Dear TKR- A Hogwarts message

Prefonteen

21 minutes ago, Greatness said:

Good thing this ain't IRL and pixels ain't people eh

Not sure what IRL has to do with this, I was commenting within the context of dynamics both on Orbis and another world that shall remained unnamed.

Edited by Cataduanes

Just now, Cataduanes said:

Not sure IRL has to do with this, I was commenting within the context of dynamics both on Orbis and another world that shall remained unnamed.

Ah, the world I joined for all of one week.

And rekt some kid who declared on me instantly...

12 minutes ago, Greatness said:

Ah, the world I joined for all of one week.

And rekt some kid who declared on me instantly...

You must indeed be some special kind of tough guy, but I am not sure you wrecking some 'kid' refutes my own assertion in the slightest.

Just now, Cataduanes said:

You must indeed be some special kind of tough guy, but I am not sure you wrecking some 'kid' refutes my own assertion in the slightest.

Ah no I wasn't refuting you. 

I was referring to the joke world of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), not arguing you :P 

Edited by Greatness

5 minutes ago, Greatness said:

Ah no I wasn't refuting you. 

I was referring to the joke world of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), not arguing you :P 

Well ain't that dandy.

4 minutes ago, Cataduanes said:

Well ain't that dandy.

The Knights Radiant   0/29/2015  127    Asia     2,655.28       337,219.99
New Pacific Order  12/01/2015   127  Australia   1,642.87   208,645.08

127 members each, congrats NPO

Edited by Greatness

12 minutes ago, Greatness said:
The Knights Radiant   0/29/2015  127    Asia     2,655.28       337,219.99
New Pacific Order  12/01/2015   127  Australia   1,642.87   208,645.08

127 members each, congrats NPO

Thanks for that. May your hubris keep you warm at night.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Thalmor said:

All alliances get their ass handed to them eventually, and TKR will be no exception to that. You can talk tough now, but next year or the year after that, when TKR gets rolled, I can't wait to see how you and the rest of TKR's general membership take it.

• Upvote 5

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

Summary of the incident:

TKR is put on the hotseat, they decide to do nothing.

NK is working against their ally because they think they’re wrong.

Nuke Bloc wants to use nukes so they’re baiting TKR.

Hogwarts ran from TKRSPHERE to avoid getting rolled.

TKR still hasn’t done anything.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Rip Hunter said:

Summary of the incident:

Well nukes destroy pixels .

8 hours ago, Rip Hunter said:

Summary of the incident:

I mean, TKR doesn't really have to do anything.  They made their point and it got people all flustered.

6 hours ago, Rip Hunter said:

Agreed. But once you guys Decom everyone will go back to Hoggy. 

Could just partial decom and claim IQ hostilities for not full decom.

Then declare at update and double buy + roll. 

6 hours ago, Rip Hunter said:

Agreed. But once you guys Decom everyone will go back to Hoggy. 

Sure, TKR made their point already, and opposing parties acknowledged it with their actions (Indirect and direct).

On 10/18/2017 at 4:54 PM, Partisan said:

40c0cc42682f0408255d4f51e5f6db02.jpg

Before we personalize this message, I will take the audience to a time months past. We will recount a story of grand schemes and manipulations. Of pure unfiltered evil and chaos on the verge of being poured atop this globe. Of naughty snakes, stark contradictions and self fulfilling prophecies.

I take you back to my last venture. No, we are not speaking of the recent past, for Real Life had my attention until the Spartan war. Rather, we go back to a period when The Knights Radiant, champions of change and dynamism, sat propagating their gospel. Hogwarts' intent has always been one of refusal to the bipolar status quo. Though our ability to engage in localized warfare has been hampered by the blobs that be, we have been relatively succesful in creating a viable niche within the status quo from which to influence politics. Many of you know me: I am known to plot and scheme. For schemes and plots are what makes the world go round.

It became readily apparent throughout the Radiant preachings that their solutions weren't actionable due to implausibility and a gross underestimation of both political reality and human nature. Concerns from natural rivals were generally stamped out with discussion killing accusations:

"You don't want change at all. We are making offers".

Be that as it may, Hogwarts sat. Hogwarts listened. Hogwarts observed. From our free agent niche we saw two rusted-in conglomerates who were entirely interchangeable in their arguments. And so we retained our independent nature and refrained from empowering either "side" of the argument or indeed, the political spectrum.

As time passed however, we did decide that it was time for us to attempt to spice up the world in our own way. When the United Purple Nations hopped into the middle of the spectrum and obtained protection from a protectorate-trigger-happy Rose while maintaining previous ties on the other side, I saw an opportunity to dip the world in chaos while placing the outcome of the situation and the world of the prime actors.

This was of importance to me, and to Hogwarts; We did not seek to replace "Easy Mode" with "IQ". Nor did we seek to solidify Easy Mode at the cost of IQ. Both sides after all, were equally entrenched in boredom. Similar in operations. 

The designed plan would see us employ arrgh ghosts to strike UPN and dare any comers to fight us. Acadia and Rose- and by extension IQ and EasyMode- would be placed in front of a classic prisoners conondrum:

- If side A hit us while side B sat out, side B would come ahead in relative power gains in the rivalry.

- if side B hit us while side A sat out, side A would come ahead in relative power gains in the rivalry.

- If side A and B both sat out and let UPN burn, both sides would come out even and lose minor influence over UPN

- If side A and B both hit us, they would have come out equally.

The notion of the plan was indifferent in nature: It was a strike for the sake of fun. Entertainment for all. But also one where both sides were placed in a position where they had to think, and where rough decisions had to be made. We figured, that this would spur drama and political activity.

Unfortunately, elements of the plan were leaked prematurely by select parties, and so we decided to shut the effort down. The window of opportunity had closed, and Hogwarts returned to its standard operations. The world continued spinning. Real life sprung on me and I delegated responsibilities to the alliance in my absence.

This situation persisted until recently our ally, Sparta, decided to strike another ally (GOB) out of boredom. Though rough choice, we opted to honor our agreement and defend our ally, who happened to be an ally of TKR as well.

This brings us to now. Hogwarts has finished its war with Sparta but finds itself occupied with picking up the pieces in the aftermath of what defacto be called an intra-ally war. The Knights Radiant has evidently identified a state of vulnerability in what I can only imagine they view as a rival and/or threat, and has opted to move accordingly. Piggybacking on injuries sustained during a war fought to defend their own ally, they have engaged in the typical diplomatic offensive which precedes military action - action which has been confirmed at this point by various sources-. 

Though their backroom movements have been quite visible due to leaks, they have thus far dodged and deflected requests for clarification while their member nations spiked their military.  The Knights Radiant's interference for their own grudges and ambitions in what was supposed to be a secluded (and fun for all) affair presents a strong contrast with their preachings for isolated small scale wars and dynamic politics.

TKR is not alone in this. Their allies, ranging from Guardian to Rose and the Commonwealth have similarly begun flexing in preparation.

The bottomline is simple: Hogwarts with its handful of nations does not posess the punching power to fight off a horde of 200/300/400 nations. Mathematically impossible, the situation presented is a papers please v2 with a flimsier CB, a more unfortunate timing and a smaller, historically less beligerent defendant.

Presented with this threat, the nations of Hogwarts have been sent on a field trip. I see no reason whatsoever for Hogwarts to indulge in TKR's folly and provide satisfaction in the form of a one sided rolling. Naturally, I shall remain within Hogwarts.

To Lordship and his government, I say this: Your hypocrisy is astounding. You flop and flail and duck and dodge in your weakminded attempts at catching me at "contradictions" or "incrimination". Your contempt for your smaller/non-core allies (such as GOB) is telling of the arrogance you derive off of your current position of power. Your screeching cries for "fun" are quelched by your desperate attempts at retaining your status quo. 

To your members: Good luck. I always enjoyed your company when we were allies. Do not let your government's current narrative influence your opinion too much: They had no qualms with my supposed machinations when they benefited you ;).

Awwwe. It’s kinda cute when you try and talk about things you will never be able to comprehend. My dad used to tell people “It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the 'impression' that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”

Seriously though, if I wanted to commit suicide all I would have to do is climb to the top of the collective Hogwarts ego and leap.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Optima said:

Seriously though, if I wanted to commit suicide all I would have to do is climb to the top of the collective Hogwarts ego and leap.

Why? You are already on pretty high ground yourself right now. :P

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Why? You are already on pretty high ground yourself right now. :P

Don't do it Ripper.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Optima said:

Awwwe. It’s kinda cute when you try and talk about things you will never be able to comprehend. My dad used to tell people “It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the 'impression' that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”

You should listen to your dad more often. ;)

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 4

os9LcJK.gif

7 hours ago, Optima said:

#CBFeels

settradirect.png