Those Who Do Nothing Never Amount to Something

Dubayoo

Last night, there was a roast, but after the roast, a point got made that there are so many people who do nothing and those people are difficult to make fun of. 

I really have to disagree here.  Those people are some of the easiest to make fun of all.  Why?  You can make fun of them for everything they're not.

Those people have no personality, no ambition, no drive, no success, no track record, and ultimately, no value.  They are garbage by default.  Their very existence is a disease. They're a virus to be purged and exterminated because at the end of the day, all they do is take up space.  They're like fat, feces, and filth all rolled up in one.  They simply sit there and accomplish absolutely nothing.  

They're like braindead zombies who wake up when the simplest of opportunities comes across, and they're the easiest to trap because they don't watch out.  Their weakness is in not wanting to be pushed around to do anything, and immediately going into fight or flight mode.  They either lash out in reaction, or deal with it.  In turn, they either stumble into ambushes, or get chiseled away at over time.  Either way, they only realize what's happened to them once it's too late.

Most of all, these people are anti-social.  They aren't on the regular watch out for what's going on around.  Yea, they might beware of their immediate surroundings, but everything big goes far over their heads.  They're caught up in their own little corner of the world, and don't want to be bothered with anything else.  They find it too aggravating to be bothered. They're hypersensitive and insensitive, brash and petty, and always have something to be angry about even if they don't admit it.  At the end of the day, they're envious of what they are not, and make up excuses for why they don't bother to pursue it.  A lot of the time, they laugh it off, but that's really an anxious laugh that's afraid of others finding out the truth about them.  It's a lie because when people do nothing, they don't have something of substance...

...so how do you make fun of these people?

It's simple - you just run them over.  It's like a tractor trailer squashing a bug.  You turn them into roadkill.  You ram them so hard that they just splatter all over.  You blare your horn, announce your arrival, and slam them into the pavement.  You might not get all of them, but that's OK.  At first you just want to get as many as possible, and enjoy how you've made a mess of their guts all over the place.  After that, they'll scatter about to avoid you, and that's when you divide and conquer.  You slow down a bit, turn the steering wheel, and change course.  Again, you won't get all of them, but you'll get most of them.  As for the last few, you just forget about them.  You leave them in the dust, and remember that they don't matter: 

• You guys must eat sponge all day from how self-absorbed you are.
  • You guys think your heads are saving good ideas, but I'd light a match under your asses just so you can smell how bad they stink once they come out of where your heads have been hiding. 
  • I'd make fun of you guys for stating the obvious except you don't stand for anything because you're oblivious.
  • Not necessarily, huh?  Well guess what, you're not necessary.
  • You think that's going too far?  Since when have you been going anywhere at all?
  • You might say what I say doesn't matter, but we know you never did anything but shit on the crapper.
  • You can say you don't care all you want, but at the end of the day, we both know you don't have anything worth caring about.
  • Yea, the fact of the matter is you're still around, but I've better things to do than listen to you make a sound.
  • For someone who cares about the long-run, you sure are tugging on me to focus on you right now a ton.
  • Have fun holding hands while having a tea party because the lot of you just want to go home and cry for Mommy.
  • You'll never know when I come back, but you'll always be afraid of me cutting you off from holding on to slack.

It's that simple really.  When you're dealing with others who are parasites that just take up space and waiting for a host to latch onto, you remind them of how pitiful, pathetic, rotten, unworthy, and undeserving they are on their own.  You remind them of how left unto themselves, they don't amount to anything, so there's no reason to give them credit as well as every reason to give them blame.  Those who do nothing can be criticized for everything they're not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Don't be such an elitist; why do you think you have the authority to judge the personalities of everyone else?

99% percent of the game does nothing except follow orders, and they can't even do that correctly a lot of the time. Does that mean they can be called braindead and garbage? If you want to kick them all from the game, go ahead. I look forward to seeing this game become even more of a dick measuring contest than it already is, where people will be even more afraid of going to war because they have no one left to back them up.

There are people who have lives outside this game. Some are in the military, some have jobs and kids they need to support. Plenty have probably accomplished way more than you in real life, so why do you feel the need to go to such lengths to mock them in-game? If that's seriously how you feel about people you consider to be "under" you, then you're the self-absorbed one, not them. Plus, everyone is petty in this game; you're being petty just by ranting so much about people you consider insignificant. Lots of people (I'd say the majority) play this game for the community, including me, and I can understand why they don't want to be bothered by all the trash that comes out of the OWF every day. Just because they don't pursue what you pursue doesn't mean that you get to look down on them for being different.

OK, that middle paragraph is just sick, and a bit sadistic too.

Let's try turning around your bullet points on you, shall we?

• You were born into a meaningless universe that doesn't give a shit what happens to you in your lifetime and once you die.
  • You will almost certainly never be a billionaire or even a millionaire, and you will never be able to impact the lives of many.
  • Besides your immediate family and friends, no one will remember your name when you die, and you will have contributed close to nothing towards the progress of human society.
  • You might rant on Facebook, rant on the OWF, maybe attend a few rallies, maybe even be a good citizen and vote. Your individual vote will never matter. Stalin said it best - "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." Any remotely large organization will consider you a statistic that can be used for their personal gain. Nothing more.
  • The world could leave you for dust, and nothing would change.
  • For someone who claims to care so much about the long term, you really seem focused on shaping everyone around yourself.
  • Have fun crying about your fears in the real world.

Doesn't that sound just wrong to you? If it doesn't I don't know what does.

In my opinion, there are two important groups of people to criticize. People who others would not normally dare criticize, but most importantly, people with the potential to do something great.

First group is kind of obvious. People have idols they look up to, and in a lot of cases they will avoid seeing their flaws; this is why a lot of people tell you never to meet your idols. Criticizing your idols means you will learn to accept that all humans are imperfect, and that you have a lot to develop yourself if you want to be a better person. It also means you don't get triggered as much, which is always a plus.

With the second group, your goal is to turn people with potential into doers and fighters. If you want to be successful, you have to accept criticism and have the intrinsic motivation to do whatever it takes to accomplish your goal. Furthermore, this means you have to lead by example. If you want to change Orbis, start with yourself, then those around you.

And let me tell you, almost everyone has potential.

So what exactly do you think you can accomplish by mocking them and seeking to destroy them?

• Upvote 2