Conspiracy Theories with Shifty

Conspiracy #3

What if those veteran players who quit claiming to be tired of the game or that just went inactive quietly really didn't leave us?

What if they rerolled and are slowly taking hold of micro alliance governments which would allow a quick venue to power and diplo talks with the protector's FA team. There they'd gather information about that side/faction and leak it to their home alliance. 

But what if not only are they working their way into micros, but also larger alliances as lower gov and eventually government to change the FA direction of somewhat stagnant or disorganized alliances?

It's plausible. I would not doubt that there are several old hands or veterans from a multitude of other games who are re-rolling and coming back into smaller positions.

The thing is, I think, doing this solo to be super influential is a hard job unless you have a particular personality. Those usually are pretty unique to each player, and for anyone with knowledge of an individual it'd be hard to conceal yourself. Doing this in a group would be a much easier sell, only you'd have to manage more personalities.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

Could a cabal of veteran players be secretly pulling the strings of all micros to further their nefarious goals?

Beats me, but at the end of the day, that's just a theory...a Game Theory! 

• Upvote 3

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

58 minutes ago, ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ said:

Conspiracy #3

What if those veteran players who quit claiming to be tired of the game or that just went inactive quietly really didn't leave us?

What if they rerolled and are slowly taking hold of micro alliance governments which would allow a quick venue to power and diplo talks with the protector's FA team. There they'd gather information about that side/faction and leak it to their home alliance. 

But what if not only are they working their way into micros, but also larger alliances as lower gov and eventually government to change the FA direction of somewhat stagnant or disorganized alliances?

LPS rerolled and now in some micro there's a nation with 1 city and 5000 infra 256422964410f6d5a6f3e5fdf59d18a8cacbd194.jpg

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ said:

Conspiracy #3

Sounds like a lot of effort and long term work for little payoff. Besides, people love to talk and brag. Secrets like this don't stay hidden long.

• Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

10 hours ago, Zed said:

It's plausible. I would not doubt that there are several old hands or veterans from a multitude of other games who are re-rolling and coming back into smaller positions.

The thing is, I think, doing this solo to be super influential is a hard job unless you have a particular personality. Those usually are pretty unique to each player, and for anyone with knowledge of an individual it'd be hard to conceal yourself. Doing this in a group would be a much easier sell, only you'd have to manage more personalities.

It can't be that hard. You're doing it as part of an alliance effort, so you'd really responses back to them and then respond with those ideas. You'd be taking phrases, speech patterns, and problem solving skills from multiple people. That would change how you're perceived. 

7 hours ago, Jodo said:

Sounds like a lot of effort and long term work for little payoff. Besides, people love to talk and brag. Secrets like this don't stay hidden long.

You would brag to your fellow alliance mates on a separate and hidden Discord server. No one needs to know but the inner circle enjoying the string pulling.

11 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ said:

Conspiracy #3

That's a helluva long game.....

On 11/27/2017 at 11:14 AM, TheNG said:

Could a cabal of veteran players be secretly pulling the strings of all micros to further their nefarious goals?

Beats me, but at the end of the day, that's just a theory...a Game Theory! 

I hate you, haha.

• Upvote 1

I mean, I admitted it. This is the only way I've been enjoying these games. You guys can play it however you like. I enjoy it this way.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:24 AM, ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ said:

It's not about alliance or faction intel. It's about individual intel. You do this to learn as much as possible about individuals. Not leaders but all members. Koso has influence on TKR, Sax has influence on Rose. You won't necessarily get to these people through FA, nor can you identify them. You can't influence an alliance just by influencing its FA or heads.

Coalitions are made up of alliances. Alliances are made up of individuals. You want to control a coalition, control the individuals. Learn what makes them tick. What triggers them, what baits them, what guides them, what morals they stick to, how and why they play.

Build this beautiful rube goldberg machine consisting entirely of Batman Gambits. But if you get stuck in an alliance, even as its leader, your hands are tied, your moves are limited.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:57 AM, Zed said:

It is easier solo. It is like a heist. The more people are in on the secret, the more easily it leaks. Friends are really hard to manage too. They follow their own paths and goals.

It's easier to make friends the second time. You know everyone's personalities. You can build rapport by telling them what they want they hear. And you can mislead them. Rerolls don't try to move mountains with sheer force. They plant explosives in strategic places.

But idk.

It's fun. It becomes a real game. But I regret that it cuts real friendships. I feel really bad lying to people. It comforts me when they don't believe anything I say. It builds barriers, to actual trust, actual friendships. To quote someone, "I would ask how you're doing but I feel you'd just make something up." And sadly, that feels a lot better than, "I'm in your area. Wanna hang out?"

There are nice people here. And it is regrettable to put on a mask, a persona, a VPN every time I touch the game. To never know the person on the other end, never showing up for their weddings, or inviting them to mine.

Maybe one day I'll settle down.

• Upvote 1