Blinding Liberation

Spectral

The PSET martial forces would launch their operations, quickly targetting the southern cities held by the rebel forces, acting in conjunction with CAK government forces.

Due to the lack of munitions on both the rebel and government to forces sides, the primary threat to the PSET Military brigades were the landmines that were laid around, along with a handful of machine gun nests. To combat that, an advanced mine sweeping device was installed into the APC units that the PSET forces utilized. Pairing 3 APCS with 2 Challenger-II tanks, and 30 men, 10 groups would be established for 10 of the 14 rebel held cities.

Most cities fell with little resistance, save for the stronghold of the rebel forces on the west, Aldine. This battle would cost PSET forces many lives, but would also cause the wary Rebels to expend a large ammount of their remaining munitions.

As the PSET forces neared the city, the rebel forces immeadietely began to set up tired roadblocks, paired with pieces of old furniture, which they would then burn. This would block many major streets, and cripple vehicle movement. The CAK forces would then retreat to fortifications established in the city, staging sharp shooters around randomized locations to further limit enemy movement.

When PSET forces arrive at the city, they initially tried to drive through the slow burning blockade that had been set up. After trying this, the scattered nails pierced the APC wheels, and caused it become incapacitated. Seeing the futility of using vehicles, they began to surround the city with them, and then proceeded a boots-only invasion. The 2,500 Infantry men would steadily stream in, slowly proceeding block by block. They pulled several of the mine sweeping detectors from the APC, for a safer progression. In the first few days, the PSET forces would be steadily picked off by the snipers, and then killed by the landmines as they tried to progress and avoid the sniper fire. In the first few days, the casualties reached the hundreds. 230 dead, 125 wounded. This would come with the capture of 4 of the 51 city blocks.

As PSET forces tried to find a method to lesson the cost of lives, they would send in 15 of Screaming Deaths(Blackhawks) to attempt to provide cover fire. Upon entering the airspace, they found the burning tires resulted in large plumes of smoke, which severely limited vision, and allowed rebel forces to shoot down 7 if them before they retreated back to the FOB established outside if the city.

Upon realizing the gravity if the situation, PSET forces would begin utilizing their tomahawk missiles and F-22 raptors to bombard known enemy positions, prioritizing the sharpshooter first then the machine gun nests.

While they attempted to send in the helicopters, PSET forces attempted to take advantage of the confusion and rushed to capture additional sections of the cities. This callous rush resulted in nearly 300 deaths and over 40 wounded. After realizing that the helicopters were ineffective, they began to move forward once more, cautiously capturing critical staging points. Once the bombardment began with missiles and multi-role fighters, the sharpshooter could chance less and less fire. 

Taking advantage of their lack of defenses, PSET forces would establish their own sharp shooting nests, while sweeping for mines and moving forward. By the end of these past 8 days, another 80 would be killed, and 12 wounded. The total for this fight would equal out to 510 dead, and 175 wounded. The losses would also include 2 APCs, and 7 Screaming Deaths. The recaptured blocks would now equate to 14 of 51

As the first month approached for the siege of the western sting hold of Aldine, PSET forces found victory over the other 9 cities captured by the rebels. Government forces began capturing the southern stronghold of the rebels, Vohron.

Meanwhile, the bloody battle of Aldine persisted. PSET Military Forces continued the slow process of mine sweeping while the slowly advanced. The experienced revel sharpshooter had been mostly killed through the airstrikes and tomahawk missile strikes. Though several men were given rifles and put on rooftops, they were ineffective, and we're quickly picked off by PSET snipers. 

The most notable engagement is when a squad of 7 PSET forces had begun sweeping a new block for mines, only to find an M2 Browning .50 Caliber machine gun mounted in a former residential building, which ripped the squad to shreds. After nearly an hour without checking in, a 2nd squad was dispatched to discover what occured. The squad would then lose 3 of their members before radioing in that they had found a mech in gun nest. The resulting airstrikes caused a large ammount of structural damage, but ultimately the nest persisted.

Drsparate to win, they would distract the nest with 3 men alternating fire, while anot her flanked the nest on each side. Sneaking in through broken windows, they snuck around to find the 3 rebels in the building manning the nest. As one PSET soldier began firing, the other tossed a frag into the room. The one who discharged his weapon ended up being shot several times, while the frag killed 2 of the rebels and wounded another.

The remaining rebel attempted to crawl away, but the remaining soldier simply killed him. 

The results of the past few days showed the fall of over half the city, with 27 if 51 blocks captured. Another 30 killed and 11 wounded would join the PSET losses. Meanwhile, only 3 machine gun nests remained, and fewer than 1/3rd of the rebel forces.

PSET forces would continue with sporadic engagements as they steadily captured the remaining blocks. Though there have been no notable skirmishes, another machine gun nest has been destroyed, and the rebels were pushed back into the northern section of the city.

This would mark 34 of the 51 blocks having fallen under PSET control. 

Today marks the end of the 4 and a half month long siege of therebel held western stronghold of Aldine. The battle had raged hard, but the last 84 days of the conflict was a grinding seige. Though the PSET martial forces saw minimal casualties, they had to slowly capture each block.

The rebels, running dreadfully low on ammunition, became increasingly erratic, and took many unnecessary risks which rapidly depleted their forces. The northern rebel stronghold ended up being assaulted by an unknown swarm of robots, and a subsequent napalm in of the regionm thus, the end of the war has officially taken place. The overall casualties that PSET forces faced were; 640 dead, 201 wounded, 5 APCs, and 11 Screaming Deaths

Receiving a commendation by the Central African King, general Ralph McGrath has moved with half of his forces, to the capital of the CAK. They would arrive to a welcoming force of nearly 1,100 CAK soldiers, and marched to meet with a string of individuals. The first of which was the cousin of the current monarchy and 9th in line for the throne, Harold Duval. The general would meet with the man privately. As he arrived, tea and a number of deserts had been placed on a spread on the table. There was a number of discussion as to the outcome of the war, and after nearly an hour, the general became inpatient, and voiced what he had come here to confirm.

"So you understand the plan? We will kill the king and his family, while your men kill your 2 cousins. Afterwards, you will take the throne, and begin solidifying your relationship with Resoria."

"Of course, your patrons have gone through great effort to ensure that I receive the throne, so the least I can do is cozy up to them. Besides, their military is beyond us, and my cousin was a fool to try and spark turmoil between our nations. I intend to rectify that."

"That's fine, my job is to pull this off. Unless you do something to our employers and we get hiresld again, what happens after is your business."

With that, the general would stand up and leave the room, heading towards his personal meeting with the king before the awards ceremony. With him, he carried a briefcase, which held 4 bricks of C-4, with a number of nails and screws inside intended as shrapnel. As the general entered the dining hall, he would give a bow to the king, his wife, and his 4 children.

"Welcome, general McGrath. I can have my servants take the case for you while we dine. CAK owes you a tremendous debt."

"Thank you, your grace. Though, I must insist on keeping this with me. It has my attire for the awards ceremony. And please, we simply did the job we were paid to do, no shortcuts."

"A man paid my coin can still be bound by honor. Very well, let us eat."

The king would give a loud clap, and servants would come out with a large number of serving dishes. The king talked with the general for a good thirty minutes, about politics and the war as well as its aftermath. Finally, the general stood up, resting his briefcase on his side of the table as he did so.

"I apologize, but I must excuse myself to the restroom. Where would it be...?"

"Edward will show you."

A servant would move from the corner and begin to walk down the hall. After several minutes, they arrive and the general went inside. He would pull out a device with a button and antenna. It would function for up to 1.3 miles, which would suffice for the job. He would press the button, and the palace would shake. The general would walk out the door, pulling out a basic combat knife, and covered Edwards mouth as soon as he walked out, slamming the knife into the servants throat, and flinging him into the lavetries before blood could spill on the ground. The general would then casually leave the palace behind.

As the CAK monarch fell, many loyal soldiers inevitably became disillusioned by the government, and many saw the cousins rise to power to merely be a power grab. The PSET contingent stationed to provide auxiliary support to Duval's forces. Many who had seen the paramilitary group fight, recognized their prowess. What's more, many who heard the average soldier's pay became increasingly more interested in joining the group.

All of these factors resulted in nearly half of the CAK's forces deserting the army and joining with the PSET force. General McGrath welcomed the force, and began arming then in Preperation for the next mission.

The phone would light up, showing that it was ringing even though it had been placed on silent. The general would pick up the phone, ti hear the Resorian intelligence head, Sam Ingan, speak.

"We have a new mission for you and your new cohorts. You will be given 4 billion francs to assault the Hungandan forces in Crete. It will not be traceable to is, but a Resorian business man currently residing in Laurentia who has stock in their oil company. You will be paid in 2 days, so get your gear and head towards the island nation."

"Very well. I want another 5 billion when the job is completed."

"You'll be lucky if I give you 2 billion, but we can negotiate more military equipment after the job is done."

The plan was to go through egypt and farry their forces accross OK civilian container ships, since hunganda had failed to shutdown immigration through their nation. The PSET forces would then establish a secured location to the eastern portion of the island, where they would work with the mafia remnants who smuggled cobra regularly. They would act in conjunction with this force to sow chaos and destruction in an attempt to test the island's defenses.

HIS Global Threat Monitoring Centre:

It was quiet at the GTMC. The radar was normal, and systems were not flaring up with any warnings. An operator was adjusting a map on the computer screen when his eyes noticed chatter on one of the sensors: "...assault Hungadadian forces....Crete....Resorian...Laurentia......gear...Lucky if.... negotiate more military equipment....". The message wasn't as clear as he would've liked it, interference blocked out a significant part of the message. But what was clear was that there was some sort of mission to engage forces on Crete. The radio operator replayed the message. The general supervisor on staff, who by now had noticed the activity, came over: "What's going on?" "Sir, a broken message suggests an imminent attack on Crete." The supervisor raised his eyebrows: "Let me hear it". And so, the message was played yet again. He scratched his head. "Good work" he said to the operator. Picking up the phone, and dialling a short number, he said: "This Gecko, get me Sparrow". 

DSDH Epsilon X, Unknown Location, Hungadada:

"...and we're sure this isn't a hoax?", asked General Sparrow, clearly frustrated with the lack of information coming through. "Yes sir, this is not a hoax". The general looked at the man who spoke and said: "Well then, what are we waiting for. Get the Emperor on the line, and for god's sake, inform Crete!"

Office of the Emperor, Imperial Palace, Port Royalty, Hungadada:

The Emperor was just adding final touches to his desk, as he was doing some DYI, as all royals do. The phone on his desk rang. Sighing, he picked it up. "Hello? Yeah, okay, I'll be right there". Putting the phone down, he began the brisk walk down to the ETA Room. Already assembled were Sir Aaron Bach, Director of the DSDH and the HIS director, alongside advisors and other personnel. Sir Bach began the session:

"Your Majesty, just 15 minutes ago, the HIS Global Threat Monitoring Centre picked up chatter suggesting an imminent threat to Hungadadian forces stationed on Crete. We are working to determine the origin of the chatter, as well as who is involved. The message mentioned both Resoria and Laurentia. We can inform you that this message is not a hoax. Currently on Crete are some 9,500 soldiers. They are our Med Force, TEA soldiers, as well as Laurentian soldiers. We also have 3 destroyers there, alongside some 150 air force jets. Oh, and some 50 tanks. All the authorities on Crete have been on high alert since the Cobra incident, and HIS is currently informing the Crete Office." The director paused. "The DSDH has three possible actions you can take right now. The first possible one is to implement a complete shutdown on entering and leaving the country. This would be what the DSDH would recommend the most, however, it would have severe economic consequences for Crete. The second plan would be to deploy more troops and equipment on Crete. This is the least feasible, logistically speaking, because it means we run the risk of angering the thin-skinned Mogotopian's in their quest to rule the Mediterranean." That quip brought a few chuckles in the room. "Finally, the DSDH suggests increasing our ability to respond by heightening checks on immigration. This means we don't need to shut the island down, nor go to war with war mongering, diplomacy ignoring hippos. We have the resources on Crete to do pretty much whatever you want, Your Highness." 

The Emperor tapped his fingers on the desk. "I want all our forces on Crete on the street, placed on high alert. Get tanks, jets, whatever you need to ensure we have a highly visible, strong presence on the streets. I also want our immigration, and our cargo monitoring strengthened. Get the navy out and about, to hell with whatever any nation says. I want my navy patrolling my waters." Looking in his dossier file, the Emperor said: "Inform Crete that they must double down on their monitoring of any criminal suspects. And inform the public that they will be safe. We are not going to let our people down, is that understood?" The assembled military advisors nodded. The Emperor nodded in return, and left the room. 

• Upvote 1

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada

.:Classified:.

PSET forces would hide containers of weapons and explosives in sealed containers and hidden in an undersea compartment within the container ship. Finally, a container the size of a fridge was filled with C4, and the PSET forces in the ship held a switch to set it off in the event that they were caught.

3 of these ships would be sent every day, carrying 3 containers of guns, 2 containers of ammunition, and 1 of explosives. The containers were the same size as the one intended to blow the ship should they be caught. This means that each container could hold 12 fully automatic M-16s, and ample C-4.

.:Encrypted comms:.

From in a city in egypt, with a mafia leader.

"...Yes, that's where we'll be dumping them off the cargo vessel. Make sure you use the amphibious vessel to pick them up. "

"That's good and all, but why would you do this? What benefits do you get from this?"

"We cause Hungadada to expend resources fighting tou, and if you succeed, they lose their foothold in the Mediterranean. It's a win-win for us."

"But your a mercenary group, why do you care that they're there?"

"Because we were paid to care, and that's all you need to know. Now, that's more than you really needed to know."

"Fair enough. We'll make sure we get those containers."