Resorian News Network

Spectral

From this point forward, I will try to keep the broadcasts/announcements in here.

.:Broadcast:.

"Resorian border officials were rocked earlier this morning, as the nearly year long civil war persists in the CAK. Authorities say it was a car bomb attempting to permit rebel forces to cross the border to resupply. We're being told that the forces failed to do any serious damages, though 2 Resorian soldiers were wounded. The rebels, utilizing a car bomb, attempted to sneak 30 soldiers over the border. Unfortunately for them, several Challenger-II tanks have recently been stationed on the border in an attempt to reinforce it as both government and rebel forces become more and more desparate.

As the war rages on, the humanitarian crisis continues to grow, as food and basic medicine become more and more scarce. Several attempts to provide aid have reportedly been met with hostilities by opposing faction agents operating in the others territory. It's become clear that both sides are set on starving out the other. The Chancellor of Interior reported a few minutes ago, that this attack would result in a series of airstrikes to ensure the rebels won't repeat this action again. Here is the statement the Chancellor of Interior gave:

"We understand that things are critical on their side of the border, but every time aid is sent, the factions involved squander it. We have tried to help them, but actions like this cannot go unpunished. The High Chancellor has cleared us to begin a series of strikes to limit rebel munitions. We in no way support the CAK regime, but nor can we ignore the actions of the rebel forces. Thank you"

Edited by Spectral

"Authorities announced today, that Resoria will no longer ignore the Walpurgis threat of expansion. They say that they will be sending a humanitarian force to patrol the middle eastern border of the nation, in an effort to detain anyone fleeing from the country, and help free them from the optession. The High Chancellor gave us his release from inside the United Nation's ciuncil, and he had this to say:"

"It had become clear to use that we can no longer remain idle while the Walpurgis menace continues to commit atrocities unchecked. As such, I have authorized 1,500 regular infantry, 150 SuperCobras, and 2,000 M24 Chaffee tanks be deployed towards the south western border of Walpurgis. They will have strict instructions to detain anyone leaving the nation, and gather information as to what is going inside it."

• 2 weeks later...

"The High Chancellor announces that Resorian military will begin reclamation of CAK territory that has become a cesspool of criminality and butchery. Officials say that they have been air striking the CAK territory for weeks now, softening up the territory for an incursion. Some say he is doing this to bolster support for the election next month. What do you think, Frederick?"

"Well Rebecca, I think that might be the case, but more importantly he will be rescueing the 2.4 million people who are being brutalized in the streets. And at the end of the day, I think that's what is really important. Additionally, the High Chancellor and his party passed a law permitting women the right to vote and own property. This has improved his approval rating from 82% to 91%. I think the elections for this interim election are going to result in the RPP dominating. But I suppose we'll see, Rebecca."

.:Classified:.

Resorian military would utilize informants to determine where rebel forces were located, and sent in their Gen-IIIs and Challenger-IIs. Because of the durability of both, the rebel forces were completely overwhelmed in the initial attacking, capturing 6 of the 11 intended cities. The rebel forces were routed, and retreated to fortify their remaining cities. Resoria lost 2 Gen-IIIs and 5 Challenger-IIs, while 12 Gen-IIIs and 6 Challenger-IIs were damaged.

"The High Chancellor, after discussion with MoG [Corp], and in conjunction with our ally Umbrella, has decided to convert to the currency of 'credits' over the course of the next year. The Chancellor assures us that this will drastically eliminate inflation, and improve standard of living. The RSP has conceded running for the High Chancellor position, with their candidate Ocrean Ashgrown. I think this was a smart move on their part, as it will likely let the RPP work with them post elections to continue to make progress."

"That's interesting, Rebecca, because I can't help but think that Chancellor Spyre offered them some form of consolation for conceding running. As for what it is, I imagine we'll find out. It's smart of them to accept, because with Chancellor Spyre's approval rating, it was unlikely they'd win. And by giving women the right to vote, he made and won an entire voter base instantly.

"As of now, Chancellor Spyre will win the High Chancellor position uncontested. It also looks like the RPP will sweep the majority in the senate."

"Election results are in! That's right, and the High Chancellor has been re-elected to his position. The RPP has won 72 seats, the RSP has won 44 seats, the conservative party has won 5 seats, and the Libertarian Party has won 10 seats.

Furthermore, the High Chancellor has named two RSP members to his cabinet."

mini-_Picture_004-2.jpg

Laurentian Embassy, Hifdale

The Laurentian Government congratulate the Resorian people and their government in both an open and fair election. Her Excellency the President offers her kindest words to the High Chancellor for maintaining cordial domestic affairs and granting women the right to vote. An increase in both Human and Women rights inside the Republic of Resoria.

"After the former government of the Ivory Union fell apart, High Chancellor Keat Spyre decided it was time to take advantage of the situation. As such, Resorian forces immeadietely shifted accross borders with their military equipment, and took up residence in the current ivory coast. Due to previous aid shipments and the like, the new territory already has the required infrastructure. The Hermes towers are being built, along with construction of new roads accross the 6 major cities that make up our new nation. Because of the new swathe of territory, Resorian officials are forced to abandon the former cultural center of Resoria. Despite this, they assure us the new resource deposits in the Ivory coast will more than make up for it. Further more, the High Chancellor has promised us that he will reclaim the former Resorian territory. What do you think about this, frederick?"

"Well, Rebecca, this has hurt his approval rating, dropping it down to 63%. Despite this, he has plenty of time to approve it, and he's currently moving the entire population into this new territory. I think this could end very well but it really depends on how Chancellor Spyre chooses to handle things from here on out."

"I agree. It should be interesting to see how Mr Spyre continues from here."

The Quantam Radar would be moved over to the new territory, while OTW Radar stations would be constructed along critical points to ensure security. The new territory possessed 26 military factories that would immeadietely be set to produce the Gen-IIIs and Challenger-IIs that had been constructed in the previous territory, while also producing 4 F-18s per day. Additionally, 8 deep sea naval ports were claimes along the territory, and Resoria would immeadietely enter into discussion with Umbrella over schematics for naval vessels.  Another 11 deep sea shipyards would be ordered to be built, to begin building a sizeable navy for the new coastal nation.

(4,200 Gen-IIIs, 490 Challenger-IIs, and 336 Damocless every 7 ooc days, costing 10 billion credits.)

Edited by Spectral

"Welcome, Resoria! We have a very special guest on tonight. The High Chancellor hinself, Mr Keat Spyre! Please give a warm welcome."

"Thank you Rebecca. I'm really glad to be here."

"No, thank you, Mr Spyre. We haven't been able to interview you since the revolution. Please, tell us your thoughts on the events recently."

"It had been a while. It's been hectic, from dealing with the CAK forces to monitoring the rise if the rebels. Witnessing the rising tensions in the world stage, to the development of a united nations. It's definitely been a chaotic time, but that hasn't stopped Resoria from persisting. Even today, we make leaps and strides developing our nation. Earlier today, we actually spoke to Britannia for a 12 billion credit deal in exchange for the excess sakuradite production. We hope to build this uo, going further."

"I must ask, Mr Spyre, what made you push for women's right to vote?"

"Well, Rebecca, women live in this country along with us men. I think it's hardly fair to tax then without permitting them a say in how this government runs. I actually intend to lobby the Senate to permit women to hold office prior to the next election."

"I see, that's amazing. I honestly think you were the best person for the job when you overthrew the monarchy. It's simply surprising, since most instances end in failure."

"Well, I truly starred that rebellion for the people, and not to further my own political power. That's why I've been able to improve the situation in our nation so dranatically."

"I hate to bring this up, but many wonder what happened to the rebel forces stronghold?"

"We strongly believe that the rebel forces massacred the population rather than surrender it to the CAK forces. Whatever the case may be, what happened was a tragedy."

• Upvote 1

"Welcome back to Resorian News tonight, as we discuss the merits behind the massive project that our nation has announced recently, regarding a naval port capable of housing 9 of the 18 carrier groups that the nation intends to produce or purchase. They say this project will take 2 years, with thousands of synthetics working around the clock. Additionally, it will cost 26 billion credits to pursue. Frederick, what do you think this will do to the national budget?"

"I mean, 26 billion credits is a lot of money, no one can deny that. But it's also spread out over 2 years, so you in reality it's 13 billion per year. It's a manageable ammount, and while it could be used for helping the lower class, the reality is that they our lower class isn't that desperate. They don't own homes, but 93% of the population has a roof over their heads and 92% have regular meals. So the nation isn't in dire straits. Additionally, the government seems to be putting a large number of orphans through a program, so the tax burden there has been relieved."

"Have officials released what the program is, Frederick?"

"As of now, all we know about the project is it gives them a basic education, food, and a great deal of physical training. It's not the best life, but it is better than living in an orphanage."

"But we know nothing of the program, so how can you-"

"We know enough to make that guess, rebecca. Besides, 53% or orphans end up troubled youths or criminals. It's clearly the better alternative."

"Yes, of course. You're right, frederick."

The port will be able to hold 10 carrier groups, and will have the defenses:

1,600 S500 missiles, 11 iron dome batteries, 1,600 BARAK missiles, An EMP shell, 12 Archangel-3 systems, 2 Hermes towers, 1 OTW radar station, and 2 quantum radar stations attached to the Hermes towers.

Edited by Spectral

.:unofficial message:.

Resorian official, Randolph Onasi, would forward an email to running candidate Le Penn, about a possible conference.

"Thank you for having me today, Rebecca."

"Thank you for being here today, Chancellor Spyre. I hear you wished to announce something in regards to the Laurentian election?"

"That's right. I came to talk about the candidate Le Penn. We've attempted to communicate with him, and I must say, he seems like the best candidate for Laurentian Prime Minister. Of the people, by the people, and for the people. Truly, I think Resorians everywhere can appreciate him, and I myself respect the platform that he's running on. If he were elected, I could see Resoria, and the community as a whole, respond very well to him."

"I see. So, do you feel that you can relate to his platform?"

"I do. I was not a politician when I was made interim High Chancellor, and a novice when I was elected for a full term. Even still, the people are content with my decision making so far, as I have an approval rating of over 83%."

"I see. Well, hopefully this man can become prime minister, because I think we all agree it can only help them in the future."

Edited by Spectral

"Welcome back to the Resorian News Network. We're here to announce that the Resorian military will be donating recently out dated weaponry to the independent contracting organization of PSET, or Paramilitary Security Exchange and Trade. This announcement comes after a recent agreement was accepted by the organization to accept jobs for the Resorian government in exchange for this equipment, at a greatly reduced price. Immeadietely after, PSET announced that they would be launching a full scale occupation to establish order in the Central African Kingdom, as the situation has been deteriorating over the past 2 years."

"That's right, Rebecca. Our reports tell us that over 3.1 million civilians have been killed since this civil war started. These casualties are a result of the brutal tactics that both the rebels and government forces have chosen to use since the onset of this conflict. Resorian officials banned travel to and from the CAK at the start of the conflict, and have conducted irregular airstrikes on the nation as a result of the clashes on the border. This drawn out war if attrition had no end in sight, and while soldier give their lives every day on the battlefield the real victims are the civilians caught in the crossfire. I think I speak for all of us here when I say, I hope PSET can establish order in the territory."

"I certainly hope so, Frederick. Without it, this war could go on for years longer. And if I'm honest, I don't think we could support that influx of refugees."

"Well Rebecca, it looks like we're on the move again, as the Resorian Navy has taken up positions in the harbors of Mallorca and the former Sri Lankan Federation. Upon arrivel, the forces realized the error of their ways, and joined the Republic with open arms. I'm told it was quite the spectacle."

"That's right, Frederick. They're calling this Union Day, to be celebrated every year. The High Chancellor announced that the island of Sri Lanka will be the grounds for a new and major port for SPARTAn signatories in the Pacific and Indian Oceans. Preperations are being made to drastically improve the fortifications in the area, and word has it, it well take 6 months."

The Mallorcan people held a referendum, where many political leaders in the area were bribed to support the division. The Spanish monarchy was pressured with 2 Resorian carrier groups, not to attempt anything.

finally, the population of Sri Lanka was subjugated. The politicians were assassinated, and S.T.A.R.S. members posing as terrorists wrought havoc on the island nation, until Resorian forces moved in to bring peace to the chaos of the island.

Equipment and resources were being gathered to quickly build underwater silos around the military ports for the defense of the island, along with an EMP shell, 15 iron dome batteries, 1,100 BARAK-8 missile, 800 s-500 missiles, 5 Archangel systems, 2 Hermes towers, an airport to hold up to 300 aircraft, and an OTW radar station.

Edited by Spectral

.:Special Broadcast:.

"Earlier today, 6 hours ago, rebel forces attacked the CAK capital, and killed 70 people in a string of attacks. The attack started with a shrapnel bomb that killed King Marshall Duval, and his entire family as well as his 6 servants. The rebels then moved inside the palace and killed 14 gaurds and 2 more members of the royal family. Afterwards a series of briefcase bombs were set off at security terminals in and around the palace, before PSET forces forced their way into the palace engaged the rebels."

"That's right Rebecca. The firefight lasted 14 minutes, before the rebel forces were killed. The cousin of the former king, Harold Duval, has released this statement."

"This cowardly attack on our nation will not go unpunished. I will purge the rebel sympathizers from our government. That's all I have to say on the matter, thank you."

"Reports are coming in that 3 generals, the former Head of Intelligence, and 36 soldiers have been taken into custody. Some say that they were arrested for what they knew, but ultimately there's no proof of those allegations. Whatever the case, we're glad this violent chapter in CAK's history has finally come to a close."