Alex

10/24/2017 - Treaty Web Renovation

40 posts in this topic

I'd like to congratulate our allies TKR and NPO on their MDoAP! May world peace last forever! 

*sees OWR on the treaty web*
OH LOOK MOM WE MADE IT

I wonder how many might join in just listing their treaties in their forum public areas and wiki listings rather than bother with this stuff.

It's actually top 45 that's shown, not top 50. No wonder i don't see some alliances (like ET) up there.

The lines should be more elastic. I want chaos when I drag an alliance with several connections far away and let go.

Can you add a paperless so I can see who's friends with who on the outside of the web?

4 hours ago, Aleph said:

Some suggestions:

• directional option for protection treaties
  • make the scaling not entirely dependent on aa size so you can actually see more than the top 10 without zooming
  • make alliances clickable
  • add mdap
  • Fixed scaling
  • Alliances are now clickable
4 hours ago, Cypher said:

Could you add in a feature where we would be able to remove old treaties from the control panel?

• Expired/Canceled treaties will be removed automatically after a time
4 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

How is any of this going to be enforced?

• It's not. I stated multiple times, in bold, in the OP that it's all optional and unenforced.
4 hours ago, TheCreepyLurker said:

Can treaties also show up on the alliance page and not just in the web?  

• Done! Complete with mini-treaty-web and all!
3 hours ago, Apollo said:

+ Expand the threshold to top 60 AAs (with 20,000 score minimum to show up on the web). There's a lot of smaller, established alliances situated between 35,000 and 20,000 score which should be represented here. For example, we currently have half of the Bad Company bloc left out of the treaty web.

• I've lowered the minimum score to 30,000
49 minutes ago, NewOttomans said:

It's actually top 45 that's shown, not top 50. No wonder i don't see some alliances (like ET) up there.

• It's up to the top 50, not necessarily the top 50. All alliances shown must be above 30,000 score.
21 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Can you add a paperless so I can see who's friends with who on the outside of the web?

• What?

An update without a world war going on? You not feeling well Alex? Hearing voices?

Can you either have an option to filter out by treaty type, or just remove NAP's from the treaty web. They really shouldn't be on there.

Something like this would be good: http://rialliance.net/treatyweb.html

Needs better collision mechanics. Can't hurl Arrgh through the web and cause chaos across the web wherever it goes. 0/10, would not recommend.

Also,

3 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Can you either have an option to filter out by treaty type, or just remove NAP's from the treaty web. They really shouldn't be on there.

Holy crap that hasn't been updated in a while.

Alex, can protection treaties be sent to anyone?

It'd be nice to have it show up for the big alliances that protect under top 50/30k NS. 

3 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Or if not filtered out, can you change the color scheme? It looks nice right now, but the NAP looks somewhat similar to MDOAP despite being opposites. Making MDP a similar color and making NAPs different (especially grey to show there's no relationship) would probably make for a more effective but still visually appealing chart. I think.

Ignore previous; it made more sense in my head.

This is a great feature! I especially like that a link to the treaty text is included as an option. Thank you!

17 hours ago, Alex said:

All I can do is try :P

Yeah we know that you try... pretty obvious

The Treaty Web is a Web of An Autistic Spider imo