#SexismEndsNow

Kynlo

7 hours ago, Gabranth said:

Bad statement when it is unfounded. You can't talk about sexism in the game without clear-cut examples of discrimination or legitimate threats either ingame or elsewhere, because as it stands you haven't provided any other than shifty, of all people, calling out thots for being thots. That's not sexism or discrimination, that's calling out individual behaviour, not collective woman-hating. All things considered, this game is perhaps the least sexist out of any game as any and all actual attempts at making sexist remarks are shut down quickly by other players in the public domain. I have firsthand experience. Regardless, treating women differently shouldn't be frowned upon because, at the end of the day, they are different. Women and men are not the same, and it shouldn't be a political statement to say so, but as long as everyone is treated with mutual respect then its a non-issue. That's exactly what this is. A non-issue.

Great idea.  Terrible conclusion.  Treat everyone with mutual respect is the goal.  You believe that to be true.  Weather it's an issue here or not is now longer the arguement it's what you just said.  "Treat people with mutual respect" we legit agree bro

5 hours ago, Thalmor said:

Using 'gay' as a slur is homophobia. Onto the list you go.

But I am happy

7 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

Person X: "There is gun violence in the OWF that needs to be addressed." 

Person Y: "I agree." 

Person Z: "I haven't seen any. Care to show us some examples, since I haven't seen any?" 

Person Y: "I didn't state it, I only agreed." 

Person X: "There is gun violence in the OWF." 

Person Z: "Any particular post?" 

Person X + Y: "You're -ist!" 

Person A.  "Gun violence is bad"

Me.  "I agree" 

End.  Of.  Story.  

Why is this so hard to understand.  The point here is sexism needs combated.  Not.  OMG we are the least sexist game of 2017 where's our trophy.  

• Downvote 6

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

6 hours ago, Edwardidk said:

Don't quite understand what your point is here...

You're not standing up for equal rights. By agreeing with what the OP was posting, you are effectively saying that sexism is a problem in PnW, and there needs to be immediate action taken. Throughout this post, I'm just asking for anyone to back up their claims with some sort of evidence. I have neither targeted you or "treated you like a murder suspect", so stop playing the victim.

Playing the victim.  Gosh you see my Facebook messages when I post this stuff.  Sadly this is taking that same path.  Yet that's not the issue.  I put yet another example and got called a "victim" 

A.  I am a victim.  Just not of owf abuse.  Or whatever someone might call this if they made such a claim.  But yes.  A victim of sexual abuse.  You want proof?  How about I post pictures of a 300 pound man attacking me when I was 2.... 

B.  Proof isn't needed to agree with a cause.  It's not longer if it's true. It's that we as a community should not let it become true.  Also confused on how standing up for women not getting sexually assaulted isn't standing uo for the cause of equality.  That's like saying I hate fast food.  While eating McDonald's.  It's a contradiction thus untrue.  

C.  You've read the article Orbis News posted.  You've seen it's claimed by a woman.  Yet you haggle me for the proof.. Have you tried asking said woman?  Just an idea.  

• Upvote 2

yUpP2fl.jpg

So you want us 1200 male players whom 80% are edgy to be extra nice to 5 female players.  #NoSexismIfTheArentNoFemales

6 hours ago, Featherine said:

Fake and gay.

When a women says an antisexism post is fake and gay, it's very likely to be fake and gay. 

Edited by MinesomeMC
  • Upvote 1

I'm a racist and a sexist.

I believe in having sex and whoever makes the other get off first wins...

...or maybe it's whoever gets off first?

...but then they say slow and steady wins the race.  :D

• Upvote 2

Seriously on page 9 of this? This was the wrong way to go about any of that. First you know what edgelords want? More air time. Now you got the normal people agreeing with these idiots. Well, this made it worse if anything. Sexism doesn't end now, certainly not here. Just leave it be and shun them. Don't give them any time. Not worth it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

hWFChl5.jpg      All die anderen wollen mich vor Ihr bewahren und alles, was sie sagen, ist wahr.

For the record, I'd just like to say I've received plenty of praise for my sexism.  The ladies I've been with have said they've never experienced someone quite like me, and only those who don't know what they're missing would complain about it. 

After all, when you give someone rolling climaxes for hours on end, they kind of get addicted to you.  :-P

5 hours ago, Micchan said:

I want to be in the list too

Micchan wants be on the Homophobic List. But Micchan can't be on more than four lists. 

Delete membership on an old list?

1. No Fly List

2. FBI Most Wanted List

3. Terrorist Watch List 

4. TKR's Greatest Members List

Edited by Rache Olderen

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

20 minutes ago, Rache Olderen said:

Micchan wants be on the Homophobic List. But Micchan can't be on more than four lists. 

Delete membership on an old list?

1. No Fly List

2. FBI Most Wanted List

3. Terrorist Watch List 

4. TKR's Greatest Members List

4 absolutely not

3 nope because I have made the NRF

I delete 1 because I don't need to fly and 2 becase FBI is american so who cares

Now you can add me in the homophobic list and I have a free space for future goals

Men suck, women are scum, gays are not welcome, lesbians too, traps are gay so not welcome, old people are garbage, kids are shit panted with cute painting, all races should be burned in hell, but nothing is worse than me except the lack of wars in P&W

The only good world is a world populated only by cats

Edited by Micchan

17 hours ago, JPMorgan said:

Someone who claims a crime may or may not be believed, but no conviction can be made until proof is provided.

And the burden of proof depends on the accuser, not the accused, in a just society.

4 absolutely not

3 nope because I have made the NRF

I delete 1 because I don't need to fly and 2 becase FBI is american so who cares

Now you can add me in the homophobic list and I have a free space for future goals

It is good to have goals.

• Upvote 1

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

28 minutes ago, ArcKnox said:

now you've gone too far

But in the eeeeeeend
It doesn't even maaaaatteeeeerrrrrr

18 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

Did u just assume her IT’s GENDER?!

Now look at this magic

32 minutes ago, ArcKnox said:

Woah man now you've gone too far

Wo ah man now you've gone too far

ah Wo man now you've gone too far

Ah! Woman now you've gone too far

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Johnny Costello said:

Person A.  "Gun violence is bad"

Me.  "I agree" 

End.  Of.  Story.  

Why is this so hard to understand.  The point here is sexism needs combated.  Not.  OMG we are the least sexist game of 2017 where's our trophy.  

"Gun violence is bad" is a lot different than "gun violence is rampant on the OWF and we need to create a list of people to combat it." I could've said "misandry is rampant on the OWF." Would you also agree with that statement with no specific post/evidence to back up the claim? 

• Upvote 2

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

To be fair, even I'm understanding of how reality and evidence don't always correspond...

...but feminism loves empiricism, so meh.  Live by the sword, die by the sword.  That's violence for you.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Spectral said:

The classic 'asking for proof just shows your a sexist' argument. Clearly you've defeated us and shown how Uber evil we are.

If it's too personal for you to post in here, then there's nothing you can do to show us there is this proclaimed 'epidemic'. So I'll tell yiu what; go to the alliance leader of whatever aa they're in, report it, and let them take action. But telling us you don't need to show proof making baseless accusations, and then making a moronic blanket statement about everyone disagreeing with yiu, because they disagree with you, just shows that you aren't an adult. I suggest you take a step back from the comp.

Take this advice @Spaceman Thrax

4 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

"Gun violence is bad" is a lot different than "gun violence is rampant on the OWF and we need to create a list of people to combat it." I could've said "misandry is rampant on the OWF." Would you also agree with that statement with no specific post/evidence to back up the claim? 

Yes. !@#$ Misandry as I have posted thst in this exact thread.  

yUpP2fl.jpg

21 hours ago, Gabranth said:

You can't talk about sexism in the game without clear-cut examples of discrimination or legitimate threats either ingame or elsewhere, because as it stands you haven't provided any other than shifty, of all people, calling out thots for being thots. That's not sexism or discrimination, that's calling out individual behaviour, not collective woman-hating.

Why not?  Is there some rule that says you can give whatever opinion you want without proof EXCEPT an opinion about sexism?  The OP has free speech rights just like everyone else.  Plenty of people express opinions about plenty of topics that I've read without clear "proof."

In terms of your comment about shifty, that's your opinion.  If someone is offended by what someone else says neither you nor I can say "oh no you're not."  Maybe you and I were not offended but we are not the other person.

If the majority of people here do not feel they have seen sexist comments or seen women treated in a way unequal to men in the game, good for them.  I do not have any problems with that.  However I am disappointed that people feel the need to argue with an OP who is expressing an opinion based on the OP's own experience. I would of thought that everyone would want a fellow PnW person to be able to enjoy the same hobby the rest of us do and not jump on her and demand "proof" for bringing up a concern that makes being here less enjoyable for her.  In fact, with the negative responses here I will be surprised if anyone who agrees with the OP will share anything - certainly not in public. I hope it actually does the opposite but I understand if people who have experienced sexism just give up talking about it here.

Well, if nothing else, you found out what alliances and who as individuals will support you if there are any concerns and who will not.  That's a plus

Edited by Sylvia
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sylvia said:

Why not?  Is there some rule that says you can give whatever opinion you want without proof EXCEPT an opinion about sexism?  The OP has free speech rights just like everyone else.  Plenty of people express opinions about plenty of topics that I've read without clear "proof.

If the majority of people here do not feel they have seen sexist comments or seen women treated in a way unequal to men in the game, good for them.  I do not have any problems with that.  However I am disappointed that people feel the need to argue with an OP who is expressing an opinion based on the OP's own experience. I would of thought that everyone would want a fellow PnW person to be able to enjoy the same hobby the rest of us do and not jump on her and demand "proof" for bringing up a concern that makes being here less enjoyable for her.  In fact, with the negative responses here I will be surprised if anyone who agrees with the OP will share anything - certainly not in public. I hope it actually does the opposite but I understand if people who have experienced sexism just give up talking about it here.

OP is not *just* expressing an opinion, OP is setting a call to action: (1) "Alliances and individuals signing this pledge to remove hateful and intolerant elements from their alliances, discord servers, and communities." (2) "we will however publish a list of individuals proven to have conducted themselves in a grotesque manner".

For the list of individuals to be "proven to have conducted themselves in a grotesque manner", proof must be provided. What we're asking for is what OP explicitly stated would be had. Us demanding proof are just following the old concept: "Innocent until proven guilty"

Setting up individuals in our community to be ostracized without proof is a terrible thing. You're establishing a kangaroo court.

Edited by JPMorgan
  • Upvote 1

Why not?  Is there some rule that says you can give whatever opinion you want without proof EXCEPT an opinion about sexism?  The OP has free speech rights just like everyone else.  Plenty of people express opinions about plenty of topics that I've read without clear "proof."

Gabe wasn't being literal there.  Of course you can say your opinion no matter what it is, but it's not going to make sense and it will make you seem foolish.

In terms of your comment about shifty, that's your opinion.  If someone is offended by what someone else says neither you nor I can say "oh no you're not."  Maybe you and I were not offended but we are not the other person.

Well, if nothing else, you found out what alliances and who as individuals will support you if there are any concerns and who will not.  That's a plus

Now, you've blurred the lines between a witch-hunt based on generalizations versus intuitive debate.  First, people can claim experiences that don't exist because lying is part of human nature.  Second, just because you have a specific experience doesn't mean there's a systemic problem.  All you have is a situational problem.  Third, yes, it's plausible that things are going on behind the scenes and you have no proof of because you aren't there, but that's just a possibility, not a necessity.  It's also plausible that nothing's going on at all.

That's why we have value-oriented discussions, and that's especially why we're supposed to have these discussions in advance of experience before anything happens to prevent bad things from happening.  The point is to assess people's personalities in figuring out how they process information.  We understand how there are limits to evidence.

Edited by Dubayoo

Wow someone with a brain.  Thank you Sylvia.  P. S.  I miss bothering you in HBE lol join Arrgh cx 

40 minutes ago, JPMorgan said:

OP is not *just* expressing an opinion, OP is setting a call to action: (1) "Alliances and individuals signing this pledge to remove hateful and intolerant elements from their alliances, discord servers, and communities." (2) "we will however publish a list of individuals proven to have conducted themselves in a grotesque manner".

Is it bad to hold terrible people responsible for their actions?  I'm confused 

yUpP2fl.jpg