WTF happened to this place?

Sailor Jerry

2 hours ago, GalacticManatee said:

Tbh, I kinda agree with Leoben.
I used to have Slack logs of Lordship with his panties in a wad due to me, Sargun and PirateMonkey posting on the OWF back in the day.
I probably cant find them due to that being a year and 3 alliances ago, but it partially led to me leaving in the first place.

Context though? It's not uncommon to tell a player to stop biting bait or shitposting unskillfully.

7 hours ago, Micchan said:

Watching the treaty web of Rose I'm more convinced that we should have a max number of treaties, like 4 treaties max

Also the two major blocs should meet and agree to a double split to go from 2 to 4 blocs, like TKR bloc, Rose bloc, NPO bloc, BK bloc, plus there's the nuke bloc and maybe Knights Templar with another bloc

Right now if you are for example t$ you can only fight with paperless alliances because if you try to hit anyone else half of the game jumps on you, but if you have many tiny blocs even a paperless alliance has a chance

The fundamental problem is we're in the late stages of a sphere versus sphere paper arms race. No one will do this because no one wants to be the one to blink and possibly expose themselves with a tiny shred of weakness. As for the relation problem, I ranted about it at length. Old !@#$ers need to retire. The FA scene needs new blood from all the major players or we'll all be making the same shitposts 6 months from now.

3 hours ago, Micchan said:

Your fault for using slack

Slack has its uses, but not for something like PnW as much.

3 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

I'd be down to set something up for this. Is Cornerstone interested? :P

Me personally yes, by this point I am down for us simply waging wars in other games (total war, etc.) if it is too cost prohibitive here just to have something to do. But I can't speak for the government because democracy is such a pain. :P

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

1 hour ago, durmij said:

Context though? It's not uncommon to tell a player to stop biting bait or shitposting unskillfully.

What was weird was at first we just ventured out and commented on stuff which gov didn't like because we weren't FA or something.
But I didn't like feeling censored when there was nothing to sensor. So I continued.

(When do I even post anything really?)
Then I told Grub to &#33;@#&#036; himself, because &#33;@#&#036; Grub. <_<
But at that point I was already leaving so that wasn't the issue. Tbh, it was a weird time in TKR's history. A time of OOC attacks on slack and censorship on the OWF :blink:

7 minutes ago, GalacticManatee said:

Tbh, it was a weird time in TKR's history. A time of OOC attacks on slack and censorship on the OWF :blink:

When hasn't it been?

efc4a56a7a949bf.png

• Upvote 1

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

On 11/1/2017 at 8:25 PM, LeotheGreat said:

1: The reason OWF sucks is because it's a cancerous circle jerk that is hostile to any IQ content. You basically have a group of dedicated trolls who shit on anything and everything related to IQ and it's allies. People shit on BK for basically leaving yet when we were here all we got was shit for performing a politically dynamic move. Ironically now we get shit on for not participating in a biased and frankly dumb "dynamic" moves so for us the only way to win is not to play. Complain all you want about the forum's culture it's your guys creation now live with it.

2: One treaty stands above all others for maintaining the status quo (hint 1+7). 

>checks the quote

>checks who upvoted it

>'circle jerk'

The "circle jerk" you imply here was only caused because of the idiocy of BK and CS's new leadership changes (I'd include in BoC and Chola, but they weren't terrible with the sudden shift).  NPO was already hated on, that was a no brainer.

It had nothing to do with you guys leaving, at least with the leadership of Syndisphere behind the scenes.  It was the way how the new leadership conducted themselves during the move.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Touche'

Looks like hades made you guys well for Roq.

(Speaking of, can we petition to have hades change his avatar to Eggman/Robotnik?)

Don't forget the free roqboat which was made to carry us around the world. The Church of Orderology was clearly the greatest cult Orbis has ever seen. 

16 hours ago, GalacticManatee said:

A time of OOC attacks on slack and censorship on the OWF :blink:

Lordship literally told us to stop shitposting a week or two ago so it's not like this was a "time", it's always been that way.  

• Upvote 1

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

16 minutes ago, Sargun said:

Lordship literally told us to stop shitposting a week or two ago so it's not like this was a "time", it's always been that way.  

That's commendable, but it doesn't get the job done one way or another.  Stopping that while refraining from doing anything else just allows others to make a mess.  A "responsible" alliance doesn't stop.  It responds to control others who act up.

Lacking that response makes him seem like someone who tells you not to stand up for yourself when you get punched in the face while turning a blind eye when others get punched.  There's nothing knightly or radiant about that.

21 hours ago, Micchan said:

Your fault for using slack

You are totally winning the argument

Believe it or not I know from personal experience as well as testimonies from other friends who have been in TKR before you even thought about playing PnW. So if it's a dick measuring contest you want, it's one you'll get. I've been in this game under various names for probably double the amount of time you've been here so please go on.

5 minutes ago, Leoben said:

Believe it or not I know from personal experience as well as testimonies from other friends who have been in TKR before you even thought about playing PnW. So if it's a dick measuring contest you want, it's one you'll get. I've been in this game under various names for probably double the amount of time you've been here so please go on.

25583837505be89eae66d089934141811c4f6d63.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Correct, that and pixelhuggers, passive alliance leaders, micros, (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) players, opportunistic egotists, salty butthurt 3 year old grudge holders, and pirates who hug loot rather than pixels.

As I said previously, being in a main sphere doesn't "completely isolate you from all risk". I could level most of the same criticisms at KT. who ducked out of the last war and has stayed neutral in the overall conflict to protect their nations.

Infact, most of the alliances who've been in an actual war recently are in the main spheres because the main spheres are where the bulk of conventional wars happen. Its literally where you go to get involved in wars. Unfortunately that is the meta, has been well before alot of us started playing and its not likely to change just because you cross your fingers and wish real hard (and spend all your time whining and doing nothing).

Not even gonna address that TEst bs since I've had my 2 cents on that multiple times before.

This is probably your dumbest comment, as having friends doesn't require a utopia lmfao. This is a valid case for some alliances, and ironically is more prevalent in alliances that "don't take the game too seriously". Not sure how KT views its allies but your entire post seems to be you projecting your views of the game and FA on everyone else rather than acknowledging the pretty obvious differences in how different alliances play the game lmfao.

My advice: Maybe learn the actual problems with the game and work to fix them (good luck) rather than whining on the forums like every other self righteous hypocrite this game has.

First let me say Sketchy that you're a huge problem because you're one of those people who are content with how things are and make no effort to change anything. Oh maybe you do in private, or at least say you do, but the fact that you actively respond and attempt to destroy anyone that speaks out against how you like to play this game, makes it obvious to me and everyone else.

Second, how about we keep KT out of this. Your attempt to bring in my alliance as if every word I say is a reflection of KT is cliche and has, at various times in OWF history, been addressed and discarded as a piss poor argument. This whole narrative of "KT ducked out because P I X E L H U G G E R" is absolute garbage, I'm surprised you still have that thought in your mind after the countless times it's been proven to be utter bs. We get it Sketchy, you don't like KT. We should all probably take this as a sign Rose hates KT too, right?

Third, surrounding yourself with 14 treaties is in fact hiding from conflict. Perhaps not hiding, but it's a huge shell of alliances that can take the beating for you. It greatly limits the damage you'll sustain and is one of the major reasons, apart from competency, that TKR is where it's at today. Do you actually think people will go to war with you with 14 treaties? Maybe IQ would but that's about the only viable enemy. We all know, like TKR, that you'd completely dogpile any alliance that tries to even get close to you. You guys were about to do it with HW. If that isn't evidence enough that your mentality is anti-war, then idk what else to say.

Fourth, alright so you're the type to ignore realpolitik. Got it. I've likely been in more alliances than you Sketchy, believe it or not. I've seen it in plain sight. I've seen it in the inactive discord channels and forum embassies. Perhaps you need glasses or something? There are plenty of treaties in existence that were signed for sphere consolidation and as a response to a threat, particularly in EMC. To ignore this fact is just beyond idiotic and is so naive it makes me dizzy.

We all get it Sketchy. This is the only time in Rose's history where you guys have been relatively safe and you want to protect that. Maybe this will be the 1 time Rose actually does well in a war. But to try to spin having 14 treaties as being a good environment for war is such a bad play and I'm honestly surprised Rose let's you talk at all.

Side note, apparently you don't actually know what projecting means.

Edited by Leoben
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

That's commendable, but it doesn't get the job done one way or another.  Stopping that while refraining from doing anything else just allows others to make a mess.  A "responsible" alliance doesn't stop.  It responds to control others who act up.

Lacking that response makes him seem like someone who tells you not to stand up for yourself when you get punched in the face while turning a blind eye when others get punched.  There's nothing knightly or radiant about that.

ok cool

who are you?

• Upvote 2

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

4 hours ago, Leoben said:

Rin reroll?

3 hours ago, Leoben said:

First let me say Sketchy that you're a huge problem because you're one of those people who are content with how things are and make no effort to change anything. Oh maybe you do in private, or at least say you do, but the fact that you actively respond and attempt to destroy anyone that speaks out against how you like to play this game, makes it obvious to me and everyone else.

Content isn't the world I'd use, I just realise how shit the FA is how likely it is that it won't change. Hence why I'm quitting it lmfao.

Second, how about we keep KT out of this. Your attempt to bring in my alliance as if every word I say is a reflection of KT is cliche and has, at various times in OWF history, been addressed and discarded as a piss poor argument. This whole narrative of "KT ducked out because P I X E L H U G G E R" is absolute garbage, I'm surprised you still have that thought in your mind after the countless times it's been proven to be utter bs. We get it Sketchy, you don't like KT. We should all probably take this as a sign Rose hates KT too, right?

The underlying point was if you have a problem with how things are, less preaching and more fixing your own might be a good idea. Also, I don't hate KT btw lmfao. 

Third, surrounding yourself with 14 treaties is in fact hiding from conflict. Perhaps not hiding, but it's a huge shell of alliances that can take the beating for you. It greatly limits the damage you'll sustain and is one of the major reasons, apart from competency, that TKR is where it's at today. Do you actually think people will go to war with you with 14 treaties? Maybe IQ would but that's about the only viable enemy. We all know, like TKR, that you'd completely dogpile any alliance that tries to even get close to you. You guys were about to do it with HW. If that isn't evidence enough that your mentality is anti-war, then idk what else to say.

I mean, that is a bit disingenuous.

4 of our treaties are protectorates, so you can't argue they are part of a "shell". 5 of them are OD level treaties, some of which are tied to the other sphere with MD treaties and are unlikely to protect us if those treaties were to conflict and others who aren't even in EMC. Of the 5 MD, 2 are in a bloc with a supremacy clause.

Also, do you actually think people would go to war with us if we had 1 treaty?

Fourth, alright so you're the type to ignore realpolitik. Got it. I've likely been in more alliances than you Sketchy, believe it or not. I've seen it in plain sight. I've seen it in the inactive discord channels and forum embassies. Perhaps you need glasses or something? There are plenty of treaties in existence that were signed for sphere consolidation and as a response to a threat, particularly in EMC. To ignore this fact is just beyond idiotic and is so naive it makes me dizzy.

We all get it Sketchy. This is the only time in Rose's history where you guys have been relatively safe and you want to protect that. Maybe this will be the 1 time Rose actually does well in a war. But to try to spin having 14 treaties as being a good environment for war is such a bad play and I'm honestly surprised Rose let's you talk at all.

Side note, apparently you don't actually know what projecting means.

I didn't say I ignore realpolitik lmfao. Nor did I say no treaties have been signed for sphere consolidation. My entire view can be summarized in two points, A: The games current FA scene isn't likely to change  B: especially not when all the people who &#33;@#&#036; about it don't do shit themselves other than complain.

Its those realpolitik people you refer to who are the reason the game isn't likely to change. As bad as the game is now people would be &#33;@#&#036;ing way more if we were still under a hegemoney like we were around a year ago. If one side splits up your inevitably going to get certain actors coming in and attempting to fill that power vacuum and secure a hegemoney, and there are enough fluffy pixel hugger alliances and weak apologists that this time it could be more permanent.

I didn't say it was a good environment for war either (its clearly not). But splitting needs to happen on both sides and I don't see that happening in the current climate. I'd split from EMC tomorrow if I thought IQ would do the same, I've not exactly been a vocal about a love for sphere politics lmfao. Maybe if people acted with a bit more realism and less idealism they'd be able to make a dent in this shitshow.

• Upvote 2

XLL3z4T.gif

59 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Its those realpolitik people you refer to who are the reason the game isn't likely to change. As bad as the game is now people would be &#33;@#&#036;ing way more if we were still under a hegemoney like we were around a year ago. If one side splits up your inevitably going to get certain actors coming in and attempting to fill that power vacuum and secure a hegemoney, and there are enough fluffy pixel hugger alliances and weak apologists that this time it could be more permanent.

I didn't say it was a good environment for war either (its clearly not). But splitting needs to happen on both sides and I don't see that happening in the current climate. I'd split from EMC tomorrow if I thought IQ would do the same, I've not exactly been a vocal about a love for sphere politics lmfao. Maybe if people acted with a bit more realism and less idealism they'd be able to make a dent in this shitshow.

The big thing you're missing it doesn't really have the  huge impact you cite for Rose to break off. It doesn't make it an overwhelming IQ victory at all.  The split proposals are essentially fake splits which just entail on paper fragmentation and no conflict between  the alliances since there is nothing actually prompting them. Consequently the same alliances remain on top while the opposition is fragmented unless we do the same type of under the table deals and then have to come together in a more ad hoc manner with more alliances to bring to the table. IQ for the most part isn't really a direct competitor to most of the other side mechanically. In any war scenario, a lot of alliances will barely take any damage on that side The only chance of an outright win for IQ would have been if a bunch of paperless/unaffiliated joined in on the upper tier, which would have been a miracle. With the recent Rose treaty signing, it removes even more mechanical competition.

If the side Rose is on fractured for real reasons rather than handshake agreements, it might trigger wider splits based on people choosing different sides in those disputes. There isn't really any chance of IQ becoming dominant for long in any scenario if the conditions allowed for it anyway since the former Syndisphere alliances would have the same reason to split that they did when making IQ. One side has more risk averse/loss averse attitudes and one side doesn't. IQ mainly exists as an alternative sphere to the one made up of many of the same alliances dominating the political landscape continuously.