Colony Re-Work/Adjustment

On 11/21/2017 at 1:21 AM, Mogar said:

So then in actuality all I would have to do to be in compliance is add the Sinai to the land being loaned to Egypt and then isn't actually an issue at all.
Hawaii + Polynesia
Central America + Indies
South America
Morocco + Canarys
Yemen/Somalia

8 hours ago, Erin Brockovich said:

Have you guys decided what you guys want to do about the colony guidelines?

Can you make a ruling on whether or not my post above is accurate, from my understanding of your post where you stated

If the islands are near you homeland, I do not consider that as colony.

Islands near your colonies on the mainland will not be counted as a separate colony.

The only Islands that would be considered as its own colony would be the Hawaiian Islands because its distance from North America and Asia. 

Then Polynesia would be included in the Hawaiian colony.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:45 AM, Erin Brockovich said:

Reveal hidden contents

GwThdiP.png

As for the Pacific Islands historically we have made it count as 2 provinces

So that should settle the debate at how much they are worth

Though, they should also be counted as their own colony due to the amount of Islands that are there and the vastness of the area

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

• Moderators

I'm in agreement with Lelouch on the Pacific Islands. They should be considered separate due to the vastness of islands. However if you had the Hawaiian Islands, that'd be 1 colony, while the Pacific Islands would be considered as a separate colony. 

• Upvote 1

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

• Moderators

Guys, we need to make a decision how colony works. 

I personally agree with this

On 11/27/2017 at 3:30 PM, Dubayoo said:

This is seriously bizarre.  

You guys should be RPing colonial development, not just defining it according to distance or geography on a map.  Over time, it could be feasible to have colonies become mainland to a nation, especially in the case of someone RPing a thalassocracy.

Otherwise, everyone might as well just be playing "color in the lines" on a map.  That's not roleplaying.  It's barely any better than pixel hugging.

So can we work this into the colony guidelines?

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

While I disagree with the enclaves idea I believe Rping a colonial development would make some sense, although going really deep into it would hinder the "casual" side of the RP that is allowed under the map rules. The RP isn't a PvP nor is it an isolated amount of bubbles with people inside rping without interaction. So a decision that prevents both would be the best choice.

However, there is a similar idea to Enclaves and that being a type of guideline to subduing the population. This would be put into various stages where the one colonizing must spend 1 week colonizing the area (Getting trips to the area) and another week subduing the area based on how they feel (I.E. Either installing a native government or making the area an Autonomous region). This would increase how much one must post if they wish to have a colony and somewhat avoid a person virtually trapping other players and cutting them off from expanding.

For what defines a colony personally I believe Colonies should be as they were earlier and that is each grouping of land away from the Homeland past a certain distance is a Colony.

So per say a nation in the X area had two pieces of non-connected land in Y Area it would count as 2 colonies since they aren't connected and the land that divides it could be hostile making ill-suited to travel between land pieces and more incentive to reduce the spacing in between land. While the same wouldn't count with land divided by lakes since to establish a colony one must have the means to reach it by waterway.

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.