Baptist church massacre

William Bonney

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting/index.html

Gunman was a former member of the U.S. Air Force.   Does anyone else think that the gun laws in the U.S. need a review?  I think you should only be allowed to purchase weapons in your own state of residence (The article says he listed Colorado as his residence when he bought the gun) Any thoughts, input or suggestions are welcome.  

Since he was ex military I'm guessing it was a gov programmed gunman. Best way to force change is have a scared and angry public. Instead of reviewing gun laws let's maybe review the corrupt gov which would cause casualties to induce fear. There is a super long list of terrorist attacks either funded by or done directly by the US gov. Use your guns where they will do good and whack your politicians.

Just saying it's a better plan than stricter gun laws. I in no way endorse the use of guns to kill your gov but shit it would be a better plan than anything else I have seen.

• Upvote 1

The shooter was dishonorably discharged from the military. He shouldn't have been able to own any firearms. Once again, more laws =/= less shootings.

Statistically speaking, your chance of getting shot is extremely low. That chance goes down even more if you don't live in a big city. More gun control isn't the solution.

6 hours ago, Apeman said:

Since he was ex military I'm guessing it was a gov programmed gunman. Best way to force change is have a scared and angry public. Instead of reviewing gun laws let's maybe review the corrupt gov which would cause casualties to induce fear. There is a super long list of terrorist attacks either funded by or done directly by the US gov. Use your guns where they will do good and whack your politicians.

Just saying it's a better plan than stricter gun laws. I in no way endorse the use of guns to kill your gov but shit it would be a better plan than anything else I have seen.

The shooter in this case was an antifa/atheist. Not sure why he snapped, but the target made sense. I don't think the feds are involved.

I think the Vegas shooter was CIA related though. With a government like this, who needs enemies?

new_forum_sig_2.png

8 hours ago, William Bonney said:

Does anyone else think that the gun laws in the U.S. need a review?

No, everything is perfectly fine. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Laws are useless and won't help at all. When have laws ever done any good? Laws have never kept anyone safe, ever. These things just happen every now and then and are certainly not any indication of serious underlying psychological issues in the American populace at all. No way dude. If anything is to be done (not that anything needs to be or can be done, this is just the world we live in and nothing we do could possibly make an impact on gun violence), more people need to be armed so that when these things happen they can shoot back and defend themselves. Maybe they should start handing out guns and holy water at churches, for protection against the Devil's henchmen and for holy crusades. Really, the more guns the better. More armed and dangerous citizens will surely lead to a safer, healthier society. It'll be wonderful, trust me.

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

4 hours ago, Big Brother said:

No, everything is perfectly fine. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Laws are useless and won't help at all. When have laws ever done any good? Laws have never kept anyone safe, ever. These things just happen every now and then and are certainly not any indication of serious underlying psychological issues in the American populace at all. No way dude. If anything is to be done (not that anything needs to be or can be done, this is just the world we live in and nothing we do could possibly make an impact on gun violence), more people need to be armed so that when these things happen they can shoot back and defend themselves. Maybe they should start handing out guns and holy water at churches, for protection against the Devil's henchmen and for holy crusades. Really, the more guns the better. More armed and dangerous citizens will surely lead to a safer, healthier society. It'll be wonderful, trust me.

The law stated he couldn't have a firearm anyway. I'm hardly a gun supporter (British so all quite natural), but the guy was banned from having a gun and he got stopped by a legal gun owner. This is not a case you want to be screaming gun control about.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rozalia said:

The law stated he couldn't have a firearm anyway. I'm hardly a gun supporter (British so all quite natural), but the guy was banned from having a gun and he got stopped by a legal gun owner. This is not a case you want to be screaming gun control about.

That's not what I'm doing. I just think it's laughable yet tragic that these things happen time and time again, the same debate is raised, the same arguments are made yet in the end, nothing changes. Nothing will come of any of it and when it happens again, the same farce will start all over again. Where does it end? At this point, I don't care what specific solution is found so long as a solution is found, which is something the American authorities and the American people have been incapable of doing so far.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/mass-shootings-in-america/

An interesting article that has a neat feature: you can get a bio on any of the victims.  

Don Christensen, a retired Air Force colonel who supervised prosecutors when Kelley was brought before a court martial, told NBC News he was convicted of fracturing the skull of his infant stepson.

Kelley was also convicted of assaulting his wife, Tessa, in the same incident in 2012, he added. The incident happened while Kelley was stationed at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico.

Apparently the U.S. Air Force did not enter his priors into the national database and he was able to purchase weapons regardless.  

@Buorhann: 

Trump says tighter laws may have prevented the citizen who shot Kelley from owning a gun.  For once he got something right lol

I think that Republican candidate would support a reasonable gun regulation to turn them into knives which are not usable from the upper stories of a building into a distant crowd like five full stories down. Maybe he could have poked a single person? Definitely no massacre.

GICjEwp.gif

8 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

I think that Republican candidate would support a reasonable gun regulation to turn them into knives which are not usable from the upper stories of a building into a distant crowd like five full stories down. Maybe he could have poked a single person? Definitely no massacre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Not like he could've bought some fertilizer and started a farm or anything. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Which has been very thoroughly fixed since the OK City thing. It's also likely if you watch the videos of the Las Vegas incident you'll note the absence of bombs. Assuming we're working on facts rather than just, "I want guns no matter how many massacres happen" kind of stuff.

GICjEwp.gif

4 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Assuming we're working on facts rather than just, "I want guns no matter how many massacres happen" kind of stuff.

You want facts? In a 2013 study commissioned by President Obama, the CDC estimated that defensive gun uses number between several hundred thousand and several million per year in the U.S. Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are more common than offensive uses by criminals. http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

1 minute ago, durmij said:

Snopes has a history of being biased.

I saw a screenshot from the shooter's Facebook before it got taken down, and he had a lot of atheist and antifa pages 'liked'. Could be faked/doctored though.

new_forum_sig_2.png

2 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

Snopes has a history of being biased.

I saw a screenshot from the shooter's Facebook before it got taken down, and he had a lot of atheist and antifa pages 'liked'. Could be faked/doctored though.

It almost certainly is, the reports came out way to fast and were too damn info filled to be accurate. I mean, there is no way a journalist got access to fb chat groups in under 24 hours; police are not very forth coming to the press. Also, the story took on a similar pattern to Charlottesville, where the Antifa connection was also disproved.

3 minutes ago, durmij said:

It almost certainly is, the reports came out way to fast and were too damn info filled to be accurate. I mean, there is no way a journalist got access to fb chat groups in under 24 hours; police are not very forth coming to the press. Also, the story took on a similar pattern to Charlottesville, where the Antifa connection was also disproved.

I didn't hear about the one with Charlottesville and Antifa. You mean early on some people thought the driver of the car that killed the one woman was antifa?

new_forum_sig_2.png

1 minute ago, Thalmor said:

I didn't hear about the one with Charlottesville and Antifa. You mean early on some people thought the driver of the car that killed the one woman was antifa?

Yeah, they tracked down the car's original owner and shopped some antifa stuff onto his profile. He was actually just some apolitical teen from Ohio, iirc.

1 minute ago, durmij said:

Yeah, they tracked down the car's original owner and shopped some antifa stuff onto his profile. He was actually just some apolitical teen from Ohio, iirc.

Oh, I didn't know that! You learn something new every day.

The media is !@#$ed with how misinformation spreads early when crazy shit happens. Doesn't help that when it does happen, all the news outlets plasters the face of whoever did it everywhere. It only encourages it to happen more.

new_forum_sig_2.png

Just now, Thalmor said:

Oh, I didn't know that! You learn something new every day.

The media is !@#$ed with how misinformation spreads early when crazy shit happens. Doesn't help that when it does happen, all the news outlets plasters the face of whoever did it everywhere. It only encourages it to happen more.

Some trolls actually got internet reviewer Anthony Fantano's face used in Australia after the Chris Mercer Oregon shooting. He was less than thrilled.

16 minutes ago, durmij said:

Some trolls actually got internet reviewer Anthony Fantano's face used in Australia after the Chris Mercer Oregon shooting. He was less than thrilled.

After the recent baptist church shooting in Texas, a Congressman said Sam Hyde did it:

new_forum_sig_2.png

I saw that. News organizations need to stop trying to compete with the blogsphere. They are never going to win in speed, their strategic advantage is in budget and ability to be concise, vis a vis infographics. 

The church shooting in Texas is the worst case for any leftist to try to push gun control. Not only was the shooting stopped by a guy with the oh so scary AR-15, but the gun laws in place would have worked IF our super competent government would've done what they we're supposed to do. 

Gun control won't fix human error/stupidity. 

• Upvote 1