VIP cover image info is wiped when subscription is renewed

Kemal Ergenekon

When an account becomes non-VIP and you renew the VIP membership, things like the nation background and the youtube video are preserved. This is not true for "Cover Image". I have to re-enter the link each time. Can this be made persistent like the other components? Thanks.

77oKn5K.png

• Administrators
On 11/1/2017 at 6:49 PM, Kemal Ergenekon said:

Lol, so this is a feature not a bug.

Then you should add a checkbox for automated renewal, Alex. Do not expect us to remember a random date every month.

With a subscription you do have automated renewal! But also you get a notification on your nation page when you have < X days remaining before it expires, where X is between 3 and 10 off the top of my head.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You intentionally do not want to make it easy for people to let their VIP status expire for even a day by this "forget the links to all custom content" trick. You intentionally do not want to add a checkbox which will renew the VIP subscription on the expiration date as long as you have the necessary credits on your account. This isn't hard, so I guess this is what you think of as a good strategy to boost subscription revenues. Good luck convincing people to do that with these kind of cheap tricks.

• Upvote 1
77oKn5K.png

• Administrators
On 11/6/2017 at 9:01 AM, Kemal Ergenekon said:

You intentionally do not want to make it easy for people to let their VIP status expire for even a day by this "forget the links to all custom content" trick. You intentionally do not want to add a checkbox which will renew the VIP subscription on the expiration date as long as you have the necessary credits on your account. This isn't hard, so I guess this is what you think of as a good strategy to boost subscription revenues. Good luck convincing people to do that with these kind of cheap tricks.

It's not about cheap tricks at all, it's about the time and effort it takes to re-write the system to save custom images and know when to show them. Right now most custom images are saved in the same spot as regular images, so there's no way to change them when you lose VIP but by resetting them to something else. I try to minimize database size to keep the game running quickly.

And I also just don't think it's that hard to renew VIP early. Renewing early doesn't give you any less time on VIP, you could buy 6 months of it all in bulk if that's what you wanted.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

13 hours ago, Alex said:

It's not about cheap tricks at all, it's about the time and effort it takes to re-write the system to save custom images and know when to show them. Right now most custom images are saved in the same spot as regular images, so there's no way to change them when you lose VIP but by resetting them to something else. I try to minimize database size to keep the game running quickly.

And I also just don't think it's that hard to renew VIP early. Renewing early doesn't give you any less time on VIP, you could buy 6 months of it all in bulk if that's what you wanted.

We both know that saving a few small images will not put a great strain on the server storage space anytime soon with the number of players you have. You could also just save the link we provide for the upload instead of saving the file on your server. But you are saying you don't have the incentives to code, which is the real answer.

I didn't know I could sink credits into the VIP before expiration to get the same amount of days. That will probably solve my problem.

• Upvote 1
77oKn5K.png