#SexismEndsNow

Kynlo

5 minutes ago, Queen M said:

It's not a surprise and is quite well-known that gay men can be, and often, tend to be extraordinarily sexist. Un-checkmate?

Don't paint all of us with such a broad brush!! That's very intolerant.

That's like saying asians can be, and often tend to be extraordinarily good at math.

Edited by Vosunda
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Sylvia said:

Just in general,  it has been my experience having used a female name (and yes, I really am female) on PnW when I used a neutral one elsewhere that some people do treat me different depending and made assumptions based on my sex.  I'm not looking for a date by coming here.  I am not some sort of representative of "all women" or the female sex anymore than individual men are of their own.   I'm looking to play a nation/alliance sim game.  I see this OP as simply asking the rest of the community to treat woman as equals regardless of gender in PnW and encourage others to do the same.  If they do not, call them out on it.  Yeah,  they can have their sexist opinions but the rest of us are free to point out that their opinions are wrong. 

Why is that at all controversial? 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Sylvia said:

Again, since when is being hateful toward women "having independent beliefs and opinions"?  For the vast majority of human history women were at best had the same rights as children.  In a number of countries today we're still treated like second class citizens. 

Believing that women are inferior to men today may be an "opinion" but only in the same way that "the world is flat" is also an opinion.  I am truly surprised someone needs to correct any part of Orbis on this matter but apparently it is necessary.  Thank you Kynlo for educating the people who apparently didn't know any better.

--------------------------------

Just in general,  it has been my experience having used a female name (and yes, I really am female) on PnW when I used a neutral one elsewhere that some people do treat me different depending and made assumptions based on my sex.  I'm not looking for a date by coming here.  I am not some sort of representative of "all women" or the female sex anymore than individual men are of their own.   I'm looking to play a nation/alliance sim game.  I see this OP as simply asking the rest of the community to treat woman as equals regardless of gender in PnW and encourage others to do the same.  If they do not, call them out on it.  Yeah,  they can have their sexist opinions but the rest of us are free to point out that their opinions are wrong. 

Hi. First of all, I would like to say that I never said “hating on women” is an opinion. My comment was generally directed to the fact that a lot of people can take peoples opinions, thoughts or beliefs as being “racist, homophobic or sexist”. There are a broad range of thoughts, beliefs and opinions in this game regarding things like homosexuality, immigration or the recent growing feminism and anti-men rhetoric across the western world for example. People, quite often take others opinions and call them racist, homophobic or sexist and now they can be put on some fancy register for simply having their own beliefs or opinions. We must uphold freedom of thought, belief, expression and speech. However when I say that, it’s not an excuse for people to be hateful or harass others.

If someone is genuinely being a racist, homophobe or a sexist then there’s already laws existing in this game for that. It’s called banishment. But the thing is, racism, homophobia or sexism doesn’t really exist in this game. There’s not really any players that are actually hateful towards certain races, sexual orientations or genders. If these people actually exist then they get reported to the game admin who actually have authority to take real disciplinary action towards them. 

In conclusion, I’m sorry you’ve expierencdd a game where you feel you’ve been treated differently. But, for me I actually don’t see a game where women are treated differently. Many women in the game, while being a small share of the demographic hold high standings and government positions. My closest friend in this game is a women and she’s probably one of the best and most dedicated nations. She was also in my government and to this day, and she knows it, she was the best government member I’ve ever had. 

Justin, 

Edited by Justin076
  • Upvote 3

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

Guest Karl VII
10 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Hi. First of all, I would like to say that I never said “hating on women” is an opinion. My comment was generally directed to the fact that a lot of people can take peoples opinions, thoughts or beliefs as being “racist, homophobic or sexist”. There are a broad range of thoughts, beliefs and opinions in this game regarding things like homosexuality, immigration or the recent growing feminism and anti-men rhetoric across the western world for example. People, quite take their opinions and call them resist, or homophobic and now they can be put on some fancy register for simply having their own beliefs or opinions. We must uphold freedom of thought, belief, expression and speech. However when I say that, it’s not an excuse for people to be hateful or harass others.

If someone is genuinely being a racist, homophobe or a sexist then there’s already laws existing in this game for that. It’s called banishment. But the thing is, racism, homophobia or sexism doesn’t really exist in this game. There’s not really any players that are actually hateful towards certain races, sexual orientations or genders. If these people actually exist then they get reported to the game admin who actually have authority to take real disciplinary action towards them. 

In conclusion, I’m sorry you’ve expierencdd a game where you feel you’ve been treated differently. But, for me I actually don’t see a game where women are treated differently. Many women in the game, while being a small share of the demographic hold high standings and government positions. My closest friend in this game is a women and she’s probably one of the best and most dedicated nations. She was also in my government and to this day, and she knows it, she was the best government member I’ve ever had. 

Justin, 

On 10/14/2017 at 3:09 PM, Rozalia said:

Shifty indeed has made an error in saying such things. His talk implies "MILFs" are emotionally needy as if they are special in that regard. They aren't. Outside the small exceptions (#NotAll. Also not talking about Lesbians as they don't actually exist outside some rare cases) women are emotionally needy and need a strong man

Took me literally 2 seconds to find an example of sexism lol

Don't you remember that one ultra right wing alliance that even got protection by KT and then was destroyed by fark a couple months ago (forgot the name lol)

So i don't really see how you can say that there's no racism and sexism in this community?

I don't think this list is going to help in any way though though because alliances who do not tolerate openly racist/sexist people will just keep on doing what they did before and people who tolerate all that shit will not give a !@#$ about this list.

Edited by Karl VII

2 minutes ago, Karl VII said:

Took me literally 2 seconds to find an example of sexism lol

I don't think this list is going to help in any way though though because alliances who do not tolerate openly racist/sexist people will just keep on doing what they did before and people who tolerate all that shit will not give a !@#$ about this list.

Saying Lesbians don't actually exist outside some rare cases is sexists? That women, again, outside the minority are emotionally needy and need a strong man is sexist (are you saying women want weak men?)? Please. As those who have talked with me on these subjects on discord know, the master of the choke is not a sexist person. He loves the ladies greatly. Like no one else, believe me. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Karl VII
11 minutes ago, Rozalia said:

Saying Lesbians don't actually exist outside some rare cases is sexists? That women, again, outside the minority are emotionally needy and need a strong man is sexist (are you saying women want weak men?)? Please. As those who have talked with me on these subjects on discord know, the master of the choke is not a sexist person. He loves the ladies greatly. Like no one else, believe me. 

Dude you just sound like one of those creepy dudes that go to pick up seminars and try to be an "alpha" but just come across as rapey.

1 hour ago, Sylvia said:

--------------------------------

Speak the !@#$ up gurlllll.  When everyone saw me with a female Avi but "Johnny" then I said I'm a guy.  People treated me different.  What if I was a Chick.  Are they afraid I'll rub my period on them.  

1 hour ago, WISD0MTREE said:

I don't see anyone on here claiming women are inferior. I've seen more people post comments supporting terrorists beheading people than hateful messages against women because they are women. The only messages I've seen against women are because they made stupid comments, which would happen equally to any male on here. Kind of like this comment below. 

Cute. Issue A is more important so women know your role.  We got terrorists to stop first.  Sounds like you can't think of more than 1 issue at once.  Or perhaps you lack the capacity to see any REAL issue.  

44 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

This is why we started this.  It is happening and the Game Dev obviously can't keep up with it.  Alex has to brush his teeth once a day atleast.  So we she'd light on these matters hidden from Alex.  Sad to say they his them from you too my friend 

1 hour ago, Vosunda said:

Don't paint all of us with such a broad brush!! That's very intolerant.

That's like saying asians can be, and often tend to be extraordinarily good at math.

Still a judgement.  In fact I know a multitude of those Asians who are terrible at mathematics,  yet they succed in history.  But do we pay Asians less for their education?  No.  Do we pay women less for not having a penis?  Yes.  See the issue.  Education isn't the factor. It's gender.  Quit playing who has it worse.  

22 minutes ago, Karl VII said:

Dude you just sound like one of those creepy dudes that go to pick up seminars and try to be an "alpha" but just come across as rapey.

You're right there dude.  Very creepy 

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

An alliance that was literally founded by Kastor wants us to stop being sexist.

Yeah.  Is that too hard to understand.  Try using a brain not a Cock.  

1 hour ago, Tsilya Tsyganov said:

The only reason anyone would treat you differently for being a woman is if you constantly bring it up and stir shit up based on the fact you have a vagina so you can get attention. (such as this entire thread). 

I’ve been treated perfectly normally, because I don’t go “hurr durr look at me I have a vagina”.

It’s controversial because people are already being treated fairly regardless of gender, and it’s really just accusing people of wrongthink for no good reason.

Have you looked at a human being once?  Just once.  Or do you enjoy living a lie.  Pay for jobs.  Males earn 40%+ sorry they put female on the application huh?  Next time yell.  "I HAVE A DICK" you might get enough to afford real food.  

You're treated normally because you're profile makes it tough to identity you as female.  

In conclusion I believe we have shead some light that Sexism exists heavy.  In fact it's proven in this very thread.  Terrible that people feel a human life is a joke.  Maybe if mommy hugged you more you'd actually understand you're not the only person in this world.  !@#$ing sickening to see guys act like their Dick is a fycking God.  It's 6 inches if you pull on it get over yourself 

3 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

Think of the children tho! :'(

It's ok dad I still love you 

• Upvote 2

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

>goes onto a forum for a nation simulation game that tolerates nazism, radical christian extremism, and radical islamic extremism

>surprised that the forums are a cesspool of bad philosophy, bad ethics, bad morals, false equivalencies, bad history, and general idiocy

really?  this place is one of the dumbest echo chambers i've ever seen, i don't know any anyone left of hitler would ever come here.

• Upvote 4

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

7 minutes ago, Sargun said:

>goes onto a forum for a nation simulation game that tolerates nazism, radical christian extremism, and radical islamic extremism

>surprised that the forums are a cesspool of bad philosophy, bad ethics, bad morals, false equivalencies, bad history, and general idiocy

really?  this place is one of the dumbest echo chambers i've ever seen, i don't know any anyone left of hitler would ever come here.

i don’t remember people tolerating islamic extremism (who doesn’t want ibrahim rolled)

werent Reichswehr and Iron Guard hit because they resembled fascist and nazi themes

havent there been like tens of communist alliances that haven’t been targeted for their political beliefs but anything right wing themed gets rolled

definitely a :thonk: 

plenty of leftists in political discussion 

Edited by Hope
  • Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Johnny Costello said:

When everyone saw me with a female Avi but "Johnny" then I said I'm a guy.  People treated me different. 

What if I was a Chick.  Are they afraid I'll rub my period on them.  

Issue A is more important so women know your role. 

We got terrorists to stop first.  Sounds like you can't think of more than 1 issue at once.  Or perhaps you lack the capacity to see any REAL issue.  

Still a judgement.  In fact I know a multitude of those Asians who are terrible at mathematics,  yet they succed in history.  But do we pay Asians less for their education?  No.  Do we pay women less for not having a penis?  Yes.  See the issue.  Education isn't the factor. It's gender.  Quit playing who has it worse.  

Yeah.  Is that too hard to understand.  Try using a brain not a Cock.  

Have you looked at a human being once?  Just once.  Or do you enjoy living a lie.  Pay for jobs.  Males earn 40%+ sorry they put female on the application huh?  Next time yell.  "I HAVE A DICK" you might get enough to afford real food.  

In conclusion I believe we have shead some light that Sexism exists heavy.  In fact it's proven in this very thread.  Terrible that people feel a human life is a joke. 

Maybe if mommy hugged you more you'd actually understand you're not the only person in this world.  !@#$ing sickening to see guys act like their Dick is a fycking God.  It's 6 inches if you pull on it get over yourself 

Having conflicting profile pic and name tend to confuse people. As far as I'm aware, being confused =/= sexism. 

No, they're afraid of being called out on false sexism claims. 

Could you re-phrase this? 

As I stated, I have not seen anyone on the PnW forums claim women are inferior to men. 

And this is relevant to sexism on Orbis how? If you want to debate the wage gap, then the Debate section would be the proper area. 

Maybe insulting people is why people act negatively towards you? 

And this is relevant to sexism on Orbis how? If you want to debate the wage gap, then the Debate section would be the proper area. 

All I have seen in this thread are people who disagree that sexism is a problem in Orbis and identity politics shouldn't be driving in-game decisions. What I haven't seen are people who fell "life is a joke." Is that really sexism? 

From where I'm sitting, it appears that you feel like you're the only person in the world. Throwing a tantrum about out-of-game topics in a forum dedicated to in-game discussions seems fairly selfish to me. In addition, you've demonized men throughout this post, yet you proceed to insult all men. That is very counterproductive in any healthy debate.

I can't fathom why anyone would bring real life issues, whether real or not, into a game. Not just any game, but a game based on merit. Nobody really cares whether you are a boy or girl, unless you're obnoxious about it. There may be one or two bad apples, but they exist everywhere. However, the overwhelming part of the community doesn't care. For example, everyone I've met has the most respect for Jessica Rabbit's work, even if they're in the opposing alliance. She was even voted Best Alliance Leader, Most Likely to Succeed in 2017, Nicest Player, and Player of the Year. Sounds like the community really doesn't care about gender, but they do care about skill and manners. 

• Upvote 3

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Does nobody else see the common theme here?

Let me point it out...I say sexism, and people scream that I'm demonizing men or that it's all about women....

Did I once say sexism towards women? - Yes that's the primary aim, but sexism works both ways - and no I don't represent the Female/LGBT/Whatever communities...I represent ME and the things I stand for.  Don't like it? I honestly couldn't care less.  The point is a valid one, and people using the argument "I haven't seen it happen, therefore you must be wrong" need to ask themselves...why would that be true?  There are lots of things I have not seen personally...doesn't make them not exist..

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Kynlo said:

Let me point it out...I say sexism, and people scream that I'm demonizing men or that it's all about women....

Did I once say sexism towards women? - Yes that's the primary aim, but sexism works both ways - and no I don't represent the Female/LGBT/Whatever communities...I represent ME and the things I stand for. 

The point is a valid one, and people using the argument "I haven't seen it happen, therefore you must be wrong" need to ask themselves...why would that be true?  There are lots of things I have not seen personally...doesn't make them not exist..

I sincerely hope that is not pointed at me. If you look at all of my posts, I accuse individual people of demonizing men based on certain quotes. For example, "Try using a brain not a Cock." 

I actually appreciate someone stating this. It's kind of rare to see these days. 

I'm only stating it is wrong because it would be very easy to attach a screenshot of examples and explain why you believe the screenshots are sexist, yet nobody in this thread has provided a single example. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png