourselves as an example, we not only looked at our treaties as being "friendly and protective", we also looked at them as tools to further our agenda.  Our goal was to press war to further our political stance, which we arguably succeeded with greatly.  I mean, that's just Dio's way.

However, we wanted to make sure that those we treatied with, we could work well with.  Which, we did.  However, we also had friends that we weren't treatied with.   Like, if Mensa  was attacked, you knew Guardian and Syndicate would step up for us as we held official treaties with them.  But for a while, we didn't have treaties with TKR, BK, and quite a few other alliances that would also have stepped up too if necessary in the past.   There's a few exceptions, I'm well aware of some alliances grumbling about how aggressive Mensa was and that they didn't want to get involved, etc.  I could go into all those details in another story telling post.

I'm trying to remember who it was, but I think it was Ogaden in his push to make everybody treaty-less that stated you didn't need treaties in order to assist other alliances.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not the anti-treaty Arrgh kind of guy here.  I'm the type of guy that wants you to use your treaties, or if you're not - then don't sign.  It's too peaceful nowadays to even worry about conflict, so what's the point?

Right now what I'm seeing is people consolidating or signing more treaties and just singing Kumbaya around a campire.  Y'all are damn boring with that.

We have IQ here, which NPO pushed the last two major wars granted (Or initiated, rather).  And although they've made some hypocritical statements around consolidation and action, etc, they're just sitting on their ass and all the moves they've made was very predictable.  I give them a small pass though, because like I stated, NPO initiated the last two major wars.  If the last war didn't kick off like it did, Mensa definitely would've kicked it off (By us attacking VE or whatever trendy thing they call themselves now).

Then we have EMC, who clearly has a big reason to initiate a major war, but...  what's going on?  I'm no longer involved with behind the scenes talks anymore, but if I was - a major war would've happened like last month.  And oh man, don't me started on how tangled some political mess happened because of some certain treaty ties.  Kind of embarrassing.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, good.  There was also a lack of reaction to a recent action that was taken place.  (Being vague on purpose because I'd like you guys to figure this out)

We also have some outliers here, like Nuclear Bloc.  They've been around how long now?  The only relevance they really did was when Alpha and Fark blitzed on Mensa during a major war, or when Alpha/Syndicate/TEst conflict was going on (Take note I keep referring to Alpha and not much of the others).  Other than that, people take their threats and protections seriously, which I don't understand why.  Nuclear Bloc is literally the definition of how terrible this game can get.  Lots of hot air, little to no action.  Oh wait, I remember, Fark went out of their way to stomp on some nobody alliance that managed to ruffle people's feathers from their far right shenanigans of dumbassery.  Whatever.

Then we have Syndicate and UPN who made some big changes and...  nothing.  They're basically going the same route as SK here.  Some big name alliances being reduced to irrelevancy.  Disband and merge with another upcoming alliance or something guys, or put people in charge that wants to breath life into your alliances.

One more point, which I could rant on and on about this shit, we have people attacking KT for not starting a war.  What the hell, why are you guys not starting a war?  If you're not going to start up a war, then don't slam into KT for that.  Or better yet, go fight KT and you'll get your war and they'll get theirs too!

Like ever since the last major war we've had in this game, with TEst/Mensa disbanding, Syndicate going treaty-less, and other moves happening - we have a bunch of boring ass leaders in the game.  Lose some pixels guys, that's what keeps things interesting around here.

If I was to start a new alliance, I wouldn't even bother with signing treaties or protections.  There's nothing to fear or worry about.  There's no antagonist in the game.

I'm wondering if some of you are just signing treaties or consolidating just to have something to post here.

He use to be.  He's just dumb now.

Why are you calling out NPO? They’ve started the last 2 “major” wars. Now you’re upset their side isn’t starting another one/something? That’s because it’s easier to grow and even themselves up then fight a war of updeclares against TKRsphere.

UPN has been irrelevant since before Silent war, why you’re bringing them up is a mystery to me.

tS we all knew would go inactive and be irrelevant. That’s what they did, even JR left. 

You’re in a quagmire of sorts because NPO has no reason to hit TKR as it doesn’t benefit them right now. Time is on their side. TKR doesn’t want to lose it’s “honor” so they’re not going to start a war without a rock solid CB. Then you have to remember that they trained their allies into obedience, Pantheon, TCW, etc, are all passive because they have to be. One idea I pitched Lordship before he resigned was to alienate Pantheon and Rose and have them have to fend for themselves, because Pantheon would finally have to do something. 

Also, I said when you were on top, and signed Rose and TKR. I was very clear. You signed both for simply more treaties and for treaty chess. You did not sign those for “friendship” (maybe the Rose, def not TKR). Why you bring up tS & Guardian, I’m not sure. It’s also funny you forgot you signed SK first, and that was your first treaty ever and the first major war you went into involved an SK plot, but somehow you decided to ignore those details.

That’s when things were interesting.

Here's my point, and I'm glad Kastor ignorantly pointed out Mensa's own signing of treaties in the past (Like he normally does when he thinks he's being witty).  Using ourselves as an example, we not only looked at our treaties as being "friendly and protective", we also looked at them as tools to further our agenda.  Our goal was to press war to further our political stance, which we arguably succeeded with greatly.  I mean, that's just Dio's way.

However, we wanted to make sure that those we treatied with, we could work well with.  Which, we did.  However, we also had friends that we weren't treatied with.   Like, if Mensa  was attacked, you knew Guardian and Syndicate would step up for us as we held official treaties with them.  But for a while, we didn't have treaties with TKR, BK, and quite a few other alliances that would also have stepped up too if necessary in the past.   There's a few exceptions, I'm well aware of some alliances grumbling about how aggressive Mensa was and that they didn't want to get involved, etc.  I could go into all those details in another story telling post.

I'm trying to remember who it was, but I think it was Ogaden in his push to make everybody treaty-less that stated you didn't need treaties in order to assist other alliances.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not the anti-treaty Arrgh kind of guy here.  I'm the type of guy that wants you to use your treaties, or if you're not - then don't sign.  It's too peaceful nowadays to even worry about conflict, so what's the point?

Right now what I'm seeing is people consolidating or signing more treaties and just singing Kumbaya around a campire.  Y'all are damn boring with that.

We have IQ here, which NPO pushed the last two major wars granted (Or initiated, rather).  And although they've made some hypocritical statements around consolidation and action, etc, they're just sitting on their ass and all the moves they've made was very predictable.  I give them a small pass though, because like I stated, NPO initiated the last two major wars.  If the last war didn't kick off like it did, Mensa definitely would've kicked it off (By us attacking VE or whatever trendy thing they call themselves now).

Then we have EMC, who clearly has a big reason to initiate a major war, but...  what's going on?  I'm no longer involved with behind the scenes talks anymore, but if I was - a major war would've happened like last month.  And oh man, don't me started on how tangled some political mess happened because of some certain treaty ties.  Kind of embarrassing.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, good.  There was also a lack of reaction to a recent action that was taken place.  (Being vague on purpose because I'd like you guys to figure this out)

We also have some outliers here, like Nuclear Bloc.  They've been around how long now?  The only relevance they really did was when Alpha and Fark blitzed on Mensa during a major war, or when Alpha/Syndicate/TEst conflict was going on (Take note I keep referring to Alpha and not much of the others).  Other than that, people take their threats and protections seriously, which I don't understand why.  Nuclear Bloc is literally the definition of how terrible this game can get.  Lots of hot air, little to no action.  Oh wait, I remember, Fark went out of their way to stomp on some nobody alliance that managed to ruffle people's feathers from their far right shenanigans of dumbassery.  Whatever.

Then we have Syndicate and UPN who made some big changes and...  nothing.  They're basically going the same route as SK here.  Some big name alliances being reduced to irrelevancy.  Disband and merge with another upcoming alliance or something guys, or put people in charge that wants to breath life into your alliances.

One more point, which I could rant on and on about this shit, we have people attacking KT for not starting a war.  What the hell, why are you guys not starting a war?  If you're not going to start up a war, then don't slam into KT for that.  Or better yet, go fight KT and you'll get your war and they'll get theirs too!

Like ever since the last major war we've had in this game, with TEst/Mensa disbanding, Syndicate going treaty-less, and other moves happening - we have a bunch of boring ass leaders in the game.  Lose some pixels guys, that's what keeps things interesting around here.

If I was to start a new alliance, I wouldn't even bother with signing treaties or protections.  There's nothing to fear or worry about.  There's no antagonist in the game.

I'm wondering if some of you are just signing treaties or consolidating just to have something to post here.

He use to be.  He's just dumb now.

Why are you calling out NPO? They’ve started the last 2 “major” wars. Now you’re upset their side isn’t starting another one/something? That’s because it’s easier to grow and even themselves up then fight a war of updeclares against TKRsphere.

UPN has been irrelevant since before Silent war, why you’re bringing them up is a mystery to me.

tS we all knew would go inactive and be irrelevant. That’s what they did, even JR left. 

You’re in a quagmire of sorts because NPO has no reason to hit TKR as it doesn’t benefit them right now. Time is on their side. TKR doesn’t want to lose it’s “honor” so they’re not going to start a war without a rock solid CB. Then you have to remember that they trained their allies into obedience, Pantheon, TCW, etc, are all passive because they have to be. One idea I pitched Lordship before he resigned was to alienate Pantheon and Rose and have them have to fend for themselves, because Pantheon would finally have to do something. 

Also, I said when you were on top, and signed Rose and TKR. I was very clear. You signed both for simply more treaties and for treaty chess. You did not sign those for “friendship” (maybe the Rose, def not TKR). Why you bring up tS & Guardian, I’m not sure. It’s also funny you forgot you signed SK first, and that was your first treaty ever and the first major war you went into involved an SK plot, but somehow you decided to ignore those details.

That’s when things were interesting.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Just now, Kastor said:

Reading comprehension isn't your friend, is it?

@Buorhann

4 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Also I'm not sure where you're getting at with this.  A lot of this is kinda wrong?  Confusing, really.

In regards to signing Rose and TKR, it wasn't treaty chess.  TKR was signed because they've always been supportive of us and we figured we might as well stop beating around the bush and just officialize it.  It was clearly obvious that we were aligned.  Rose, we signed, for multiple reasons.  1) To weaken our opposition by pulling Rose away, 2) Rose was looking to start fresh, and 3) It was obvious things were desperate for them if they wanted to sign with a rival of theirs and move past it.

It worked out great for them.  I'd say they learned more from us than they did from any past alliances they've had, but that's just me being arrogant.

I'm pointing out every current major alliance now.  Lots of leadership changes have occurred, yet none of the new leadership have any of the animosity or ambition that previous leaders have held.  To some extent, I blame our old leaders that fostered that.

Not sure what you're bringing up SK up for.  We thoroughly enjoyed that conflict SK dragged us into.   We went into that 100% knowing full well that Tenages &#33;@#&#036;ed up, but it was a &#33;@#&#036;ton of fun.  Arguably my favorite war (The imaginary Mensa vs TEst war in my head is up there too.  A shame that never happened.)

15 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I give them a small pass though, because like I stated, NPO initiated the last two major wars. 

Again, reading comprehension isn't your friend, is it?

I don’t think you understand, but okay.

10 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Also I'm not sure where you're getting at with this.  A lot of this is kinda wrong?  Confusing, really.

In regards to signing Rose and TKR, it wasn't treaty chess.  TKR was signed because they've always been supportive of us and we figured we might as well stop beating around the bush and just officialize it.  It was clearly obvious that we were aligned.  Rose, we signed, for multiple reasons.  1) To weaken our opposition by pulling Rose away, 2) Rose was looking to start fresh, and 3) It was obvious things were desperate for them if they wanted to sign with a rival of theirs and move past it.

It worked out great for them.  I'd say they learned more from us than they did from any past alliances they've had, but that's just me being arrogant.

I'm pointing out every current major alliance now.  Lots of leadership changes have occurred, yet none of the new leadership have any of the animosity or ambition that previous leaders have held.  To some extent, I blame our old leaders that fostered that.

Not sure what you're bringing up SK up for.  We thoroughly enjoyed that conflict SK dragged us into.   We went into that 100% knowing full well that Tenages &#33;@#&#036;ed up, but it was a &#33;@#&#036;ton of fun.  Arguably my favorite war (The imaginary Mensa vs TEst war in my head is up there too.  A shame that never happened.)

Ignoring the Rose treaty then, why did you suddenly decide to sign TKR less than a week after IQ was formed? Then militerize as well? 

I can’t really disagree with the animosity part. Just seems like no one cares. I don’t blame old leaders, because they definitely had animosity and ambition. I do blame IC/Dalinar/TKR however. His way of treating allies/alliances caused this lack of war and activity.

33 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Why are you calling out NPO? They’ve started the last 2 “major” wars. Now you’re upset their side isn’t starting another one/something?

This, to...

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Make sense now?

We were militarizing because of VE shit.  Remember when I came across all those logs?  There was even more behind it (And it wasn't just VE).  So yes, that war was going to happen one way or another.  It was inevitable.  Initially our allies weren't going to be part of it, until other stuff popped up.

The TKR signing was literally because we were just officializing it.  There was no other hidden meaning behind it.  Honest.  It wasn't until after that we started to get word BK was suspicious of us signing TKR or some shit.  I'll have to go back and check logs I've had with Curu and see if the timeline fits to what you're pointing out.  Chances are, I'm confused to the timeline you're referencing, but there was no other hidden agenda behind signing TKR.  We'd have preferred to work with BK and TKR as both of them were supporters of us in the past, but hey - things went differently and we didn't see that TKR and BK had that much animosity until afterwards.

Edited by Buorhann

1 hour ago, Betulius said:

Failed to deliver something 5 days out the gate when there are alliances that have been around for A YEAR and have done &#33;@#&#036; all? Mission accomplished because the kids were gagging for a solid week over that mess.

SGM made no promises other than to set things on fire if the injustice that crossed our path was not rectified. It was rectified which negated the need for an irrelevant micro to entertain you.

Bored and wanna change the game? Wanna be “dynamic”? BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE. Quit going back and forth about 3 year old dramas literally no one cares about when you’re sitting in your alliances wrapped in paper.

I honestly find this matter to be a generational one. Just like real life, old Baby Boomers are yelling at Millennials about a crap fest they created long before the rest of us got here. 

On a different note: if there are any legit players that are ABOUT THAT LIFE (not just talking about it) and want to shake the table a bit, Stratagem may be the spot for you!

Hit me up!?

• Upvote 3

Expected shitposts, got shitposts and drama. 

10/10 would quickly skim again

• Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

3 hours ago, Buorhann said:

I wouldn't say they failed to deliver, it got Keegoz to reply to it after he was called out.  So it did what they needed it to do.

That's interesting.  How do you figure?

I invoke my right under the Fifth Amendment not to answer.

3 hours ago, Betulius said:

We didn't fail to deliver at all. The drama we provided served it's purpose very well. While most of you guys didn't get to partake in the drama of the situation much since it was resolved peacefully, I did, and many others involved did as well. Stratagem isn't here to simply go around initiating random wars for boredom and for the entertainment of the Orbis community. We're here to play the game, to grow our family, to help our friends, and to &#33;@#&#036; shit up. If you want some drama, come at us and we'll give it to you. But we're not going to come with a silver platter and serve it to you with a side of champagne. Mad you didn't get your drama? Do something about it.

Edited by Starbuck
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

I invoke my right under the Fifth Amendment not to answer.

AKA: You have no clue and therefore just talking out of your ass about my knowledge to the current day politics that involves the Top 15ish alliances in the game.

Cool.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

AKA: You have no clue and therefore just talking out of your ass about my knowledge to the current day politics that involves the Top 15ish alliances in the game.

Cool.

Oh yes, because I don't fall for your bait and reveal information that you're not entitled to, I'm talking out of my ass. You don't know shit. Get over it and stop pretending your outdated knowledge is still pertinent right now. You're not involved in this stuff anymore and yet you felt the need to scream your inaccurate opinions to everyone on Orbis. It's actually kind of laughable to those that know what I'm talking about.

Ok buddy. We get it. You're falling out of relevancy. Mensa is long gone and you're just another clueless TKR member.

Edited by Starbuck

1 hour ago, Starbuck said:

Oh yes, because I don't fall for your bait and reveal information that you're not entitled to, I'm talking out of my ass. You don't know shit. Get over it and stop pretending your outdated knowledge is still pertinent right now. You're not involved in this stuff anymore and yet you felt the need to scream your inaccurate opinions to everyone on Orbis. It's actually kind of laughable to those that know what I'm talking about.

Ok buddy. We get it. You're falling out of relevancy. Mensa is long gone and you're just another clueless TKR member.

Wow.  Haha.

I'll wait for those "planned" Strategem moves, but chances are - you guys will most likely be another dead micro alliance.

(Wait, you JUST joined Strategem.  Good troll.)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Wow.  Haha.

I'll wait for those "planned" Strategem moves, but chances are - you guys will most likely be another dead micro alliance.

(Wait, you JUST joined Strategem.  Good troll.)

The fact that you think I JUST joined Stratagem proves my point that you don't know shit lol

Please keep going. Because you're just getting better and better every post.

Edited by Starbuck

2 hours ago, Epimetheus said:

Kinda like that micro on the test server who just went paperless 

after deleting over 11 treaties

Hey I never approved that treaty so can't count as deleted

He's just dumb now.

Now 2564994493fdf05abbfc29247f7bcec1e6027499

• Upvote 1

It's a conspiracy y'see. We've all decided to attempt to crush Arrgh under the sheer bureaucratic weight of all of the world's paper. Arrgh has asked for more weight, and what they ask, we shall give! So, MORE PAPER!!!

Edited by Quichwe10
  • Upvote 1